Every girl dreams of having beautiful, fluffy, curled and long .. eyelashes! And most resort to the fact that they increase their eyelashes, thereby only worsening their situation. But you really want to have beautiful long cilia. What can help grow them?
On the upper eyelid we have about 150 eyelashes, on the lower eyelid – about 70. What is interesting is that eyelashes are referred to as hair! So you can understand that they need the same care as our hair – namely, masks, oils and compresses. But even this will not help to radically lengthen your eyelashes, the maximum length can change – by 35%, and this is with proper nutrition, massage and regular nourishing eyelash masks.
Pills and preparations for eyelash growth
The Internet is full of headlines about the miraculous power of tablets and capsules, and how they work wonderfully for eyelash growth. BUT it’s not. All of them are not effective. Such drugs as Careprost, Latisse, Almea Xlash do not bring benefits, but only undesirable side effects: reddening of the eye circumference, swelling of the eyelid, uncontrolled growth of eyelashes, allergic reaction, loss of eyelashes, veil on the eyes. Such eye products are strictly prohibited for pregnant women and allergy sufferers.
The best option that can help speed up the growth of eyelashes, there are various masks, oils and compresses.
The entire Internet is full of recipes for masks from different oils in order to make eyelashes longer and strengthen them. The most popular oils that are used to lengthen eyelashes are: castor, burdock, almond, peach, jojoba, olive, wheat germ oil.
Below, more about the action and benefits of each:
- Castor oil or “castor oil” – the most popular oil for lengthening hair and eyelashes. Traditionally, castor oil has been used as a laxative. But it is present in most ointments and balms, because it effectively strengthens hair, improves skin condition (nourishes, moisturizes, gives elasticity) and even smoothes wrinkles. Castor oil is made from the seeds of the castor bean plant. It is impossible to smear the face or hair with castor oil in its pure form – this can cause an allergic reaction, due to the content of ricinoleic acid in it. Therefore, it must be mixed with other useful components.
- Burr oil very popular among women and girls who want to improve the condition and complexion of their skin, make their hair thicker, more elastic and softer, and their eyelashes long and fluffy. This is a valuable natural product, which is accepted both in medicine and in cosmetology. Vitamins A, B, C and E, which the oil is rich in, provide the effectiveness of burdock oil and its beneficial properties, namely, blood circulation is significantly improved and metabolism in the body is normalized. Many women use the oil as an eyelash growth stimulant. After all, it strengthens the hair follicles for a long time, improves the growth of eyelashes, protects the skin of the eyelids from irritation and drying out. And when using the oil, no side effects were noticed.
- Almond oil – oil from the fruit of the almond tree. It is actively used in pharmaceuticals, medicine, cosmetology and perfumery. It effectively moisturizes the skin, protects it from dryness and redness, relieves skin irritation, helps to reduce circles under the eyes, smoothes mimic and age wrinkles, promotes hair and eyelash growth. The use of almond oil allows you to look luxurious and beautiful eyelashes. But, you need to remember that it can cause an allergic reaction.
- Peach oil – oil that is obtained from peach pits. It is rich in useful components and vitamins, such as vitamins P, A, E, C. The oil effectively moisturizes the skin, makes it softer, more elastic and rejuvenates it. It also helps with burns. Peach oil restores dry and aging skin of the eyelids. Also, the oil is very effective for enhancing the growth of eyelashes and increasing their number.
- Jojoba oil – This is an oil in the form of liquid wax, which is obtained from the fruits of the jojoba plant, it is actively used in the manufacture of cosmetics, in the pharmaceutical industry. Along with other oils, it is actively used to improve the condition of the skin, improves the growth of eyelashes and hair.
The most popular masks for enhancing eyelash growth
For the first mask you need good cognac, vaseline, burdock and castor oil. Each of the components must be taken in equal proportions and mixed well. All such masks that use oils should be applied to the eyelashes with an eyelash brush or an old mascara brush for a couple of hours every day. Since most oils do not dry out, but only are not completely absorbed, you need to remove the remnants of the mixture with a paper towel. Store the product in a cool place in a closed, preferably glass container. A full course of application of this oil will take about a month, then you can repeat it as needed.
For the second mask, you need to mix in equal parts – castor oil, almond oil, wheat germ oil and vitamins A and E, a few drops of each. Application rules are the same for all masks from these oils. It is advisable to apply masks in the morning to avoid puffiness, red eyelids, veils on the eyes that appear after using the mask at night.
In conclusion, we can summarize the information written above and highlight the main recommendations for proper eyelash care, which will help accelerate their growth:
- Remove makeup carefully and carefully;
- Use high-quality cosmetics;
- Eat proper food rich in vitamins and nutrients;
- Make masks made from different types of oils that effectively affect the growth and density of eyelashes;
- When choosing both cosmetics and oils, take into account the characteristics of your body, as improperly selected cosmetics and oils can cause an allergic reaction in the body.