One of the most popular dietary products is buckwheat. In addition, this cereal is also a very useful product, which is why many doctors widely recommend using it in the daily diet of both adults and children. The use of buckwheat will help not only to lose extra pounds, and quite successfully and in a short time, but also cleanse the intestines of toxins, improve the condition of the skin and only have a beneficial effect on health in general.
But, before you “fanatically pounce on eating buckwheat porridge with a huge spoon”, you should understand what place and what role this cereal plays in the process of losing weight.
The benefits of buckwheat as a cereal crop
First, it is low in calories. Buckwheat is a fairly low-calorie cereal. And this is despite the fact that its calorie content ranges from 300 kcal per base 100 grams of cereal. Quite a high figure, how then can buckwheat be dietary (low-calorie)? Here it is worth considering that these figures apply to dry buckwheat. And in order to cook a portion of classic buckwheat porridge, half a serving is enough, which means that the indicated calories are automatically reduced by almost half.
Second, carbohydrates. Moreover, the carbohydrates contained in buckwheat belong to the category of so-called “slow” carbohydrates. This type of carbohydrate is absorbed rather slowly and gradually by the body, which means that the feeling of fullness lasts longer than after eating other foods. Therefore, if you eat a plate of buckwheat porridge for breakfast, then the feeling of hunger will not manifest itself until lunch! And this, in turn, will help to exclude all kinds of snacks and, as a result, the accumulation of extra pounds.
Thirdly, vegetable protein. The presence of a large amount of vegetable protein in buckwheat in combination with various vitamins and microelements contributes to the fact that even with all the low calorie content of buckwheat dishes, their long-term use will not cause significant harm to the body. In addition, the presence of useful substances in the composition of this cereal contributes to the metabolic process, which plays a significant role in losing weight.
Fourth, fiber. Buckwheat in its composition has a huge amount of dietary fiber. In addition to the fact that these fibers contribute to the good functioning of the intestines, that is, they contribute to the full absorption of nutrients. They also, getting into the intestines, envelop its walls, as it were, taking with them all the “nasty things” (slags and toxins). And this, of course, contributes to the regular cleansing of the body, and hence weight loss.
Fifth, variety. Buckwheat is a very versatile product. You can cook a large number of various dishes from it (porridge, meatballs, casserole, krupenik and much more), which allows you to make the diet less monotonous. And then, buckwheat is by no means an expensive product, which means that it will be possible to stick to a buckwheat diet for a long time without creating a “financial gap”.
Taking into account all of the above, we can safely say that the buckwheat diet effectively promotes weight loss, while such a diet has a number of advantages over others.
Positive theses about the buckwheat diet
- Buckwheat is literally saturated with vitamins of different groups (B, E, P, etc.), as well as trace elements and minerals such as Iodine, Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Calcium, Manganese, Fluorine, Chromium, Silicon, Cobalt and a whole list. Thus, we can safely say that buckwheat is a storehouse of useful components.
- Buckwheat contains a large amount of fiber, in one serving of buckwheat – about a third of the daily requirement.
- Buckwheat contributes to the cleansing of the body as a whole, and the cleansing of blood vessels in particular.
There are several recommendations that should be followed while “sitting” on a buckwheat diet:
- It is necessary to take mineral-vitamin complexes. Any diet, even the mildest and sparing, is still a kind of stress for the body. And taking vitamins will help the body to transfer it less painlessly.
- Salt, sugar, hot spices and alcohol should be categorically excluded from the diet. It is they who retain fluid in the body, and this can have negative consequences for the results of the diet.
- The main component of the diet should be, of course, buckwheat. If it is very difficult to follow the monotony of the diet, then buckwheat can be combined with fish, seafood or vegetables. But do not forget about the amount of salt.
- Another component of the diet (any) is liquid. As part of the buckwheat diet, you can consume not only water in limited quantities, but also kefir, preferably low-fat or low-fat.
There are a huge number of variations on the theme “Buckwheat Diet”. But for beginners in the field of diets, nutritionists recommend trying the classic option: buckwheat with kefir. You can cook from buckwheat, naturally without salt and sugar, various dishes: pancakes, casseroles, cereals and much more. But, if you need to lose up to five kilograms in a week, then you should adhere to strict diet. And, above all, it lies in the proper preparation of buckwheat.
Buckwheat groats should be prepared at the rate of 1: 2, that is, one glass of groats must be poured with two glasses of boiling water. It is better to do this at night and put it to infuse (you can in a thermos) until the morning. This buckwheat should be eaten all the next day in small portions, washed down with kefir. You can also dilute such unboiled buckwheat porridge with kefir.
If such a portion is not enough to suppress hunger, then it can be increased to the required volume. You can do this with buckwheat – there will be no harm. But the daily volume of kefir should not exceed the amount of one liter.
Of course, as with any other diet, it is recommended to drink pure still water in unlimited quantities.
To reduce the psychological stress that occurs during the process of losing weight, you can sometimes pamper your body with a small cup of tea or coffee, of course, without sugar. And in order for the body not to endure a glucose deficiency, you can prepare and drink such a drink every two or three days: dissolve 1 teaspoon in a glass of warm water.
During the diet, you should not give up physical activity and try not to eat at night (it is better to drink a glass of kefir, preferably diluted with water).
By following all the rules of the buckwheat diet and adhering to the above recommendations, you can be guaranteed to get rid of unnecessary kilograms without harming your health.
Estimated results of the buckwheat diet
Nutritionists say that after a course of buckwheat diet, …