Oily hair is a real problem for many women. Such hair looks very untidy. Dust particles intensively adhere to greasy hair. No means allow to solve this problem quickly and effectively. Because there may be several reasons for this and the problem requires a systematic solution.
Causes of oily hair
It must be understood that the release of oil to lubricate the scalp is a natural process in the body, necessary to create a protective moisturizing layer that protects against dryness and itching.
Physiologically, the hair becomes oily because the sebaceous glands surrounding the hair follicle produce excessive secretions. There are two reasons why problems with oily hair begin.
The first reason is when the body’s process of controlling the work of the sebaceous glands is not working correctly. This may be due to:
- genetic predisposition;
- metabolic disorders;
- hormonal imbalance;
- wrong way of life;
- influence of ecology;
- improper nutrition.
The second reason is the harmful intense effect on the scalp, which causes irritation, drying out. Such influence is possible as a result of:
- frequent washing of the head, because of which the natural fat layer is washed off;
- the use of hair care products, which contain chemical components that irritate the scalp;
- artificial overdrying of the scalp due to frequent use of a hair dryer;
- hypothermia of the scalp due to the influence of cold air if you are without a hat.
Any of these causes disrupts the normal protective and moisturizing environment of the hairline.
To eliminate some causes, drastic measures are required. For example, moving to an ecologically clean area, leaving a very nervous job. But daily care, combined with some treatments and certain changes in lifestyle and eating habits, will also give a positive stable result.
Well-coordinated work of the body – normal hair
Of course, eliminating the first cause is not easy, and sometimes impossible. But you can improve the condition of the hair by following some rules.
First of all, a few lifestyle changes.
- Give up smoking and alcohol. This causes damage to the entire body and is reflected in the appearance of the hair.
- Get enough sleep, take a walk before going to bed. This normalizes the nervous system and helps to restore the humoral regulation of the body.
- Get out into nature. Changes in the environmental situation will positively affect the general condition of all body systems.
- Stick to a proper diet. This will improve the metabolism and activate the natural regenerative processes in the structure of the hairline.
The condition of the hair depends on the quality of the foods we eat. There is food that provokes increased secretion of fat on the hair. On the other hand, if the hair does not receive enough vitamins and microelements they need with food, then this also affects their appearance. Therefore, we consider the issue of changing eating habits in two directions.
What to exclude from the diet:
- fatty food;
- pickles, smoked meats;
- fried and spicy dishes;
What we add to food:
- cereals (buckwheat, oatmeal);
- vegetables: legumes, cauliflower, broccoli, greens;
- sunflower, pumpkin seeds;
- fruits: oranges, lemons, grapefruit, apricots;
- nuts, raisins;
- beef liver, lean meat;
- fish, seafood;
- vegetable fats.
You can take special dietary supplements or vitamin preparations that will make up for the lack of essential nutrients in the body. Particularly useful for hair restoration are trace elements such as sulfur, iron, as well as a group of vitamins B and vitamin C.
Often the hair grows dull and greasy, while following diets for weight loss. This is a huge stress for the body, metabolic disorders and lack of nutrients. With problematic hair, it is better to lose weight by adhering to a proper diet and active physical activity.
Proper care is the key to beautiful hair
To solve the second spectrum of causes is within the power of everyone. You need to know and follow some tips.
You don’t need to wash your hair very often. Daily hair washing gives absolutely the opposite result. The body feels a lack of fat to moisturize the scalp and begins to produce it in an even greater volume. If your hair gets oily very quickly and you have to wash it daily, then try to be patient at least on weekends.
Choose the right shampoo. It should be for oily hair and should not contain sulfates. It is better if most of its components are natural. Pay attention to the composition of the shampoo. For oily hair, it is good if there are such medicinal plants:
- Chinese lemongrass;
- field horsetail.
Shampoo should be free of dyes and fragrances. Having chosen shampoo and hair care products, you do not need to experiment further and look for something else. Stability is important for hair, it is not recommended to irritate once again.
You need to wash your hair properly. Soap twice. Leave on the hair for about 5 minutes to completely break down the fats on the hair. Rinse the shampoo completely and rinse well.
Half an hour before washing your hair, rub curdled milk or aloe juice into the hair roots.
After washing your hair, rinse your hair with an infusion or decoction of herbs:
- hop cones;
- burdock root.
If the hair is very oily, ammonia should be added to the rinse water (1 tsp per liter). Apple cider vinegar (1 tsp per half liter of water) or rosehip broth also helps well.
It is better to refuse balms and conditioners. For oily hair, make your own conditioner with yarrow extract. Chamomile balm also degreases well (strong chamomile infusion and vodka 1:1).
You can regulate the work of the sebaceous glands using decoctions containing tannins:
- oak bark;
- onion peels;
There are several therapeutic masks made from natural ingredients that can reduce oily hair.
- Soda mask: 1 tbsp. l. soda 300 ml of water. Make a paste and rub in. Wash off after 15 minutes.
- Egg white mask: Beat 1 egg white with the juice of half a lemon. Gently rub into the scalp and hold for twenty minutes. Rinse and shampoo your hair thoroughly.
- Mask of black bread: crumble bread and pour one liter of boiling water, leave for thirty minutes. Rub everything through a sieve and apply this mixture for half an hour. After rinsing hair under running water
And finally, very simple advice.
- No need…