A large number of women face the problem of the appearance of the vascular network on the legs. Many consider this to be just a matter of aesthetics, but with an inattentive attitude to this problem, complications are not ruled out. It should be noted right away that the venous pattern is not just a cosmetic defect, but a problem requiring treatment.
What is a venous network? The resulting defect in the form of vascular “asterisks” is nothing more than a violation of the venous valves. If you do not start to cope with the problem, there may be a “capture” of new skin areas, on which a venous pattern will form.
What is the cause of the venous network?
Consider the main causes of the venous network:
- Violation of the permeability of the walls of blood vessels, the fragility of capillaries.
- Hormonal disorders. Pregnancy, childbirth, taking or canceling oral contraceptives, thyroid dysfunction. In order to avoid possible consequences, prophylactic agents for varicose veins are prescribed at the beginning of pregnancy.
- Loads on the lower extremities (sedentary office work, work that requires standing for a long time, high heels loved by women). Especially often the habit of sitting cross-legged provokes the appearance of a vascular network.
- Sunburn abuse, bad habits. Smoking interferes with the normal absorption of vitamin C by the body, which leads to capillary fragility.
- Heredity. If a mother and grandmother have a similar problem, you should take a closer look at yourself and, in the event of a venous network, deal with the issue.
How to deal with the venous network on the legs
- Diet. It is recommended to exclude spicy foods from the diet and start eating as many vegetables and fruits as possible with a high content of vitamin C.
- Give up bad habits, especially smoking. Do not sunbathe without using high protection sunscreen.
- Physical exercises to strengthen the muscles of the legs. Walking up the stairs is very helpful. And to disperse blood through the vessels, and to tone the whole body. Unlearn to cross your legs during sedentary work.
- Train yourself to lift your legs up. In the truest sense of the word, but taller, sitting comfortably on the couch so that blood stagnation does not occur.
- No stress. This is a whole philosophy of worldview. At least one point should be remembered: in this world, in fact, there are not so many things that are worth it for a person to spend his nerve cells on them.
- Taking medications that contain rutin, vitamin C, horse chestnut extract and bioflavonoids.
- If there is excess weight, you need to get rid of it. So you can reduce the load not only on the lower limbs. But also for the whole body. Down with those extra pounds!
- Exclude any thermal procedures. Taking baths, as well as going to the bathhouse and sauna, will have to be postponed. Thermal procedures cause vein expansion, and this is useless with the problem of the venous network on the legs.
- Lymphatic drainage massage. There is an opinion that massage is contraindicated for people suffering from varicose veins and vascular networks on the legs. Lymphatic drainage massage is useful, first of all, to prevent stagnation of lymph in the lower extremities. For the implementation of massage procedures, it is better to find a competent specialist with experience in this field. During the massage, you can use essential oils, which are aimed at eliminating the problem of varicose veins. You can carry out the massage procedure yourself, but it will not be effective enough, as if the massage was performed by a specialist.
- Turpentine baths. An excellent and effective remedy that can be used at home. Turpentine baths cleanse the capillaries and contribute to their complete disappearance.
- Use of compression underwear. It is useful in that, tightly wrapping around the leg, it helps to normalize blood circulation in the veins.
Radical methods of struggle
Of course, there are also radical methods of getting rid of the vascular network. They are permissible in the case when the situation is too neglected and there are no other methods of dealing with the disease.
First of all, you need to consult a phlebologist who will assess the situation and prescribe the appropriate treatment, as well as tell you whether to resort to radical measures to eliminate the venous network.
Removal of dilated vessels with a laser
A phlebologist is usually engaged in helping to eliminate large, fairly visible flaws. For this, in modern medicine, the method of laser removal of dilated vessels is used.
The recovery process after such a procedure is individual, after which small scars and scars may remain. It should be taken into account that no one gives a guarantee that after a while next to the vein grid removed by the laser another one will not form. To avoid this, you need to support your body from the inside and take the necessary vitamin complexes that were described above.
The essence of this procedure is that a special solution is injected into the skin and after a few weeks the vessel is resorbed. After this procedure, it is recommended to wear compression underwear for some time.
How can a beautician help in removing varicose veins?
After visiting a phlebologist, the second moment comes – a visit to a beautician. The cosmetologist will help eliminate small defects that remain after the main treatment. One of the methods to eliminate small residual defects is the microthermocoagulation procedure. The essence of the procedure lies in the fact that the vessel is, as it were, brewed from the inside with the help of an electric current. Blood stops flowing into the vessel and it simply becomes invisible.
The key is prevention
Finally, I would like to note that the best treatment is prevention. Excluding bad habits from your life, taking the right vitamins and using simple physical exercises for 10 minutes a day, and your legs will gain health not only from the outside, but also from the inside.