The cosmetology industry is growing and developing, expanding the scope of its services. A number of procedures aimed at rejuvenation, the acquisition by the client of a beautiful healthy appearance are now complemented by snail therapy, massage with Achatina snails. Unusual sensations are supported by a visible result.
Who are the Achatina?
These are tropical mollusks weighing about 500 g, in some countries they are perceived as a delicious delicacy, moreover, as an assistant in the fight against tuberculosis, and in combination – an aphrodisiac.
Achatina mollusks gained their popularity after laboratory studies, indicating the healing properties of their mucus produced during its movement. The thing is that the composition of the secreted fluid contains a substance that is an analogue of an antibiotic.
With constant contact with this animal, wounds heal on the skin, it becomes more tender and soft. Collagen, elastin and glycolic acid, which are part of the viscous mucus of Achatina, are the best source
ensure the strength and elasticity of the skin. In nature, these substances help the mollusk repair its shell after damage. The presence of vitamin A and C compensates for the lack of moisture in the skin cells, vitamin E acts as an absorbent.
This wonderful mollusk and its miraculous abilities were known in ancient times, skin inflammations were treated with mucus, used in the fight against skin aging caused by external factors (wind, sun). It is now known that glycolic acid, which is part of the mucus, is able to actively fight the manifestation of age spots on the skin in women of mature age.
The French and Germans, it turns out, have long learned to use Achatina mucus in the treatment of skin ulcers and various kinds of scars, noting that the skin recovers and heals faster. Indeed, an amazing animal Achatina. Just a crawling “elixir of youth”.
Achatina in cosmetology
The main task of the cosmetologist is to preserve the beauty, healthy appearance of the client for a long time. Previously, plant extracts were used as adaptogens, now cosmetology has stepped forward, the Achatina mollusk has become its assistant in this important matter.
Facial skin massage with giant snails has recently become a popular method among modern practicing cosmetologists, called snail therapy. Several snails (from 3 to 7) are placed on the skin of the face, neck and other desired areas. For half an hour, they slowly but surely move, releasing a healing viscous liquid. Such a procedure is equivalent to a spa treatment aimed at rejuvenating the skin by enhancing regeneration, collagen production, and restoring epidermal cells.
In the areas treated with shellfish, microcirculation improves, capillary walls are strengthened, collagen and elastin fibers are restored. The result is able to please not only after the procedure, but also for a long time. Wrinkles become less noticeable, old scars, stretch marks and even burns are gradually reduced and smoothed out. Dry irritated skin responds well to this effect. It stops peeling, receiving a significant supply of the moisture it needs, redness and irritation on the face quickly disappear.
The owners of acne and acne are pleasantly surprised, which is very difficult to deal with, but Achatina can do this task too. The healing properties of the liquid secreted by him are manifested in the removal of redness, reduction of inflammation. As a result, the skin tone evens out, acne becomes less noticeable, and there is a general restoration of the tissue.
Stretch marks after pregnancy become lighter, not so pronounced, they become almost invisible. A complete set of amino acids produces the synthesis of new connective tissue at the site of scars.
This procedure should be resorted to for those who have oily or combination skin. The presence of glycolic acid promotes the absorption of excess fat secreted by the sebaceous glands in excess. The skin becomes matte and sparkling.
Aesthetic cosmetology has taken a step forward. Some experts argue that Achatinas are not only excellent cosmetologists, but also neuropathologists: with their smooth sliding movements, they are able to have a beneficial effect on calming the nervous system and relieve muscle spasms caused by tension. Those suffering from varicose veins note that after a course of procedures in the problem area, the walls of blood vessels are clearly strengthened, blood circulation improves. Some argue about the effect of secreted mucus on the process of fat burning deposits in the thighs and buttocks, getting rid of cellulite.
Massage with snails at home – stages
Snail therapy is a fairly simple procedure. It can be easily carried out at home, without wasting money on visiting the spa. If this extremely useful creature lives in the house, why not arrange a course of anti-aging therapy for yourself without leaving your home?
Step by step:
- Before proceeding with the procedure, you need to wash the mollusk in running, not cold, but slightly warm water. You need to wash both the abdomen and the pet’s house, while you need to rotate it carefully so as not to drop it.
- Cleansing of the skin of the face and neck is required. To do this, you will need to remove cosmetics and impurities using a cosmetic product applied to a cotton pad, or wash your face with ordinary laundry soap. It is better not to use products with various kinds of additives and flavors. After washing, you need to lightly, without zeal, wipe your face. Milk will be the best cosmetic product, it not only cleanses the skin, but also opens the pores, allowing the components contained in the mucus to freely penetrate into the deep layers of the epidermis.
- Apply a few drops of regular milk to the skin. This slow-moving animal will move more actively, trying to reach all areas of the skin that have been hit by drops, thereby secreting a sufficient amount of mucus.
- Having returned the pet to your house, you need to continue the session without his participation. Spread the mucus over the skin with massaging patting movements, evenly, without much effort and excessive rubbing.
- After 15-20 minutes, the viscous substance will dry out, a feeling of dryness and tightness will appear. During the procedure, you should not smile and talk, allow the skin and muscles of the face to remain in a calm, relaxed state.
- After another quarter of an hour, when the mask finally absorbs into the skin, you need to wash yourself, apply a moisturizing day or night cream (depending on the time of day). There will be a feeling of freshness and elasticity of the skin. It will be uncomfortable to talk for some time, because the skin will become stretched.