Well-groomed means beautiful, hands always attract the eyes of others and speak of your aesthetic taste. But even the most trendy nail design will not look elegant if the skin of your hands is dry, flaky, and the cuticle has grown and hardened. And in order to give impeccability to your hands and completeness to your image, you need to monitor the condition of your nails and skin of your hands! But not every woman can boast of healthy and beautiful nails. For many, they are brittle and exfoliating. In this case, professionals come to the rescue by recommending a gel manicure. But what is it?
Unlike the traditional one, gel manicure does not end with applying varnish, but the nail is covered with a special tool – biogel. Gel manicure is an opportunity to have flawless nails for those who naturally have fragile and exfoliating nails.
Biogel – an alternative to gel and acrylic
Gel manicure is an alternative for those who are already tired of “wearing” extended nails, as biogel makes it possible to grow their own nails to the desired length. Due to its special silicone structure and the absence of aggressive chemical components, biogel is also called silicone or ecogel. This is an absolutely harmless remedy for natural nails, due to its mild composition. To use the biogel, no special preparation of the nail is required – no grinding of the nail plate and its treatment with special acids is required.
Why should biogel say yes?
The gel has no contraindications for use. Its main components are the resin of the South American tix tree, combined with organic proteins, as well as vitamins A and E. The gel does not mask the shortcomings of the natural nail, but contributes to their complete restoration, correcting, strengthening, nourishing and leveling its surface. Under the gel coating, your nails look natural.
Biogel nail strengthening makes it possible to grow natural nails of the desired length. The gel-coated natural nail is protected from adverse external influences. Biogel allows the nail to “breathe”, which does not allow it to deform, exfoliate, break and turn yellow. The gel coating stops the growth of the cuticle, which facilitates hand care. Correction on overgrown nails is done once every two to three weeks.
Gel manicure at home
A flawless gel manicure, of course, can be done not only in a beauty salon, but also at home with all the necessary tools and experience. But still, for the first time, it is worth using the services of a professional – see what this process is like. If, nevertheless, you decide to master this technology at home, then you will need the following tools:
- Manicure set
- Files and nail files-buffs
- Biogel brush
- Ultraviolet lamp
- Finishing agent
- Sticky layer remover
- Degreaser – disinfectant
Strengthening step by step instructions
- We treat the nails with a degreaser – disinfectant, remove the pterygium around the cuticle, and move the cuticle itself to the base of the nail.
- Use a nail file to shape your nails to the desired shape.
- In order to remove the shine, lightly buff the surface of the nail plate with a buff. After removing all the dust, we again treat the nails with a degreaser – disinfectant.
- Now we apply an acid-free primer, which will provide better adhesion of the nail to the biogel. We are waiting for its complete absorption.
- After that, we cover the nails with a thin and even layer of transparent biogel using a brush.
- Dry the nails under an ultraviolet lamp for 3 minutes if only one layer is applied.
- If necessary, we apply from 2 to 5 layers, depending on the desired thickness. And again I send the nails under an ultraviolet lamp for 1-2 minutes, and dry the last layer for 3-5 minutes.
- The next stage ends with the coating of nails with a finishing agent, which polymerizes under an ultraviolet lamp for 1-2 minutes. And if you prefer to replace the finish with a clear varnish, then it will be enough just to dry it well.
- We complete the process of applying the biogel by removing the sticky layer with a degreaser-disinfector and applying cuticle oil.
Here, you see, the independent process of applying the biogel is not as complicated as it might seem at first glance. Now your hands are ready for nail design.
Filming at home
Biogel can be removed not only in the salon, but also at home. In this case, a special solution of the same brand as the gel itself is used. No saws or cutters are required in this process as this solution has softening properties. If you still decide and are ready for self-removal of the biogel, then we perform the following steps:
- We put a tissue disc soaked in a removing liquid on the nail
- Thoroughly wrap nails with foil caps and hold for 10 minutes.
- During this time, the biogel softens and is effortlessly removed with a pusher.
But a specialized biogel remover can be replaced with a nail polish remover with acetone, or with acetone itself. At the same time, do not forget that it adversely affects the skin of the hands and the nail itself, drying them out. So, we cut off the top layer of nails, put cotton pads moistened with acetone on them, hold for 15 minutes. If you decide to do without filing, keep the solution for 25 minutes. After that, a well-softened gel is removed with a pusher.