How to wash your hair properly so that the curls are not injured and stay clean longer? In fact, this is a very important question that few of us think about, because this hygiene procedure has been brought to automaticity in most people. Meanwhile, you must certainly wash your hair correctly – this helps to maintain the health of the strands and scalp, which will have a beneficial effect on the condition of the entire head of hair as a whole. That is why in today’s review we decided to cover this topic in detail. After all, we really want all our readers to be proud of the beauty and strength of their own hair.
Tips from the hair experts
It just so happened that there is no exact formula by which you can calculate the optimal frequency of washing your hair. After all, in this matter everything is too individual. For example, the type of your skin, the level of activity during the day, and even the hormonal changes taking place in the body make a huge difference. However, trichologists still advise under any circumstances to adhere to several important rules for washing hair. And here’s how they sound.
- You need to wash your hair not on the days of the week, but as the skin gets dirty. That is, as soon as you notice that a greasy secret has accumulated at the base of the curls, resulting in a greasy sheen, you can safely go to the shower. If the hair is objectively clean, then washing it, simply because you are used to doing it every day, is not necessary. Both the dermis and the strands suffer from this.
- Use products that are right for your hair type. For example, for dry curls, it is necessary to use a shampoo with a moisturizing effect, as well as a leave-in conditioner, so that it protects brittle strands from external influences for a long time. But for hair prone to oiliness, you need a special cosmetic product that regulates the work of the sebaceous glands and a light conditioner that will not additionally weigh down the curls.
- Keep track of water temperature. If you want your hair to stay clean longer, set the right water temperature when washing your hair. Ideally one should be 40-45°C. It is with this balance that the dermis and curls are well cleaned. If the water is cool, then you simply will not wash off all the dirt. But hot, on the contrary, will increase the production of sebum, which is why the strands will quickly become oily and polluted again.
- Adjust the frequency of shampooing according to age. Another important rule that doctors recommend to strictly adhere to. So, remember: teenagers up to the age of majority can wash their hair every day, as their sebaceous glands are very active. Starting from the age of 18-19, a hygiene procedure should be carried out every 2-3 days. And with the onset of 50 years of age, it is enough for women to wash their curls every 3-4 days.
- Use your shampoo correctly. First, do not apply the cosmetic product directly to the scalp, it is harmful. It is better to pour the shampoo into the palm of your hand and evenly distribute it along the entire length. Secondly, control its quantity. Do not take a lot of shampoo for short and thin strands. It certainly won’t do any good. And finally, be sure to look at the composition of the product. If there are too many chemicals in it, then it is better to choose something more natural.
- Comb your hair before taking a shower. Few people do this, but meanwhile, doctors strongly recommend combing the strands thoroughly before washing. This will help to better cleanse them of dirt and dead skin particles, so they will stay clean longer. It is also not superfluous to massage the scalp for a couple of minutes, starting from the crown, then moving towards the temples and the back of the head. This manipulation improves blood circulation, which will have a beneficial effect on hair growth.
- Don’t Forget Balms. Along with shampoos, masks and conditioners, they also help to care for curls. How to apply balm correctly? Exclusively on clean and damp curls, and along the entire length, and not just on the tips, as many are sure. Rub it into the strands thoroughly, and leave for 7-10 minutes. Wash off with cool water. But it is better to avoid getting this cosmetic product on the skin, since there is an opinion that it can deprive the hair of the basal volume.
- In order not to wash your hair more often, watch your diet. Experts have long proven that excessively fatty and high-calorie foods negatively affect not only the figure, but also the condition of the curls. They quickly lose their freshness and volume, become oily and dull. So be careful with your diet. Add more vitamins, fiber, protein to it. And do not forget about the norm of drinking water. Also, if possible, try to reduce the use of foams and hair sprays. They quickly lead to pollution of the head.
- Make masks on clean curls regularly. They are incredibly useful for both preventive and restorative purposes. In the first case, it is enough to apply the cosmetic product 1-2 times a week, and in the second, every other day for two weeks. As a result, the strands will look and feel healthy, so you won’t need to wash them too often. Masks can be homemade or professional. Here, choose what you like best.
Dear ladies, if you want your hair to stay clean for as long as possible, do not forget to wash your comb regularly. This must be done at least once a week. After all, a lot of dirt and dead skin particles accumulate on it from everyday use, which are transferred over and over again to clean curls.
Interesting: Masks with glycerin
Detailed hair washing technique
Now let’s take a closer look at how to properly wash your hair so that your hair grows faster and is healthy. This is important, simple and at the same time important information, which we strongly recommend that each of our readers read.
To begin, comb the strands. As we said earlier, this will help to wash them better. Next, properly wet your head with a gentle pressure of hot water to soften the fats produced by our dermis and open the hair scales. But after that, immediately reduce the temperature to the above 40 ° C.
Next, shampoo should be applied to well-moistened hair. And here it is very important to choose the right cosmetic product. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- If the curls are naughty and hard, the detergent should have a softening effect. Shampoos with glycerin or natural oils are very good for this: shea, burdock, argan.
- For thin and devoid of vitality strands, shampoos are needed that add volume, as well as stimulate the awakening of the hair follicles, so that the hair eventually becomes thicker.
- For wavy and curly curls, silicone-based shampoos will be very good. They have a moisturizing effect and at the same time make the hair more flexible, manageable, and also not…