The Darsonval device was originally used for medical reasons to treat a number of diseases. Often it was used to heal wounds, eliminate bruises and veins.
The essence of treatment with this device is the impact on the tissues of pulsed high-frequency currents of low strength and high voltage. Such electrotherapy gives the following effect:
- stimulation of metabolic processes,
- improvement of blood circulation,
- normalization of the function of the sebaceous and sweat glands,
- decreased sensitivity of pain receptors,
- saturation of tissues with oxygen,
- improved nutrition of tissue and organ cells,
- vasoconstriction and increased white blood cell count.
Indications and contraindications for the use of the device in cosmetology
Nowadays, this device is more often used by cosmetologists for hair and facial skin care. Here are the indications for such physiotherapy as follows:
- decreased skin tone
- enlarged pores,
- oily skin,
- aging skin,
- lymph stasis,
- lifeless split ends,
- hair loss,
- use in combination with other cosmetic procedures.
Carrying out massage with the Darsonval apparatus can be carried out both in a medical office or salon, and at home. However, you need to understand that, like any other physiotherapy procedure, this one has a number of contraindications and side effects. Therefore, before conducting such sessions, it is necessary to discuss with the doctor the appropriateness of such electrotherapy in a particular case.
Such electrotherapy is contraindicated in:
- malignant formations,
- growing benign formations,
- implanted pacemaker,
- impaired blood clotting,
- skin sensitivity problems
- epileptic seizures,
- heart arrhythmias,
- some cases of manifestations of rosacea,
- lots of facial hair
- hormonal disorders.
Possible side effects:
- discomfort during an electrotherapy session,
- increased hair growth on the face,
- fatigue and migraines after procedures,
- redness of the treated skin.
Apparatus and methods of exposure
Darsonval devices are different depending on their purpose. If we consider a device for use at home, then this is a compact pulse massager for the face and body, which has many different electrode attachments.
For the treatment of hair and facial skin, the following nozzles may be needed:
- cavity electrode for point exposure,
- point electrode (the contact area is 3 times less than that of the abdominal one),
- ball nozzle,
According to statistics, the most popular manufacturers of Darsonval devices are:
- SMP LLC, Russia (model Karat DE-212),
- Gezanne, France (models Gezatone BT101, BT118, BT201S),
- Euromedservice, Russia (model Ultratek SD199).
In online stores, prices for the listed models range from 1940 to 4200 rubles. Considering that one salon darsonvalization procedure can cost a third or half the cost of a compact device, then it makes sense to buy such a device for use at home. Moreover, for a sustainable positive effect from the treatment with Darsonval, it is recommended to repeat the courses after a few months.
The use of “home” devices Darsonval is quite simple. All the nuances and possibilities are set out in the instructions for a specific device. The essence of the device is simple: you need to install the desired nozzle on the device, turn on the device in the network and adjust the power to act on the problem area with the nozzle. There are two ways to do this:
- Contact. The nozzle is in contact with the skin. The impact of currents has an effect in the surface layers of tissues. You will feel warm during the procedure.
- Contactless. The electrode is located at a distance from the problem area. With this procedure, a spark is formed between the electrode and the skin and the currents are able to penetrate more deeply. Light tingling sensations are felt.
Methods of application in cosmetology
To achieve the desired effect from the use of the Darsonval apparatus, it is necessary to conduct a full course of therapy. As a rule, courses consist of 10-15-20 procedures. After the first few sessions, there is a visible effect from the use of such electrotherapy. However, it will be a mistake if you stop the sessions without completing the course of treatment to the end.
Darsonvalization of hair
Important! It is possible to influence currents only on dry hair, it does not matter if they are clean or not.
To strengthen and stimulate hair growth you need:
- remove all hairpins, earrings, loosen and comb your hair,
- take a comfortable position, since the exposure time is about 10 minutes,
- during the procedure, movements should be from the forehead to the back of the head (on short hair, the direction is not important),
- in the first days of the course of treatment, it is recommended to set a small power of exposure, gradually increasing it every day,
- for greater effectiveness of treatment, it is recommended to use therapeutic oils and balms for the scalp after darsonvalization.
Course of treatment: 10-15 procedures every day for 2 weeks or 15 procedures every other day for 2 months.
Darsonval for facial skin
To carry out darsonvalization of the skin of the face, it is necessary:
- Prepare the skin. To do this, all cosmetics are removed and the face is cleansed with an alcohol-free tonic. With the contact technique, darsonvalization of dry facial skin can be carried out after applying a special cream. If the skin is oily, then the use of talc is possible. However, some experts argue that applying talc clogs pores and can only aggravate the skin condition.
- Darsonvalization. Both contact and remote (non-contact) methods can be used. The first method is used to restore the elasticity of aging skin. The second has a cauterizing and antibacterial effect and is used to treat specific visible skin imperfections: acne, pimples, wrinkles, scars. The latter are processed for a longer time. The movement of the nozzle on the face occurs from the central vertical to the ear. The duration of exposure is 5-10 minutes.
- Completion. After the session, moisturizing and nourishing creams are applied to the skin of the face to soften and soothe the skin, as well as to maintain the effect of the procedures for a longer time.
Full course of treatment: 10-20 procedures.
Getting rid of pimples and acne
For the treatment of inflammatory elements on the face, you can:
- Carry out a procedure that gives a general antibacterial effect. To do this, use a mushroom nozzle and treat the affected skin with it remotely for 3-5 minutes.
- Treat each inflamed element. This will require…