In the modern world, if not all, then many women perceive excess vegetation on their bodies as something unacceptable, unnatural, which should not be in principle. One of the main places for body hair removal is the bikini area and the deep bikini area. After all, you really want to wear an open swimsuit in the summer and feel like a queen.
Modern technologies offer a lot of ways and methods to get rid of unwanted hair. One such method is laser hair removal. Let’s take a closer look at what it is.
What is it and who is it for?
Let’s understand what is laser hair removal. This method involves the removal of hair using a special apparatus. The laser beam passes along the hair and, penetrating into the deep layers of the epidermis, reaches the bulb. Under the action of the thermal effect, it destroys the hair follicle and the hair is removed naturally.
The bikini area is one of the most sensitive places on a woman’s body. Any irritating factor can cause inflammation and a rash on the skin. Compared to other methods of hair removal, laser hair removal will save you from such consequences.
Having decided to try the laser hair removal method on herself, a woman should be prepared for the fact that one session is not enough here. Having passed the first baptism of fire with a laser device, in about a month the procedure will need to be repeated. After 5-8 sessions, the maximum effect is achieved and you can boast of an ideal bikini area.
Such hair removal is suitable for women who have tried alternative methods, but they turned out to be either ineffective or too painful. Also, this method is recommended for hypertrichosis or hirsutism.
It should be noted that some men also resort to a method of getting rid of hair in the bikini area and deep bikini. It must be carried out by a highly qualified specialist. This is due to the coarser structure of the hair and excess skin, which can lead to injury.
Types of laser hair removal
Depending on the color of the skin and the depth of penetration of the beam, the following types are divided:
For epilation of intimate areas, diode and alexandrite lasers are mainly used. If other devices are used, epilation will be ineffective.
- The diode laser device is used for any type of skin and hair of various colors. The waves emitted by it are easily absorbed by the pigment of the bulb, and the hair follicle is destroyed.
- Alexandrite apparatus is more suitable for dark-haired women. Due to the fact that it has a lower pulse frequency, the process of getting rid of hair takes place in a more gentle mode. Compared with the diode device, the time spent on the complete release of the intimate part of the body from vegetation is much less.
Before the procedure, you must adhere to the following rules:
- it is extremely important to consult a trichologist, dermatologist and endocrinologist for any contraindications to the procedure;
- it is better to carry out epilation in the cold season – autumn-winter. This is due to the fact that ultraviolet rays should not fall on the treated area for some time;
- do not remove hair in any way for 1.5-2 months;
- for 2-3 weeks it is forbidden to visit saunas, a solarium, a bath or any other effect of elevated temperatures on the treated area;
- 8 hours or a day before the session, remove the hair with a razor. So you will help the hairs move into the active growth phase, and the process will be more efficient.
Epilation of the bikini area
For those who decide to try the effect of laser hair removal for the first time, it is suitable to remove unwanted hair where they are visible, i.e. directly along the bikini line.
Before starting the procedure, the cosmetologist anesthetizes the area to be epilated. Usually use a spray with lidocaine or a cream with a freezing effect. Puts on protective goggles for himself and the client. To safely glide the laser over the skin, a special gel is applied. The beam, fixing on a skin area, penetrates the melanin-pigmented hair and destroys it. After the end of the session, special agents are applied to the skin to prevent redness and inflammation.
In one approach, an area of \u200b\u200b2 cm is processed2. The procedure for getting rid of hair in the bikini area lasts about half an hour.
Epilation of the deep bikini area
The procedure for undergoing laser hair removal in the deep bikini area does not differ from the above. The only difference is the scale of the epilated area. The deep bikini zone involves getting rid of hair from the entire intimate part, including the pubic part, inner thigh and perineum. Session time is an hour or more.
You can epilate the deep bikini area during menstruation. Just be prepared for the pain.
Skin care after
An important point is skin care after getting rid of hair. Every self-respecting specialist will definitely give recommendations to the client on how to treat the affected areas and what not to do. By following the recommendations, you can avoid side effects:
- after the procedure, the epilated area cannot be wetted for 1-2 days;
- do not forget to lubricate the skin with creams that will advise you;
- refrain from sunbathing for at least 2 weeks, exposure to ultraviolet radiation can adversely affect the condition of the skin;
- regrown hair cannot be removed with anything other than a razor;
- You can not take hormonal drugs and antibiotics.
Pros, cons, contraindications
Any cosmetic procedure has advantages and disadvantages, and in some cases even contraindications. Laser hair removal is no exception and you need to understand this before you decide on it.
- painlessness or its minimal manifestations, provided that painkillers are applied to the skin;
- no redness and rashes;
- the skin is smooth and soft;
- removal of unwanted hair is possible even in hard-to-reach places;
- The effect after such hair removal lasts for several years.
- expensive procedure;
- the final result is not visible immediately, but only after a certain number of sessions;
- if you have dark skin, this procedure will be a waste of time and money;
- there is a risk of skin pigmentation and minor burns.
- oncological diseases;
- dermatological skin problems;
- disorders in the work of the heart and cardiovascular system;
- pregnancy and lactation.
Based on the foregoing, we can conclude that you will not find a more effective method for getting rid of unwanted hair in the bikini area and deep bikini. Deciding on it…