Every day, new healing and rejuvenation techniques come from oriental folk medicine. One of them is Gua Sha massage. This is an ancient type of Chinese massage that allows you to get rid of many ailments. In Chinese, “gua sha” means “scrape out all the bad.” Massage is performed with special tools – scrapers.
History of occurrence
Guasha originated 6 thousand years BC. e. from rural residents who lived at that time in China. This is evidenced by the plates and tools found during archaeological excavations, intended for medicinal purposes. For massage, ancient healers used plates made from animal horns, later from stone or baked clay. The plate could be of different shapes, the main thing is that it would be convenient for the doctor to hold it.
Guasha massage has a special place in modern Chinese medicine. If in ancient times the shape and size of the scraper did not matter much, now there are round, rounded, triangular, rectangular, plates with jagged edges, in the form of combs for head massage and many others. In China, Guasha is an integral part of a healthy lifestyle, preventing many diseases and increasing longevity.
Indications for implementation
Ordinary residents of rural areas of the East use this massage for almost any ailment, while healthy people use it as a prophylaxis against all diseases. Due to the ease of implementation, massage is used at home. Family members make it to each other: wife to husband, husband to wife, children and so on. Large massage parlors also offer Guasha massage services, they promise that massage with its help will cure almost all diseases. It is necessary to distinguish the real benefit from the course of advertising. It is impossible to cure oncological, mental, infectious and hundreds of other diseases. The main application of Guasha massage is the removal of toxins and toxins from the body accumulated from the environment.
The masters of the Pan Haming school claim that the scope of massage treatment is even more extensive:
- General improvement of the body: resistance to infections increases;
- The effect of rejuvenation, loss of excess weight, the figure is corrected, physical and psychological fatigue is removed, headache disappears, sleep and appetite improve;
- With osteochondrosis, blood and lymph flow improves, muscle spasm, swelling decrease, pain is relieved;
- With disorders of the small pelvis, inflammatory processes are removed, the functions of the small pelvis are normalized, and blood stasis in this area is removed.
Do not forget about contraindications. This:
- Problems of the musculoskeletal system;
- Trauma, post-traumatic disorders;
- Diseases of the nervous system;
- Cancer diseases;
- pregnancy, menstrual cycle;
- Infectious diseases;
- allergic reactions;
- Wounds on the surface of the skin.
For each specific case, there are contraindications.
In ancient China, cooking was given little time. Before the procedure, the doctor applied sunflower oil or animal fat. In the current massage parlors, preparation is carried out in three stages:
- The surface of the skin is heated with a towel soaked in hot water. This is done in order to better absorb oil, remove sebum, rather than from unheated skin.
- Skin disinfection is carried out with special alcohol, aqueous solutions, lotions, disinfectant oils from various kinds of infections during the session.
- Before the procedure itself, the master lubricates the skin with oil or ointment for better glide of the scraper. The oil has a very refined aroma, so the patient enjoys the entire massage session.
How are toxins removed?
One cycle of the procedure consists of ten sessions. After the first session, the human skin is covered with hemorrhages (bruises), which acquire a bright red or burgundy color. With each subsequent session, the hematomas turn pale. During the entire procedure, the client does not feel pain and discomfort, rather the opposite. After the session, a putrid smell emanates from the back. According to doctors, this is how poisonous substances accumulated in the human body come out. Then the client feels a slight tightening of the skin, the state of health improves.
There are four main types of Gua Sha massage: healing, cosmetic, preventive and diagnostic. In rural areas, they mainly use the healing method for all ailments. In China itself, it is used as a prevention of many diseases. For women who want to stay slim and beautiful, there is a cosmetic type of massage to prevent cellulite and wrinkles on the face.
There are three main methods of therapeutic massage, differing in technique and pressure force of the scraper:
- “Se-gua” – fast sliding of the scraper with strong pressure. Scattering of toxins over the surface of the skin.
- “Boo-gua” – a slow sliding scraper with a slight pressure. Method for removing toxins from the surface of the skin.
- “Pin-bu” or “pin-se” – slow sliding with strong pressure. Simultaneous dispersion of toxins and their removal.
The frequency of the procedure is no more than once a week, the course consists of ten sessions. The procedure for doing this:
- First, the level of toxins in the body is checked. Diagnosis is carried out by the “pin-bu” method – a slow movement with strong pressure. Using this method, the masseur diagnoses the level of toxins.
- The first session of back massage is carried out using the “se-gua” method – a violent movement of the scraper with strong pressure. Massaging the arms, legs, chest and abdomen takes place in a lighter manner (using the “ping-bu” method).
- The second session is carried out a week later with the “boo-gua” technique (slow movement of the scraper with a slight pressure). In Chinese folk medicine, this is explained by the fact that after the first session, the scattered toxins on the surface of the skin are removed thanks to the “bu-gua”.
- The third session is carried out with a slow movement with a strong pressing of the “pin-bu”. Remaining toxins are removed from the surface of the skin.
This is the final method of cleansing the body. With each subsequent session, the hematomas become lighter. Ten sessions must be completed in one course, but if the level of toxins in the diagnosis is low, four will be enough.
Consequences to be aware of
- The most necessary thing is to warn about the appearance of hemorrhages in places that have undergone massage.
- Tell the client about the period of intoxication. The patient may mistake these for flu or cold symptoms. Taking any medications for the duration of the sessions should be postponed.
- Sufficient fluid intake. Hot tea or water helps to quickly remove toxins from …