Everyone who cares about their health and beauty knows the beneficial properties of such an exotic fruit as a banana. Calculating calories for the whole day, you should take into account the energy value of each individual product. Therefore, you need to know how many calories are in one banana in order to include it in your diet.
Weight and calorie content of bananas with and without peel
Nutritionists recommend refraining from consuming large amounts of bananas. The average weight of one fruit is about 200 grams, a quarter of which is the peel. You should take into account the calorie content of only the pulp. On average, 100 grams of a fresh fruit of this fruit without a peel contains about 90 kcal, but different varieties differ in their calorie content from each other.
Varieties and types, their energy value
The calorie content differs depending on the variety, the degree of maturity of the fruit and the form in which it is consumed.
- Unripe bananas contain less sugar than ripe ones, they also have a high content of indigestible starch, and they help to better absorb nutrients. They are often used to prepare various exotic dishes. The energy value is about 85 kcal per piece.
- Overripe banana fruits. They contain a much higher calorie content than fruits that have not yet ripened. Ripe fruits are easily absorbed by the body and quickly digested, which favorably affects digestion. Energy value is about 110 kcal per 100 grams of fruit.
- Dried bananas can serve as a wonderful alternative for those with a sweet tooth. It is worth remembering that 100 grams of the product contains about 350 kcal. During the drying process, they greatly decrease in size, but the beneficial properties do not disappear because of this.
- Banana juice, due to the high content of potassium, contributes to the normalization of the functioning of soft tissues and the removal of excess water from the body. There are 48 kcal in 100 grams of juice. Eat immediately after cooking, as later its beneficial properties will deteriorate.
- Mini bananas (babies), in addition to their small size, also have a richer and brighter taste, they are used not only raw, but also for preparing various fish, meat, and vegetable dishes. The energy value is approximately 80 kcal per 100 grams.
- Red bananas are one of the most delicious and healthy varieties. Their aroma has notes of strawberry and raspberry. The content of beta-carotene is much higher than in other varieties, which is very useful for strengthening immunity, improving vision and skin health. Given the high concentration of vitamin B6 and antioxidants, they improve blood composition. 100 grams of the fruit of this variety contains about 100 kcal.
- Green sycamores are slightly sour in taste and have minimal sugar content. Usually they are not eaten raw, but boiled or fried. Their calorie content is quite low and is about 60 kcal per whole fruit.
- Banana chips. You can buy ready-made packaged chips, or you can cook it yourself at home by cutting the fruit into circles and frying it in palm oil. This delicacy is not suitable for those who want to lose weight, because its energy value is too high and is about 500 Kcal. Moreover, almost all useful properties will disappear during frying. Due to the high content of carbohydrates, chips cannot be healthy for the figure.
Raw or dried fruits that are eaten are classified as dessert varieties, and those that are subject to heat treatment are called plane trees.
Benefits of using
An important advantage of this fruit is the absence of cholesterol, high content of vitamin B6 and vitamin C, glucose, fiber, fructose and many other trace elements that are beneficial to the body. Potassium, which is found in bananas, not only has a beneficial effect on strengthening the muscles of the heart, but also lowers blood pressure, helps to remove excess fluid from the body. They contribute to the natural cleansing of the body, remove toxins, help get rid of edema and inflammation of the intestines, quickly and permanently satisfy the feeling of hunger, improve the functioning of the nervous system.
Eating bananas is recommended even for colitis, liver and kidney diseases. But keep in mind that this fruit is high in sugar.
How to include bananas in the diet menu
The particular advantage of this fruit in losing weight is to ensure a constant level of sugar in the blood, as well as in the fact that it suppresses uncontrolled appetite, usually jammed with sweets. In order not to deny yourself your favorite treat, you need to calculate the calorie content of all products in your menu and combine them correctly. Nutritionists recommend eating bananas in the morning, and best of all for breakfast. They are included not only in dietary, but also in clinical nutrition. Given the calorie content, a maximum of three fruits can be included in the daily diet.
One of the easiest ways to prepare a delicious and nutritious breakfast is as follows: cut bananas into small circles or cubes and mix with milk or low-fat kefir.
You can also make a smoothie for weight loss: cut fruit into cubes and beat with milk in a blender. Neither an adult nor a child will refuse such a delicacy.
Ordinary oatmeal can be mixed with chopped cubes of this exotic fruit and from a banal breakfast, porridge turns into a delicious treat. You can add a few pieces of raisins there.
Recommendations for use
There are many controversial opinions regarding this fruit, but there are general recommendations that must be followed. So, for example, ripe fruits with diabetes mellitus (they have an average glycemic index of approximately 50 units), a tendency to obesity, and increased acidity of gastric juice should not be introduced into the diet. You can not drink water, as well as eat before bedtime, due to the long digestion.
How to store
The fruits are harvested only in green form, and they ripen already at our place or on the shelves of supermarkets. At room temperature, purchased unripe fruits ripen in two to three days. Storage in the refrigerator is strictly contraindicated, because the peel will turn black. The optimum temperature for them is +13 – +15 degrees. Storage in plastic bags is also prohibited, as they retain moisture, the fruits can rot. You can freeze them only in a peeled form.
Bananas are suitable for feeding both young children and adults, with the rare exception of individual intolerance and allergic reactions. Be sure to include these tropical fruits in the diet of people who are engaged in hard physical labor and mental …