Every day we eat food, we rarely think about the composition of products. But after atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease and other vascular diseases have been diagnosed, they begin to treat food more scrupulously, choosing a menu with reduced “bad” cholesterol. Do not wait for health problems to appear – prevention is better than cure. Therefore, by using the right foods, we prolong our years of life, full of strength, beauty and clarity of mind.
“Good” and “bad” cholesterol
Cholesterol is a fat-like substance that is a building block for the body. It is needed for the formation of cells, the production of vitamin D, sex hormones, both women and men, adrenal hormones. This cholesterol is called “good”.
If the cholesterol levels in the body are above the norm, then it settles on the walls of blood vessels, forming “plaques”. This leads to narrowing of blood flow, blockage of blood vessels, heart attacks, strokes and many heart diseases. Detachment of the “cholesterol plaque” causes thrombosis.
This “bad” cholesterol enters the body through food, usually of animal origin. For example, fatty meat, sour cream, butter, margarine and other products. Correction of nutrition prevents negative processes and helps to cleanse the body.
The essence of healthy nutrition
If appropriate laboratory tests have shown that cholesterol levels are high (over 6.2 mmol / l), then doctors recommend using a nutritional technique that will reduce the indicators of a harmful substance by 10-15%. This is called a cholesterol diet, developed on the basis of treatment table No. 10.
The duration of the diet is from one week to a month. In the process of a healthy diet, the internal organs begin to work better, well-being improves. Cholesterol levels will gradually decrease.
The principles of the cholesterol diet are quite simple. It is necessary to abandon unhealthy fats and replace them with healthy ones, such as flaxseed, sunflower, corn and olive oils. It is these products that contain a lot of mono- and polyunsaturated acids that have a beneficial effect on the body. Meat choose lean, as well as low-fat dairy products.
The cholesterol diet also includes the rejection of bad habits – smoking and alcohol abuse, because these actions lead to the formation of excess cholesterol. Sport and a proper lifestyle have always contributed to better health.
This diet is considered liberal, because you can make your own diet, including recommended foods, such as avocados, nuts, vegetable unrefined oil, which are easily digestible and do not affect cholesterol levels.
Include in your daily menu:
- low-fat dairy products;
- egg white;
- cereals (except semolina) and whole grains;
- lean meat, fish and poultry.
It is important to eat fruits and vegetables, because they are a source of vitamins and minerals. Strawberries, tomatoes, currants, cabbage enrich the body with vitamins C and E, which directly affect the health of blood vessels, removing “bad” cholesterol.
- canned food;
- semi-finished products;
- fried food;
- condensed and whole milk;
- cottage cheese and cheese with a high level of fat content;
- lard and fatty meats;
- candies and sweets.
We offer you a list of variations of the morning meal, lunch and dinner. Choose a new dish daily.
- a slice of dried bread, milk, a teaspoon of honey;
- boiled mushrooms, a slice of fried bread and a slice of fat-free cheese, fresh juice;
- dried bread and boiled beans;
- oatmeal steamed in water and baked apples.
- 2 slices of bread, a salad of various vegetables seasoned with olive oil, boiled chicken and tangerine;
- low-fat soup, two slices of bread, green salad and a slice of low-fat cheese;
- vegetable salad, boiled rice and chicken, low-fat yogurt;
- boiled potatoes and beans, vegetable salad and one medium pear;
- durum pasta with tomato sauce, boiled egg and a piece of bread;
- boiled or baked fish, two slices of bread, vegetable salad and plum;
- salad of greens and vegetables, boiled meat, a slice of melon, a couple of grapes and a small portion of vanilla ice cream.
- some boiled potatoes and chicken meat (turkey), green salad and a piece of melon;
- oatmeal boiled in water, baked apples and boiled beans;
- fat-free yogurt, lean soup, salad of various vegetables and toasted bread;
- boiled potatoes, baked fish and vegetable salad;
- grilled turkey steak, boiled brown rice, vegetable salad, a little pear or apple.
Before starting a cholesterol diet, it is recommended to get the approval of your doctor.
Cholesterol Fighting Foods
There are products that quickly and effectively lower cholesterol. These include:
- cherries, both fresh and boiled. You can eat quite a lot of it;
- Walnut. This product contains monounsaturated fats that fight “bad” cholesterol;
- beans, which are fiber. It perfectly removes harmful substances from the body. Eating 300 g of beans in three weeks will lower your cholesterol by 20%.
Do not abuse eggs – 3-4 pieces per week is enough. It is better to eat only protein. The yolk is less common.
For the work of the heart and brain, it is important to include marine fish rich in omega-3 and omega-6 acids in the diet.
Pay attention to the way you prepare food. Avoid fried foods. Give preference to stewing, steaming, in the oven, for example, in foil or a sleeve. There are many interesting recipes for healthy and tasty food.
- Vegetable Salad. Finely chop the white cabbage and carrots. Add chopped greens – onion, dill or parsley. In cucumber season, cut it into a salad. To increase the satiety of the dish, add pieces of egg white. Season the ingredients with olive oil and mix.
- Vegetable soup with barley. Prepare a vegetable broth into which you pour the cereal. Simmer until done – about 40 minutes. Chop carrots, onions, potatoes and bell peppers into soup. After cooking vegetables, add chopped greens and a spoonful of vegetable oil.
- Fruit salad. You will need a banana, kiwi, orange and apple, which must be chopped and seasoned with natural yogurt or low-fat sour cream. You can learn how to make yogurt yourself by buying milk and sourdough on your own. To do this, use a yogurt maker or a thermos. So you get a homemade product without preservatives and additives. Choose skim milk so that you don’t…