The favorite material of sculptors is clay – a magical product bestowed by nature itself, has long been known to mankind. Its properties, medicinal composition and varieties are used for various purposes. This miracle material is indispensable in the art of cosmetic care.
Variety of useful clay
Depending on the origin, the clay has a different color. This is due to the presence of impurities in its composition, and the medicinal properties of clay are determined by the composition. When we use clay, it is very important to know the technology and its origin. Different field – different purpose. The deeper the clay lies, the purer its composition. The light color of the product speaks of its deep origin. The main property of any clay is a wide range of healing minerals. Each variety differs in the complex of microelements and additional substances.
This product has only advantages:
- low cost compared to ready-made cosmetic skin care products;
- living natural material that can be stored for a long time without preservatives;
- does not contain harmful components, has no contraindications;
- universal medical and cosmetic product.
To date, some varieties of clay in dry and liquid form are the most popular and in demand.
White Anapa clay.
Anapa clay belongs to the type of marine, hydrothermal, in which there is a high degree of mineralization and kaolin, due to which it is most often used in cosmetology and in the treatment of skin diseases: acne, psoriasis, excessively oily skin. As components useful to the body in its composition, one can note: silicon, potassium, calcium, magnesium and selenium. White clay is an excellent material for making various masks and scrubs for any skin type.
Regular washing with clay allows you to:
- Cleanse the skin of the face and improve the flow of oxygen;
- Saturate the skin with beneficial minerals and trace elements;
- Whiten the skin and give it elasticity;
- Prevent fine wrinkles;
- Eliminate puffiness
Ghassoul is a red Moroccan clay.
Ghassul is a clay of lacustrine origin (limnic), which occurs in small layers in the valley of the Moroccan mountains, not far from the city of Fes. Clay from the Gassul deposit is of ancient origin and is highly purified according to European quality standards, after which it is used in cosmetology. The red clay rocks contain a lot of iron, silicon and magnesium. Indications for use for especially sensitive skin prone to dryness and allergies is the main feature of red clay.
- The foamy structure of the clay perfectly removes impurities and soothes the skin;
- Narrows enlarged pores and refreshes the complexion;
- Prevents expansion of capillaries;
- Heals inflammation and redness of the face, smoothes scars;
- Has a lifting effect
Valdai blue clay.
Blue and green clays are lacustrine and oily. Mined in the protected area of the Valdai Upland, they are of glacial origin and lie very deep. The ecologically attractive Russian region is widely known for the healing properties of water and the natural monument on the river. The place where deposits of energetically active clay come to the surface. Blue clay is of high quality and an excellent antiseptic due to the content of silver ions in it. Most often used in medicine. In addition to the general healing effect, blue and green clays act on emotional structures and are able to change the biochemical processes in the body at the cellular level. When washing with Valdai clay:
- Strengthens skin immunity;
- Poisons and toxins are removed, weakened cells are restored;
- Negative energy is absorbed;
- Due to the content of biologically active substances, the skin is saturated with energy, becomes elastic and uniform;
- Skin rejuvenation processes are noticeable;
- Removed inflammatory processes.
Black clay from the Dead Sea.
Clay of volcanic origin contains fine rock particles and mineral components that can exfoliate skin particles, draw impurities from the skin and absorb sebum. Black clay is mainly used for deep cleansing of the skin as a peeling. Another feature of the use of Dead Sea clay is mud wraps, thalassotherapy to relieve stress and treat atopic dermatitis or other skin pathologies. As a product of the most saline reservoir, therapeutic clay is unique in its composition. First of all, these are mineral salts and peloid mud containing a large amount of iodine, bromine and hormone-like substances. In addition to the usual elements, there is a lot of sulfur in black clay, which is indispensable for hair, skin and nail plates and for the formation of vitamin B in the body. The result of using it when washing will be:
- Reduction of muscle tension and normalization of blood circulation;
- Deep cleansing of the skin of the face;
- Restoration of skin functions;
- Nutrition and saturation of the epidermis with valuable trace elements and minerals.
Recommendations for the use of clay for washing
- When preparing masks or solutions for washing, do not use metal objects;
- The classic method of preparation: dilute the dry clay mixture with ordinary water in a ratio of 1: 1 (tbsp. Spoon) and bring to the state of sour cream. In this form, apply to the face and neck, leaving for a few minutes. As soon as the drying of the paste is felt, it is necessary to wash it off with warm water with light massage movements, without stretching the skin. Thus, the effect of light scrubbing and cleansing of the skin of the face will be obtained.
- At the same time, the remains of the composition can be washed by hands instead of soap. Clay does not contain alkali, and minerals have a positive effect on the skin of the hands.
- Additional components are added to the washing solution, taking into account the individual characteristics of the skin. Such mixtures can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and used for daily washing.
- After applying any composition with clay, a moisturizing or nourishing cream should be applied.
- Before washing with black clay, it is recommended to remove makeup with special products.
- The frequency of washing varies from a preventive 7-day course with a short break to daily for a month to get rid of severe problems on the face or for medicinal purposes. Washing is best done in the morning.
Recipes for the preparation of an individual mixture
- Mix white clay with water until creamy, add plantain juice, washed and filtered through cheesecloth. It will take 2 tbsp. spoons of dry clay, 2 tbsp. tablespoons of water and half a glass of juice. The solution is suitable for all skin types.
- Prepare a mixture of red clay with the addition of …