Before starting our story about the famous and very popular Kremlin diet today, let’s turn to its sources.
In America, 30 years ago, after the American nutritionist R. Atkins introduced a revolutionary idea into dietology: “Weight loss should be caused by introducing a large amount of fat into the diet.”
The basis of the concept is the removal of carbohydrates from the diet, forcing the body to eat fats accumulated earlier.
The Atkins diet can be divided into two phases. First step. Finding new eating habits. The entire diet is based on an increased content of fats and the rejection of carbohydrates. According to Dr. Atkins, in the absence of carbohydrates, the human body will begin to extract energy from fats.
A person completely cancels the use of fruits, vegetables, sweets and flour products. If the products contain proteins, carbohydrates, then these products are also contraindicated. You can drink mineral water, herbal teas without sugar. Atkins suggests supplementing with L-carnitine and chromium. Step two. A person is selected a program for consuming the amount of carbohydrates that will save the results.
It is believed that the so-called Kremlin diet was developed in a medical center with a specially created 4th Department of the Kremlin. This center was engaged in the treatment and maintenance of the health of the first persons. The diet was a complete mystery. The Kremlin pill was once heavily advertised throughout the country. Now, the same boom around the Kremlin diet.
The main essence of this diet is a strict accounting of the use of foods containing carbohydrates. The Kremlin diet is based on four rules.
- Firstly. It is allowed to eat meat in unlimited quantities. It does not matter what kind of meat it will be (pork, beef, poultry or meat products). The main thing is that meat is allowed in any form (fried, boiled, smoked). Therefore, the Kremlin diet is considered one of the best options. But, it is necessary that the amount of carbohydrates in the diet is limited.
- Secondly. As we know, carbohydrates are a source of energy. Restriction or a complete ban on consumption suggests that the body will begin to use its own fat reserves. The metabolism is radically rebuilt. The daily intake of carbohydrates is 40 grams.
- Thirdly. Vegetables contain the least amount of carbohydrates. So, you need to switch to eating vegetables that are very rich in fiber. Fiber perfectly normalizes the activity of the gastrointestinal tract. Cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, beets appear on the table.
- B – fourth. Drink plenty of fluids, at least 2 liters per day. From drinks: mineral water, teas (green, herbal, black) without sugar. Avoid drinks containing sugar and carbohydrates. Drink alcoholic beverages, but in moderation. But, do not use sweet wines, liqueurs, champagne. Better, give preference to cognac, vodka.
Kremlin diet: pros and cons
The more kilograms you want to throw off, the higher the effectiveness of the Kremlin diet. During the Kremlin diet, you can safely play sports or pump up muscles. Due to the lack of carbohydrates in the menu, it can adversely affect mental activity. Contraindications for such a diet: diseases of the kidneys, stomach, cardiovascular system.
For a week on the Kremlin diet, you can lose at least 5 kg.
By the way, the Kremlin diet is very popular among many famous politicians, actors, and mere mortals.
Here is an example of the Kremlin diet for one day:
- Breakfast: cheese – 50, fried eggs with ham (200 g), coffee or tea without sugar
- Lunch: beef broth – 500 g, boiled chicken – 200 g, mushrooms with vegetables, vegetable salad – 100 g, 50 g of cheese, crackers, tea without sugar
- Dinner: steak – 100 g, beans – 40 g, dry wine – 250 g, coffee with cognac
Kremlin diet table
A table indicating the “points” that a particular product weighs. As a rule, these points correspond to the amount of carbohydrates per hundred grams of the product. For weight loss, score no more than 40 points per day, but do not sit “at zero”, the body should receive any carbohydrates. And to maintain a stable weight, you can get up to 60-70 points a day.
|Can||Seldom||It is forbidden|
Boiled meat 100 g / 0
Boiled fish 100 g / 3
Cheese of different varieties 100 g / 0.5 – 2
Butter 20 g / 1
Radishes 6 pieces / 0.5
Mineral water 250 g / 0
Leek piece / 11
Tomato soup 500 g / 17
Milk 250 g / 6
FRUITS, BERRIES, NUTS
Raisins 150 g /18
Cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon / 0.3