Wondering how to speed up the growth of fingernails? Then you’ve definitely come to the right place! Indeed, in our today’s review, we will take a closer look at the ways by which you can bring your nails into perfect condition. And if you follow our recommendations, you will soon get a beautiful, strong nail plate of the correct shape, which will no longer require salon extensions.
Factors that may slow down nail growth
We will not dwell on this topic in detail, but we will note that there can be many reasons why nails stop growing normally. Moreover, they are caused by both internal and external factors. And here are the most common ones.
- Improper nutrition. Namely, the lack of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, as well as organic acids in the diet.
- Lack of water in the body. Few people think about the fact that plain water helps cells renew themselves and activates metabolic processes. Thanks to them, the nail plate also grows faster. If there is not enough water regularly, then the result is the opposite.
- Gender and age. Scientists have proven that a person’s nails grow most actively up to 25 years. But the older he gets, the slower the process goes. True, men are still more fortunate in this regard, because in any case their nails grow 20% faster.
- Having bad habits. The abuse of cigarettes and alcohol has a detrimental effect on the entire body as a whole. And in particular, it especially negatively affects the condition of the skin, hair, nails.
- fungal diseases. A fungus is, firstly, aesthetically ugly. And, secondly, it has a very bad effect on the health of the nails. For example, with a fungus, the plate can change color, deform, exfoliate, stop growing.
- Aggressive household chemicals. If you are used to cleaning the house without gloves, and even with the use of household chemicals, then be prepared for the fact that your nails can suffer greatly from this.
- Various kinds of diseases. Diabetes mellitus, disruption of the gastrointestinal tract, failure of the endocrine system, kidney problems or improper blood circulation are all significant negative factors for nail growth.
- Other reasons. Mechanical injuries of the nail plate, living in a cool climate, lack of proper hand care, abuse of extensions – each of these reasons will necessarily lead to a slowdown in the growth of nails.
Dear ladies, if you really want to grow beautiful fingernails or even toenails on your own, for example, before the start of the summer season, then it is important to understand here that you will have to minimize the accompanying negative factors. Start eating normally, drink more clean water, clean only with gloves, use hand care products, etc. Only in this case, the recommendations that we give below will not be meaningless.
How to speed up nail growth: expert advice
We figured out the accompanying causes that slow down the growth of nails, now it’s time for specific recommendations. By following them, you can definitely restore health and strength to your nails.
- Enrich your diet with dairy products (cheeses, kefir, cottage cheese), because they just have a huge amount of calcium, which is so important for the health of nails. In addition to milk, fish, nuts, eggs, sesame seeds, citrus fruits will be indispensable on the menu.
- Taking a complex of vitamins and minerals will also help strengthen nails and accelerate their growth. After all, when the body receives nutrients in abundance, bones, hair and nails will become much stronger, and most importantly, they will get rid of fragility.
- Massage your hands regularly. This simple manipulation will help improve blood circulation and increase blood flow to the cuticles and nail plates. Be sure to use oils during massage. They are rich in vitamins and substances that nails need so much.
- Use decoctions of medicinal herbs, lemon, paraffin and sea salt as care products. Each of these components will help the nails become longer and more beautiful. And all thanks to the richest composition that these gifts of nature possess.
- Cut and file your nails properly. And do it only with special tools. You need to remove the length with nail scissors or tweezers, acting from the edge to the middle of the plate in a straight line, deviating from the root by at least 1 mm. When sawing, it is better to use sparing soft bars – buffs. But metal nail files should be abandoned forever, as they lead to delamination of nails.
- Let your nails rest after building. This is a very important point, which for some reason many women of fashion forget about. Meanwhile, the constant wearing of artificial coating brings the nails to a deplorable state. They become thin, faded, brittle, grow poorly. And all because under the gel polish they are sorely lacking in moisture and oxygen.
- Use professional growth activators. This is a good solution for those who need to lengthen their nails in a short time. Such stimulants often have a natural and completely safe composition that promotes active cell division. However, you should buy these drugs only at a pharmacy or a specialized store.
The so-called “smart enamel” is absolutely indispensable for damaged, thinned and non-growing nails. This series of colorless medical varnishes helps to strengthen the nails, protect them from negative external factors, vitaminize, stimulate growth, and prevent delamination.
Baths and masks for nails
In addition to the recommendations mentioned above, baths and masks made from natural ingredients will help you get long nails naturally.
Recipe 1. Iodine bath
Accelerating the growth of fingernails with iodine is a very popular way. Be sure to use them too.
- Take 10 drops of iodine;
- 300 ml of boiled water;
- 10g baking soda;
- 5 drops of orange essential oil.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and dip your fingertips into it. Wait 15-20 minutes.
Recipe 2. Mask with red pepper
A very effective tool for stimulating nail growth. The result is positive due to the warming effect.
- Take 5g of ground red pepper;
- 5-7g baby cream;
- 5 drops of any fragrant essential oil.
Mix the components properly and apply with rubbing movements into the nail plates. Put on gloves and walk like this for 20-25 minutes. With a strong burning sensation, the mask can be removed earlier.
Recipe 3. Thick bath with gelatin
It turns out that gelatin is very useful not only for skin and hair. Confidently it can be used to restore the health and growth of nails.
- Take 10g of gelatin;
- 100 ml of milk;
- 5g natural honey;
- 5 ml olive oil.
Dissolve edible gelatin in milk first. When it thickens, melt it in a water bath, mix with liquid honey and warm butter. Drop into…