Honey is a wonderful natural product produced by honey bees. This is an excellent environment in which vitamins C, B2, K, E, B6 are stored. It contains sugars (glucose and fructose), minerals, proteins, enzymes, hormones, trace elements and aromatic oils.
The use of honey in cosmetics has been known since ancient Egypt. Pyramids and obelisks of that era confirm that the Egyptians used honey not only for food, but also as a medicinal, cosmetic and preservative.
Honey masks help to smooth out fine wrinkles, help to make the skin more elastic and refresh the complexion. Recommended for aging and dry skin.
Masks must be prepared in porcelain or glass bowls. Before applying them to the face, it should be well cleaned. Masks are applied with a cotton swab, fingertips or a small brush, starting from the middle of the face to the ears. The neck is also covered with a mask to avoid differences in skin condition.
- Honey rowan: works great for aging skin. Grind a fresh yolk with a teaspoon of honey, then add a little rowan fruit and vegetable oil, about a tablespoon.
- Honey curd: cottage cheese (2 tablespoons) is mixed with a tablespoon of honey, then 1 tablespoon of milk is added. The mask wonderfully cleanses the skin and makes it velvety to the touch.
- Honey-herbal: pour a handful of linden flowers with half a glass of boiling water and cover the glass with a saucer. After 15 minutes, add a quarter teaspoon of honey to the infusion. This mask perfectly cleanses the skin, it becomes more tender and elastic, prevents peeling.
- Honey-glycerin: recommended for cleansing and refreshing dull, tired skin. We take flour, glycerin and honey (all 1 teaspoon each), dilute everything with 3 teaspoons of water and rub thoroughly.
- Honey-yolk-glycerin: in one egg yolk you need to add a teaspoon of glycerin and honey. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and keep on the face for about 2 hours, then rinse. The rest can be kept in the refrigerator for several days. This mask can be repeated a couple of times a week.
- Honey-protein: 1 teaspoon of honey is heated to a liquid consistency, then we combine it with a teaspoon of flour and ½ egg white, whipped into foam. The mixture is washed off with cool water. The honey-protein mask will help tone the skin, making it smoother, fresher, tighter and more natural, pleasant in color.
- Honey-yolk: This toning and softening mask is used for rough, dry, somewhat sagging skin, as well as flaky skin. It is useful for any type of skin. A mask is prepared from 1/3 of a beaten yolk, ½ a coffee spoon of honey and ½ a spoon of flour. The mask is washed off with warm water.
To achieve a good effect, honey masks should be applied regularly every week, keeping them on the face for 15-20 minutes. Remove better with milk, warm water or a swab dipped in vegetable oil.