Tampons are very convenient to use and allow a woman to lead an active lifestyle on critical days. But how safe is it for virgins to use tampons?
What tampons can girls use?
The modern market for feminine hygiene products offers a wide range of tampons of different brands. The main properties of tampons do not differ from each other, regardless of the manufacturer. All of them serve the same purpose – to protect a woman from menstrual flow.
Some manufacturers offer a special series of tampons – for teenagers. These tampons are designed for use by virgins and fully meet the requirements of their young body. But ordinary tampons for virgins are quite suitable, since the main selection criterion is, after all, their absorbency, which can be determined by the droplets drawn on the package – the more droplets, the higher the absorbency. It is better for girls to use tampons with low absorbency – no more than two drops. Not all adult women can afford it, and a girl with an unstable menstrual cycle and with an indistinctly defined abundance of menstruation, even more so.
Can you lose your virginity with a tampon?
Tampons are a means of hygienic protection for women during menstruation. Tampons are 100% made from natural raw materials – cotton – it is sewn, twisted and pressed, forming a physiological shape.
A tampon is inserted directly into the vagina, where it absorbs menstrual flow into itself, preventing them from being released to the outside. It is this fact that makes tampons so attractive to dynamic women. And it is this fact that causes the most concern among girls: will the tampon damage the hymen?
The hymen is an elastic film that separates the internal genital organs from the external ones, with a hole in the center through which blood and other vaginal secretions exit. The size of the hole reaches 2.5 cm, and the elasticity of the hymen increases during menstruation. The size of the tampon does not exceed 1.5 cm in diameter, the surface is smooth, silky, so that its introduction for the hymen is absolutely safe.
How to properly insert a tampon for a virgin?
Each package of tampons contains instructions for use. Before using tampons, the girl needs to carefully study it. The basic rules of use are as follows:
- before inserting a tampon, hands and genitals must be thoroughly washed;
- it is better to insert a tampon in a squatting position or on the toilet, legs wide apart, or standing slightly crouching, or placing your foot on some kind of elevation;
- release the tampon from individual packaging, take it with the thumb and middle fingers and the rounded side up, insert it into the vaginal opening, helping with the index finger;
- since the vagina is located, in relation to the lower back, at an angle, then the tampon should be inserted at a slight angle;
- the correct position of the tampon inside the body of a girl (virgin) is in the second third of the vagina. It is here that there are the fewest nerve receptors, so the girl does not feel the tampon in this place;
- if the tampon causes feelings of discomfort, pain, inconvenience, then it is inserted incorrectly. It is necessary to pull it out and repeat the whole procedure with a new tampon.
Very easy to use tampons with an applicator. The applicator is a kind of case consisting of two plastic or cardboard tubes. The outer tube contains a swab. Inserting a tampon with an applicator is not much different from inserting a regular tampon.
It is necessary to take the applicator by the corrugated surface of the outer tube, insert it into the vagina until the fingers holding the applicator touch the body. Then press the inner tube with your free finger – it will push the applicator out of the vagina, leaving the tampon there. Discard the applicator, wash your hands.
If you can’t insert a tampon in any way, it’s better to consult a gynecologist, perhaps in your case the use of tampons is impossible due to physiological characteristics.
Important little things that a virgin should not forget!
Despite the simplicity and ease of use of tampons, you must remember and always follow important rules:
- do not use tampons with an absorbency higher than necessary;
- change tampons at least every 4-6 hours;
- it is better to use tampons for those 2-3 days when menstruation is most abundant, the remaining days it is better to use pads;
- you should not use tampons at night – no matter how safe they are, they still leave micro-scratches on the surface of the vagina, and sleep is the best way to heal them;
- tampons can only be used during menstruation, they cannot be used for any other discharge;
- it is impossible to use tampons in the presence of gynecological diseases and during their treatment;
- when using tampons, there is a possibility of manifestation of toxic shock syndrome, which is characterized by dizziness, nausea, vomiting, loss of consciousness. If the above symptoms appear, the use of tampons should be abandoned.