Carving is a completely new and safe option for long-term perm, which looks beautiful not only on long and thick, but also on short hair, which is proved by photos with examples before and after this styling procedure. Therefore, if for some reason you do not have the opportunity to spend a fabulous amount of time on styling and at the same time have a desire to have well-groomed hair, we suggest that you take a closer look at the carving procedure, which we will tell you in detail later in the article.
Carving is considered a kind of perm produced by strand-safe styling chemicals that not only do no harm, but also have a healing property, which ultimately gives beautiful shiny curls.
The peculiarity of this type of long-term styling on haircuts with short strands is the use of standard curlers. Given the desired size and shape of the future curl, they can be:
- Spirals. The strands after the procedure take the form of small curls, due to which the basal volume of the entire haircut is significantly increased.
- Large. They are designed to create volume at the roots, large “Hollywood” curls or to give the hair a slight careless waviness.
- Boomerangs. Thanks to such curlers, several forms of curls of different levels of curl can be achieved in one styling at once.
[stextbox id=’info’]Important! The result of the procedure lasts an average of about 7-8 weeks. However, this period can vary significantly depending on the structure of the hair and its condition.[/stextbox]
Interesting: Creative haircuts for short hair: photos and trends of 2019
Advantages and disadvantages of this type of curl
Like other types of hairdressing procedures, carving carried out on short strands has its positive and negative sides. The advantages of this installation method include the following:
- On short strands, the final result is much more effective and lasts much longer.
- On average, this procedure takes no more than 1-1.5 hours.
- Does not require any additional styling manipulations. You just need to shake your hair and slightly tweak the curls with your hands.
- At the end of the effect, the hair is restored and takes its natural shape without the use of additional funds.
However, when deciding to carry out the carving procedure on short hair, one should take into account the unpleasant moments that may arise. These include:
- The desired effect certainly will not work on hair that is less than 20 centimeters long. Indeed, in addition to the fact that such strands simply do not wrap around curlers, it is worth noting that after the procedure they will also jump by 1-2 centimeters. Therefore, instead of a beautiful styling, you get something awkward.
- Despite the fact that carving is considered a popular styling method for short hair, there are still negative reviews, as well as photo confirmation that the strands after it look a little worse than before it.
[stextbox id=’info’]Important! Hairdressers recommend taking a break between carving procedures for at least 3 months in order to allow the hair to recover.[/stextbox]
- Due to the use of expensive products of natural origin during carving, the cost of such styling is also quite high, respectively.
[stextbox id=’info’]Important! The most advantageous and spectacular carving looks on such forms of haircuts as square, bob and cascade. In other cases, you need to first consult with a hairdresser in order to choose exactly the type of curls that will fit directly under the haircut.[/stextbox]
Interesting: Fashionable women’s styling for medium length hair: main trends
How is the carving procedure
Such a perm can be done both at home on your own, and in salon conditions. However, looking at the photos before and after the procedure, you can see that the salon effect looks much more beautiful, more natural and neater. To achieve it, the hairdresser performs the following manipulations:
- In-line application of a special fixing agent.
- Winding small strands on curlers.
- Drying with a hair dryer.
- Washing the fixing composition with the use of professional care products.
Types of carving on short strands
Depending on the chemical composition used, the size and shape of the curlers, this curling method can be divided into the following types:
- Classic variant. It is considered the most popular, both among adult women and very young personalities. Its essence lies in the fact that several types of curlers are used simultaneously, which are distributed on the basis of zoning schemes. Such carving is easy, as it produces airy curls that are as close to natural as possible.
- Vertical. It is the least in demand, since in this case spirals are used and on too short haircuts, instead of fashionable curls, a “dandelion” effect is obtained.
- Local. On hair with short strands, this type of carving is carried out using large diameter curlers, which are superimposed on the root zone to obtain additional volume. The main advantage is that only part of the hair is exposed to styling products.
But what to do with bangs?
Bangs in 2019 are the main fashion component of a haircut, especially a short one, with which you can visually hide possible facial flaws. Therefore, when thinking about such a curling method as carving, it is very important to first think about how this haircut element should look like in the end.
Interesting: Chemistry for short hair: photos before and after the procedure
For owners of short hair, the masters recommend not to carry out the carving procedure on a straight bang with an even cut. As for the elongated and asymmetrical shapes of the bangs, in this case they are an integral element of the whole image, so they must be curled.
Carving is a breakthrough in the field of hairdressing, making life easier for the beautiful half of society, as it allows you to look spectacular and well-groomed without wasting time on styling. We hope that we were able to help you deal with this issue, and the selection of photos given in our article will inspire you to change boring straight strands in favor of voluminous and playful curls.