Professional hand care is not limited to spas. The skin of the hands is most exposed to temperature changes and irritating substances. We offer the best tips for caring for your hands at home.
Hands cannot be rejuvenated with the help of hardware cosmetology or plastic surgery, so they need to be carefully looked after and protected in advance than to correct something later. And with this you will be helped by 12 simple tips for caring for your hands.
Hand care rules
Beautiful hands are one of the most important components of female attractiveness, unkempt hands immediately give out age before even throwing extra years. Therefore, we have prepared 12 tips on how to properly care for your hands at home in order to preserve their youth, beauty and tenderness of the skin.
The best hand care tips at home:
- Use a moisturizing hand cream regularly in both winter and summer. Ideally, moisturize after every hand wash, but try to apply cream at least twice a day. In the morning – a product with a lighter and quickly absorbed structure, and in the evening – a denser and more oily cream.
- Wash your hands only with warm comfortable water. Excessively hot water leads to dry skin, and cold water causes it to peel. At the same time, always dry your hands thoroughly, as abundant moisture disrupts the water-lipid balance of the skin.
- Protect your hands from the sun and cold. UV radiation and frost have the same negative effect on the skin: the sun dries it, and the frost cracks and flakes. Therefore, before leaving the house, apply a cream with an SPF filter in the summer, and a protective one in the winter.
- Wear gloves and mittens only from natural materials – leather, wool, cotton, as in synthetic materials the skin does not breathe, sweats and loses moisture.
- Wash dishes and clean only with rubber gloves, as the chemistry contained in detergents destroys and dries the skin, burrs appear. In this case, it is better to put on thin fabric gloves first, and rubber gloves on top, since rubber products often cause an allergic reaction.
- Choose the right soap with glycerin, moisturizing ingredients, preferably natural without harmful additives. At the same time, do not rub the handles too hard: if the dirt does not wash off, then wipe the skin with vegetable oil or lemon juice.
- Watch your cuticles. If your cuticle grows rapidly, then you need to regularly lubricate it with special oil 3-5 times a day. Otherwise, burrs will form, the cuticle will crack and look very unattractive.
- Stick to a healthy diet because beauty comes from within. Cut down on salty, spicy, sugary and fatty foods. Give up bad habits – smoking and alcohol. Walk outdoors more.
- Take care of your nails. Regular, proper manicures are also important for keeping your hands in perfect shape. Do not bite your nails and watch their length, otherwise the nail plate will begin to exfoliate. Therefore, adjust the shape and length of the nails in time.
- Do not frequently use alcohol-based disinfectants and wet wipes, as they destroy the natural protective layer of the epidermis and the skin is more susceptible to infection and microbes.
- Drink more water and take vitamins A, C, E. They act as antioxidants, preventing the destruction of collagen fibers and the appearance of age spots – one of the main problems for hands.
- Two to three times a week, do home spa care for hands: peels, masks and hand baths. It consists of steaming, cleansing, moisturizing and nourishing.
We offer several effective recipes for hand care at home.
Recipes for skin care
To professionally care for your hands, it is not necessary to go to the salon. Many procedures, such as peeling, baths and masks, can be done at home.
Recipes for relieving hand fatigue:
- Bath: add to warm water (600-800 ml) three drops of menthol and rosemary oil, as well as 1 tbsp. olive oil. Lower your hands and steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Peeling: mix 2 tbsp. sea salt, 1 drop of tea tree oil and 2 tbsp. coconut (or vegetable) oil. Massage one hand in turn with the other, moving in the direction from the wrist to the fingertips.
- Mask: mix one grated apple, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tsp softened petroleum jelly and a drop of camphor or menthol oil. Lubricate the handles liberally, hold for 10-15 minutes and rinse. Then apply moisturizer.
Recipes for cleansing the skin of the hands:
- Bath: Add the juice of one lemon, three drops of grapefruit essential oil, baking soda on the tip of a knife and a pinch of cinnamon to warm water. Immerse your hands, hold for 5-7 minutes.
- Peeling: mix 100 g of sugar, grated zest of one orange, 1 tsp. ginger, 2 tbsp. olive oil. Massage your hands alternately with a clean brush or sponge.
- Mask: mix the pulp of one orange, 1 tsp. sesame oil, a pinch of red pepper. Apply to hands, wash off after 10 minutes and lubricate the skin with almond oil.
Recipes for moisturizing and nourishing hands:
- Bath: heat 400 ml of milk to 40-50 degrees, mix with the same volume of warm water. Add a pinch of cinnamon and 2 tbsp. olive oil. Immerse your hands in the mixture, hold for 15 minutes.
- Peeling: mix 2 tbsp. sugar, 1 tbsp. sunflower oil, a pinch of soda, 1 tbsp. rose water. Massage your hands, then rinse.
- Mask: mix one egg yolk, 1 tbsp. jojoba oil, 1 tbsp. coconut oil, 1 tsp a spoonful of honey Lubricate your hands thoroughly, rinse after 15 minutes and apply grape seed oil.
- Mask: boil a handful of oatmeal, add 1 tsp. olive oil, apply on hands for 15-20 minutes. Rinse first with warm, then cool water.
Recipe for chapped hands:
- Mash 2 boiled potatoes.
- Add 2 drops of glycerin and 2 drops of lemon juice.
- Keep the mask on your hands for 10 minutes.
Recipe for age spots on the hands:
- Lubricate your hands with lemon juice or grate 1 large cucumber.
- Dip the brushes in the grated cucumber for 25 minutes.
- Wipe the handles with a decoction of parsley, preparing it in the proportion of 2 cups of boiling water per bunch.
Recipe for a paraffin mask for hands
Be sure to use cosmetic or medical paraffin, which is sold in pharmacies!
- Apply a nourishing cream on your hands, massage.
- Dip the brushes in paraffin heated to 50-55 ° C until a film forms.
- Wrap your hands in a plastic bag and a terry towel.
- After 25 minutes, remove the cooled paraffin.
After such a procedure, the hands will become truly velvet!
Of course, these are not all hand care recipes, but following the rules and the above tips, as well as home baths, peels and masks, perfectly relax, relieve fatigue, and heal the hands.