Problematic skin with a lot of inflammation requires constant careful care. And even getting rid of acne, the skin can remain in an unsightly condition. The reason for this is the so-called post-acne: red spots, and sometimes even scars, remaining in place of acne. Sometimes, the removal of traces is even longer and more difficult than acne treatment.
How to get rid of post-acne left after inflammation on the face and back? After all, it is on these parts of the body that hateful acne is concentrated, and besides, spots remain after them.
There is no significant difference in the treatment of acne marks on the back or on the face. You can get rid of post-acne either by contacting a beauty salon, or you can try to do it at home with affordable means.
Salon treatments to get rid of post-acne spots
Post-acne can manifest as skin pigmentation or scarring. Scars remain due to severe inflammation. Both blemishes and scars usually bother fans of squeezing and picking pimples. Moreover, if you can get rid of the spots yourself, then if you have scars, you need to contact a specialist.
What treatment methods are used in beauty salons? The most popular of them:
- Chemical or ultrasonic peeling. Quite effective methods of getting rid of the effects of acne. There is an unpleasant side of this procedure – thinning of the skin.
- Seaweed masks – the method is effective, but requires a long application.
- Microcurrent therapy. The microcurrents used in this procedure accelerate the renewal and regeneration of the skin, and also normalize the functioning of the sebaceous glands.
- Fraxel or fractional photothermolysis. A laser procedure that is gaining more and more popularity. Can be used on any part of the body.
- Cryotherapyin other words, cryomassage. Used to remove scars. Based on the effect of liquid nitrogen on the skin.
- laser resurfacing. The method is the most effective, but expensive in eliminating the effects of acne. The procedure is already considered a surgical operation and should be carried out only by qualified specialists.
- Mesotherapy. The essence of the procedure is injections, which include various substances and vitamins. For the treatment of post-acne, as a rule, compounds are used that include zinc in their composition.
After any salon procedure, careful skin care is required. Beauticians will tell you how to do it correctly. If your skin does not have deep scars, before going to the salon, try to eliminate post-acne at home.
Drugs in the treatment of post-acne
To cure traces of acne, products based on azelaic, glycolic and salicylic acids are used. Below is a short list of the most effective drugs in the fight against post-acne:
- Azelaic acid. The drug based on this acid is called Skinoren. This drug reduces the growth of bacteria, accelerates exfoliation and reduces inflammation of the skin. The first improvement in the condition of the skin is observed after four weeks. It rarely causes side effects, for which it has gained high popularity.
- Salicylic acid. It is a fairly popular remedy in the fight against acne and traces of it. Included in many cosmetic products recommended in the care of problem skin. Treat acne-prone areas twice a day with a cotton pad soaked in salicylic acid.
- Hydrogen peroxide. To get rid of post-acne, hydrogen peroxide is used in the form of a compress, for five minutes twice a day.
- Panthenol. Apply to damaged areas in a thin layer. It is better to take in the form of an ointment.
- Contractubex. Helps with post-acne, if the spots and scars are fresh, small. Not effective against old stains.
- Pharmacy ointments: synthomycin, ichthyol, zinc, salicylic. Apply topically for an hour, then rinse. The result of using these ointments is noticeable after a week.
Folk remedies for acne spots
Treatment of traces of acne folk methods also does not lose relevance. In addition, folk recipes for many are much more accessible than salon procedures. The most effective components of homemade post-acne masks are:
- Badyaga. A badyagi-based mask has a peeling effect, which is why it is considered the most effective of folk remedies. The mask recipe is as follows: 1 tbsp. l. badyagi (in powder form) mixed with 5 drops of hydrogen peroxide, boric acid or water. Apply the finished mass to areas with redness for 15 minutes, then rinse. The skin can react with redness and peeling, so it is advisable to apply such a mask on the face before going to bed.
- Based masks clay. The most effective in the fight against post-acne are green and blue clays. A mask based on such clays is made as follows: 1 tsp is taken. clay and rosemary oil 3-4 drops. Mix the components until smooth and apply on acne marks for 10 minutes. The following mask using white clay is also effective: 2 tsp. clay mix with lemon juice and add a little water. Apply the resulting mass to the affected skin and hold for 10-15 minutes. 2 tsp clay (any cosmetic) dissolve in 3 tsp. salt water (salt half a teaspoon). Keep the mask for 20 minutes, then rinse and apply a moisturizer. Clay-based masks are used in a course of 4 times every three days.
- Aroma oils. Tea tree oil is considered especially effective. One recipe based on this oil is to mix lavender oil or lemon juice with tea tree oil in a 1:1 ratio. Apply topically to affected areas.
- mask based paraffin. Melt medical paraffin in a water bath and apply pointwise to acne marks. Before the procedure, be sure to lubricate the face or back with a moisturizer. As soon as the paraffin has cooled, it can be removed.
- Egg white. An excellent whitening mask can be prepared based on the protein of one egg and lemon juice (2 tsp). Apply the mixture to the affected areas, wash off after 15 minutes.
- Funds based medicinal herbs. Well brightens redness and spots after acne tincture of St. John’s wort. It is prepared as follows: pour 2 tablespoons of St. John’s wort with a glass (200 ml) of alcohol and leave for 10 days. Wipe the back and face with the resulting tincture daily. Another popular folk remedy is a decoction of parsley. It is recommended to freeze it in cubes and rub twice a day on problem areas with acne marks.
- natural acids, contained in lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, have an excellent whitening effect. You can use them instead of a tonic, after diluting with water in a ratio of 1: 3.
The lactic acid contained in kefir also has the same effect.