Dr. Kovalkov’s weight loss technique is based on a nutrition system that can be followed comfortably and safely for health throughout life. A well-known nutritionist developed a style of eating for himself, thanks to which he himself lost 55 kg and is no longer gaining weight. Lifelong diet involves the use of low-calorie foods. The author assures: those who lose weight according to the method do not feel hunger.
Principles of the methodology
Weight loss is based on the principles of Dr. Kovalkov’s diet:
- Positive motivation.
- Physical activity.
- Vitamin and mineral nutrition for the period of weight loss.
- Refusal of fatty and carbohydrate foods.
Following a diet involves a preliminary consultation with a doctor, especially in the presence of chronic diseases and exceeding the weight limit by 30 kg.
Stages of the methodology
Weight loss takes place in 4 stages. The first one is the most strict.
Preparation lasts from 2 weeks to 20 days. At the initial stage, they set the task to wean themselves from insulin products. Forbidden:
- white rice, corn;
- White bread;
- smoked meats;
- semi-finished products, snacks;
- sweet soda;
- fast food.
Separate nutrition also plays an important role in the preparation phase. Side dishes should be consumed separately from meat or fish. The diet should consist of legumes, grains, fruits, vegetables, accompanied by plenty of fluids. The meal plan for 3 weeks looks like this:
- Drink a glass of water in the morning before breakfast.
- For breakfast, it is advisable to use a glass of fermented milk product with a fat content of no more than 3.5% (kefir, matsoni, fermented baked milk, yogurt). The product is complemented by a handful of bran, which fits in the palms and a handful of pine nuts (almonds, walnuts) the size of a fist.
- Lunch is the same bran (the author recommends drinking bran with any liquid, except sweet).
- During the day, 4 apples are eaten. Vegetables are not limited.
- For dinner, a vegetable salad is used, seasoned with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. The dinner is completed with cottage cheese – 2 tbsp. spoons.
- At night – 2 egg whites.
Coffee, tea, even with the addition of milk are not contraindicated. Drinks should not contain only refined sugar. The tasks of the first stage are to prepare the body for the absorption of protein, cleanse the intestines, and normalize carbohydrate metabolism.
Stage “Start” lasts 10-14 days. It differs from the first one in that the diet is replenished with protein: daily fish, cottage cheese, meat, seafood. It can be soy products, mushrooms. The diet should contain fermented milk products, egg white, bran, vegetable oil, vegetables, nuts. The minimum amount of acceptable protein per day is 40 g. From fruits, special attention is paid to grapefruits and apples. Bananas, grapes, plums should not be consumed. Rye bread is allowed.
Approximate meal plan of the second stage:
- For breakfast – a glass of any fermented milk product, a handful of bran, a handful of nuts.
- Lunch is protein food – 70 g of allowed foods.
- Dinner – vegetable salad or stewed vegetables with a spoonful of olive oil, cottage cheese – 2 tbsp. spoons.
- During the day – fruits, except for prohibited ones, vegetables are not limited.
- Before going to bed – 2 egg whites.
The second stage lasts until about 7% of excess body weight remains. The maximum amount of fat per day is 40 g.
The period is characterized by an extended list of products and physical activity. Simple walking and walks are her best option. Slow, effortless exercises will benefit those who are not in the best physical shape.
habituation and fixation
The third stage is the final one. Duration is from one year to one and a half years. The diet here is varied with the inclusion of chicken meat, fish, seafood, cottage cheese. The author recommends:
- eat at least 5 times a day;
- replace sweets with dried fruits;
- drink plenty of water (required 1 glass of water on an empty stomach – this reduces body fat).
In nutrition, it is necessary to adhere to the correct use of products: protein foods should prevail, and 2 boiled egg whites before bedtime are an unshakable rule. The norm of carbohydrates is up to 40 g per day and walking continues to play an important role. Sufficient load – 10,000 steps per day on a pedometer. There are no other restrictions.
How to stop craving sweets
A huge number of diseases, including diabetes, are associated with sugar. The author compares sugar in the book “Lose Weight Wisely” with a drug. Sugar includes not only a pure product in the form of cubes or sand, but products containing it. Sugar addiction can be cured by adding chromium. It is obtained along with a drug containing chromium. Mineral rich foods included in the diet: sea and river fish, pearl barley, radish, beef and poultry liver. The nutritionist advises treating honey as a medicine, not a food product, setting the dosage within a teaspoon.
Basic rules of the Kovalkov diet
Life in a new body according to the method of Dr. Kovalkov provides conscious rules for a person who has recognized the main mechanisms of weight loss, can make a varied and healthy diet:
- You need to eat when you want. If you don’t want to have breakfast in the morning, then you need to wait until the moment when you want to have breakfast.
- For the period of weight loss, beer and strong alcohol are excluded. Only 250 ml of table red wine is allowed, and then for dinner; drink enough water for everyone.
- Of fruits, it is better to lean on apples, but in the morning. This will cleanse the intestines.
- When weight loss is stuck, which often occurs in the second stage, it is recommended to dramatically increase the amount of food for one day. The quality of food remains the same: low-fat foods, high in fiber and protein.
- At the fixing stage, all changes in the diet regarding forgotten foods and the number of servings should be introduced gently. But the rule of daily restriction of simple carbohydrates is strictly observed – up to 40 g.
- The forbidden foods during the diet include 4 of them: sugar, white flour and flour products, potatoes, polished rice.
- It is recommended to eat in small portions in order to reduce the stomach and no longer experience a deceptive feeling of hunger.
- It is necessary to adhere to the correct combination of products. The mistake is to combine carbohydrates and fats in one meal. The body perceives carbohydrates as insulin, accumulating in the subcutaneous fat.
- We must forget the rule to drink 2 liters of water daily. The main thing in the diet is not the quantity, but the uniform intake of water. The doctor advises holding a brightly marked bottle of water in front of you so that when you look at it, take a sip.
- To achieve the desired result…