The medical drug Dimexide can increasingly be found in recipes for homemade hair masks. According to user reviews, such formulations help to significantly accelerate hair growth and even awaken dormant follicles, hair follicles.
Characteristics of Dimexide
Dimexide, or Dimethyl sulfoxide, is widely used in medicine. Its main purpose is tissue healing. This tool promotes tissue regeneration, cell renewal, and also improves blood microcirculation.
The drug is able to penetrate deep into the dermis, thus transferring nutrients. On this feature, the positive effect of the use of hair masks with Dimexide is built.
However, it should be understood that along with useful substances, elements of styling products can also penetrate the hair follicles, for example, which cannot be called useful. In order to avoid such a situation, apply masks with Dimexide only on clean, dried hair.
Pay attention to the concentration of the drug: only 10-30% solution is used in masks. A higher content of Dimexide in hair masks can provoke a chemical burn on the skin. For the same reason, it is forbidden to use the drug in its “original” form, it should be diluted with oil or water.
Mask “Amazing growth”
- dimexide in the form of an aqueous solution – 1 part;
- lemon juice – 2 parts;
- vitamins A (retinol), E – 1 ampoule
Mix ingredients. This is a very important process, since dimexide should not be noticeable in the composition in order to avoid the risk of burns. Distribute the mask on your head, doing it in the partings. The duration of the activating mask is an hour. The course of treatment – 4 procedures monthly, it will take 2 months.
Nourishing Stimulating Mask
- a mixture of oils (for example, castor, olive and burdock) – the total volume of oils is 10-20 ml; A solution of vitamins A (known as retinol), E in oil – an ampoule;
- 1 egg yolk.
Mix the ingredients, warm the mixture, add a third of a teaspoon of an aqueous solution of dimexide. When increasing the volume of the mask, remember that the amount of dimexide should be 3 times less than the amount of other ingredients.
Soak the mask for 50 minutes, and then wash your hair in the usual way.
“Classic” mask recipe
- 1 ampoule of vitamin E oil solution;
- the same amount of vitamin B solution, for example B 6;
- 1 ampoule of an oil solution of vitamin A (otherwise, retinol);
- a mixture of sea buckthorn and castor oils – 20 ml;
- lemon juice – 4-5 drops;
- dimexide (aqueous solution) – 10 ml.
The components should be stirred and slightly warmed up. After that, the composition is distributed on the head and kept for 50 minutes. As a prophylactic, the mask is used once a week. To activate hair growth, with significant baldness, 2-fold application is possible.
A simple energizing mask
- sea buckthorn oil.
To prepare the mask, mix the components in a ratio of 1: 3. For hair whose length is up to the shoulders or slightly lower, 3 tablespoons of sea buckthorn oil and a 1 tablespoon dimexide solution are usually enough.
The mask is distributed over the partings of clean, dry hair and aged for 80 minutes. Rinses off like a normal mask.
Features of the use of masks, which contain dimexide
Masks based on Dimexide cause a lot of controversy. They claim such compounds as the best remedy in the fight against baldness and slow hair growth. Others point to cases of deterioration after the use of masks. In order for the mask to bring only benefit, it is important to follow some rules for its use.
- Observe the indicated concentration of Dimexide in the mask. Usually the proportions of the drug and other components are 1:3. If, after applying the composition, you feel a burning sensation or itching of the scalp, the concentration of Dimexide is higher than required. In this case, it is recommended to remove the mask by washing the hair, and the next time to reduce the amount of the drug in its composition.
- Dimexide cannot be used in its pure form. It should be dissolved in base oil or warm water, thoroughly mix the entire composition. Otherwise, you risk getting burned. To dilute dimexide, pay attention to what concentration the drug has, and then, using simple mathematical calculations, reduce it to 10-30%. To begin with, make the solution minimally concentrated (10%), then, if there is no burning sensation and allergies, you can increase it.
- Please note that sometimes the mask can “separate”: the oil goes down, and the dimexide is on top of it. To prevent this from happening, use only a freshly prepared mask, mix it thoroughly, watch its appearance.
- For greater efficiency, the composition should be slightly warmed up, for example, in a water bath. Note that all components of the mask are heated first, with the exception of dimexide. It, having previously been dissolved in base oil or warm water, is added to a warm, but already removed from the heat mask.
- Like any medical drug, dimexide is characterized by the presence of contraindications for use. Among them are kidney and liver failure, pregnancy, lactation, problems with blood vessels. Before adding the drug to the mask, study the contraindications. If you find these diseases in yourself, as well as if you are in a position or breastfeeding, refuse to use such a mask.
- Dimexide can also provoke an allergic reaction, so before using the mask, you should make sure that your body tolerates the effects of the Dimexide components. To do this, apply some of it on the skin at the bend of the elbow. If after 24 hours there are no unpleasant or painful sensations, you can “start testing” the mask with dimexide.
Sometimes the use of a mask can cause increased hair loss. usually a similar problem occurs after the first sessions. Do not be afraid, because hair that is incapable of life is actively falling out. Later they would have left you anyway. However, if the loss is too strong and does not stop after 2-3 procedures, it is wiser to stop using the mask.
Masks according to these recipes require warming. Apply a mask, wrap your head with a cotton scarf, and tie a terry towel or an old woolen scarf on top. Wrapping in polyethylene can cause a significant increase in body temperature, which, in turn, will provoke unforeseen chemical reactions.
Dimexide has a specific smell. For some it is invisible, while for others it is…