According to some reports, the use of aloe as a cosmetic product began as early as the time of Empress Nefertiti in the 14th century BC. Nevertheless, despite the huge number of modern skin care products, this unique healing plant is used in cosmetology today.
Aloe is a perennial tree plant from the lily family. Of the existing 300 species, the leaves and juice of aloe vera are most often used for medicinal and cosmetic purposes. A real panacea for many ills, this unpretentious plant has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiseptic, regenerating, moisturizing, cleansing and soothing properties. Aloe leaves contain the main active ingredient allantoin, as well as a number of essential vitamins, minerals and trace elements, more than 20 amino acids, which explains such a wide range of action.
Effective face masks from aloe juice can be prepared independently, at home. Just wrap a sprig of aloe in a linen or cardboard box and refrigerate for two weeks, then squeeze the juice and use it in your favorite masks.
Masks for normal skin
- Mix one teaspoon of aloe with one yolk and one tablespoon of sour cream. Apply to the skin of the face in three layers, after drying each. Wash off after half an hour.
- Heat olive or any other vegetable oil, add a little aloe juice. Moisten ordinary gauze in the resulting mixture, cover the face with gauze and soak for 10 minutes. Cleanse the skin with a toner for normal skin. The mask is especially effective in the cold season, when even normal skin is prone to dryness and flaking.
- Pour three tablespoons of aloe jelly into a small amount of grated carrots. Add a little milk to the resulting slurry and apply the mask on a face that has been previously cleansed of makeup. Nourishes and improves complexion. If you replace carrots with cucumber, you can achieve a light brightening and tonic effect.
Masks for oily skin
- Beat one protein, pour a few drops of aloe and the same amount of lemon juice into it. Apply the mixture on the face, keep for half an hour. The skin after applying the mask becomes matte, smooth. It can also be used for acne prone skin.
- Grate a whole cucumber. Add three tablespoons of aloe and oatmeal. Pour in one egg white and mix. Keep the mask on your face for about 15 minutes. Thanks to oatmeal, the mask has the effect of a light scrub, perfectly cleanses the skin.
- To two tablespoons of aloe juice, add two tablespoons of gruel from chopped radish and two tablespoons of sage broth. Keep the mixture on your face for 15 minutes. Perfectly cleanses and tones, tightens pores.
Masks for dry skin
- Mix aloe juice with glycerin, honey, oatmeal 1:1, dilute with boiled water, apply to the skin. Leave for 25 minutes.
- Mix two teaspoons of aloe juice and jelly with two drops of rose oil or lavender oil, add two slices of grated cucumber. Apply to skin for 5 minutes. Calms and softens the skin.
- In a bowl, mix a little aloe juice, shea butter and olive oil in equal proportions. Apply with massage movements. Keep on the skin for half an hour. Cleanse the skin with tonic.
- Beat boiled potatoes with a little milk, add aloe juice. Apply to face and do not rinse for about 10 minutes. Rinse off using a contrast shower – this will improve skin tone.
Masks for sensitive skin
- One tablespoon of aloe jelly, one tablespoon of infusion of sage herb and chamomile mix and apply on face with a cotton pad. Hold for 5 minutes. Cleanse the skin with boiled water.
- Mix two tablespoons of aloe vera jelly with half a glass of natural yogurt, add 1 teaspoon of rosemary leaves. Apply to skin for 15 minutes. Cleanse the skin with boiled water.
- Mix three tablespoons of aloe pulp with two tablespoons of grated almonds, hold for 15 minutes. Rinse off face with filtered or mineral water.
Firming masks for mature skin
- Mix one part aloe jelly, one part apricot pulp, one part olive oil and apply on face. Wash off after 10 minutes. Rejuvenates the skin and eliminates premature wrinkles.
- Pour one tablespoon of aloe into a small amount of grated zucchini, add a small amount of warmed olive oil, immediately apply to the face. Keep 10 minutes.
- Mix two tablespoons of olive oil with two tablespoons of any nourishing cream, pour in two teaspoons of aloe juice, apply on face. Then wash off the mask and apply a new egg white mask with a pinch of salt for 10 minutes. Wash off the mask with sage infusion. This mask, with regular use, will help your skin stay young and toned longer.
Masks for acne prone skin
- Heat honey (one tablespoon) in a water bath, pour in one part of aloe juice and two parts of seaweed. Leave the mask on the skin for 10 minutes. Soothes and cleanses the skin.
- To one tablespoon of aloe jelly, add two drops of essential oil (rosemary, cloves, tea tree oil, camphor oil). The mask can be left overnight. Effectively eliminates acne.
- Dilute one teaspoon of white or blue clay in a small amount of aloe juice to the consistency of thick sour cream. As soon as the clay dries, rinse with warm water. Effectively cleanses and soothes inflamed skin.
- To make any acne mask more effective, add a decoction of aloe leaves to it. Boil two chopped sprigs of aloe for 15 minutes in half a glass of boiled water. Let it brew.
Before using any mask, in order to avoid allergic reactions, it is recommended to conduct a sensitivity test. Apply the mask to your wrist or other small area of skin. If after half an hour the skin does not turn red, there is no burning sensation and discomfort, feel free to apply the mask on your face.