The lifespan of the cells that make up our skin is 24 hours. During this time, many processes are constantly taking place in the epidermis: restructuring of cells responsible for the elasticity of the skin and old collagen fibers, providing elasticity and firmness of the skin, as well as the birth of young cells that raise the epithelium to the outer layer and form keratinized epithelium.
Artificial stimulation of the reconstruction of the epithelium is called peeling. Aging skin most of all needs peeling. This is due to the fact that over time, the metabolic processes in the skin slow down, the rate of collagen formation decreases. There is a chemical peeling – Jessner peeling, when a skin burn is controlled by a chemical composition from a set of organic acids.
Peeling was created by submarine doctor Max Jessner. Of course, he had other goals – for him it was necessary to draw up a certain composition for submariners, which would help prevent the self-spread of the infection. Sailors used such a composition as an aftershave. It included acids: salicylic and lactic, as well as resorcinol. Relatives who met the sailors after a long walk on the seas and oceans noted that they returned refreshed, with an excellent complexion. Subsequently, Hollywood stars began to use this composition, from where it got its second name “Hollywood”.
Understanding the Jessner Chemical Peel
Jessner peeling is a process used in cosmetology to improve both the appearance and the skin itself when it is exposed to a certain chemical composition. It is divided into several types:
- Superficial: burns the skin of the 1st degree, the epidermis is affected to the granular layer. Superficial peeling is used when it is necessary to reduce pores, when brightening the face, for the prevention of acne;
- Medium: deeper peeling. The death of skin tissue extends to the dermis layer, recovery takes place within a week. Here we are talking about a burn of 2 tbsp. This peeling is used to smooth fine wrinkles, to increase skin elasticity, to eliminate flat warts and age spots.
As with any cosmetic procedure, there are a number of contraindications for Jessner peeling:
- Intolerance to some components of peeling.
- Allergic reactions.
- Inflammatory skin and active infectious processes at the time of the procedure.
- Infection of the body in a chronic state.
- Herpes, diabetes mellitus, thyrotoxicosis, rosacea, oncological and autoimmune diseases.
- Skin disorders.
- Open wounds, sunburn.
- Pregnancy, lactation.
- Acne, post-acne.
- Ingrown hair.
- First wrinkles, unwanted facial folds.
- Skin irregularities, scars.
- Strong skin pigmentation.
Jessner Peel Ingredients
Jessner’s peel consists of a combination of lactic and salicylic acids and resorcinol.
Salicylic acid is unique in that it dissolves in oil. This property is used in the treatment of oily skin and acne. Salicylic acid gently removes dirt, grease, cleanses pores, helps reduce sebum. In addition, it has a drying effect. In the Jessner peel, as well as lactic, salicylic acid comes in a 14% concentration.
Lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid. Helps accelerate the production of collagen and new skin cells, increasing skin elasticity while rejuvenating and smoothing it. Also has a whitening effect. Unlike other fruit acids, it has a milder effect on tissues, which has resonated with sensitive skin. The Jessner peel uses 14% lactic acid.
Resorcinol is responsible for peeling and removing the superficial epidermis. It is an exfoliator (from the word “peel”, “strongly scrape”). Enhances the effect of the above acids, has an astringent, antimicrobial, cauterizing effect on the skin. It is used in 14% composition.
Based on the carefully calibrated composition of the Jessner peel, the greasiness of the skin is reduced, wrinkles are reduced, the color is evened out, the surface itself becomes moisturized and young. The lifting effect is similar to mesotherapy.
Due to the property of resorcinol to change color to darker when combined with light and air, the composition is stored in a refrigerator in a tightly closed container.
The course of the peeling procedure
The Jessner peeling process proceeds in several steps:
- The skin is tested for the tolerance of the ingredients of the peeling composition.
- The skin is cleansed so that no sebum remains. Disinfected.
- A Jessner peel is applied. The composition is applied in a thin layer with a cotton swab. The client immediately feels a burning sensation – this is a manifestation of the peeling effect. At this time, the upper skin layer is removed. The composition is aged for some time.
- Removes the peeling composition with a neutralizing composition.
- Within a week, the skin of the face turns red, peels off, the skin will peel off in large pieces. Therefore, it is better not to leave the house. But the result will not keep you waiting. The effect, as they say, will be on the face.
- After 13-21 days, the procedure is repeated. To fix the result. For the best effect, peeling should be repeated about 5 times.
The ultimate goal of the Jessner peel is to rejuvenate and rejuvenate the skin.
Don’t underestimate the importance of post-peel care. The skin at this time is very sensitive, so you need to strictly follow all the recommendations of a cosmetologist. Here are some tips:
- After peeling, in no case do not wash your face for the next 12 hours.
- You can use moisturizing and restoring cosmetics that the beautician will prescribe.
- Washing should be done with boiled water, do not rub the skin, but gently blot it.
- Do not use conventional cosmetics.
- When going outside, avoid the sun, apply a UV filter.
- In tone, follow all the recommendations of a specialist.
- Jessner peeling is harmless, as a result of this procedure, there are no traces of scars, scars, pigmentation on the skin. The beautician has the ability to adjust the depth of penetration of the composition.
- Depending on how many layers of the solution are applied, peeling can be superficial, medium, and even deep.
- For skin that has a large amount of acne, pimples, this type of peeling is the most suitable option.
- When the skin is aging, Jessner peeling is the best option if the patient wants to avoid the surgical intervention of a plastic surgeon.
- After the procedure of this peeling, there is always …