Currently, beauty salons are able to solve any problems of women in matters of their appearance. And not in the very last place in this list is giving thin and weak hair splendor and volume. This mission is undertaken by procedures for lamination and keratin hair restoration. However, not everyone has the opportunity to visit beauty salons and then recipes for masks to increase hair volume at home will help.
Their composition is quite diverse, many components can be found in your refrigerator. Basically, masks for hair volume consist of yeast, honey, dairy products, vegetable and essential oils, bread, herbs, mustard, alcohol (for example, cognac), oatmeal, onion, henna, etc.
In order for home masks to be most effective, there are several general rules for their use:
- You can use these masks once a week;
- it is better to keep the mask on the hair for about an hour, putting a plastic bag on the hair and wrapping it with a towel;
- the best effect will be achieved if the mask is washed off the hair with cool water;
- blow-drying will add extra volume if you dry your hair at the roots with your head down.
Not all homemade masks designed to increase volume are suitable for both oily and dry hair at the same time. After all, some ingredients will weigh down already thin and oily hair, and some will degrease dry hair too much.
Consider which masks for volume are best used if hair is prone to oiliness.
- Honey mask. In a bowl, mix honey and lemon juice in equal parts in quantities depending on the length of the hair. Add a teaspoon of aloe juice to this mixture, mix. Distribute the finished mask on the hair. Wash off after 15 minutes with warm water without using shampoo.
- Mask based on yogurt and curdled milk. It is necessary to mix yogurt and yogurt in equal parts, preheating them in a water bath to room temperature. Apply to hair and leave for about half an hour. The mask will give the hair density and help eliminate excess shine.
- Mask with oatmeal and kefir. It is necessary to mix ½ cup of oatmeal (it can be made by simply grinding oatmeal in a blender) and a glass of kefir. Apply a thick layer, lightly massage the scalp and leave for 30 minutes, covered with a film or bag and a towel so that the mixture does not dry out. The mask is well suited for weakened oily hair.
For dry and thin hair, volumizing masks with moisturizing properties are ideal.
- Masks based on gelatin. The use of gelatin in masks at home is very similar to the effect of salon hair lamination. Gelatin thickens the hair, which creates the impression of more volume. There are several masks based on gelatin, but everywhere it is prepared in the same way – a bag of gelatin is poured into 1/3 cup of water and left to swell, or heated in a water bath. You can simply apply dissolved and swollen gelatin to your hair, or add other ingredients for a greater effect – burdock oil and any hair conditioner; 3 tablespoons of kefir; yolk and a teaspoon of mustard.
- This mask fits well. Mix 1 teaspoon each of castor and olive oils and 1 tablespoon of a shampoo suitable for dry hair. Distribute the mixture through the hair, leave for 30 minutes, wrapping the head warmly. Wash off with warm water.
- Mask based on honey, vodka and salt. For such a mask you will need: 1 cup of honey and salt (preferably sea) and 1/3 cup of vodka or cognac. Mix everything, transfer to a glass jar and let it brew in a dark, cool place for two weeks. When the mixture is ready, gently apply it to the hair and wrap well. Leave the mask on for 1 hour, wash off with a mild shampoo (if necessary). Not suitable for sensitive scalp (due to alcohol) and if allergic to honey.
The remaining volume masks are suitable for all types of hair.
- Alcohol-based masks.
- Mix 50 g of cognac, ½ cup of St. John’s wort, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 grated onion. Apply to hair and keep as long as you can, rinse thoroughly. This mask with regular repetitions will help enhance hair growth.
- Grate 1 avocado, mix with a glass of beer. The mask can be kept on the hair for up to 12 hours or just left overnight.
- Beat 1 egg and mix with a glass of dark warmed beer, add a little peach oil to the mixture, beat everything well. Leave on hair for 40 minutes.
- Masks based on dairy products.
- Mix a glass of kefir, a teaspoon of cinnamon, teaspoons of honey, ½ a small pack of yeast. Let the mixture ferment a little and leave it on your hair for 20-40 minutes.
- Take a glass of yogurt, a teaspoon of henna and 2 slices of black bread. Mix everything, apply to hair, wrap well. Keep the mask for half an hour, rinse with water with a drop of apple cider vinegar. If the hair is light, then henna is better not to add.
- Add a little of any essential oil to preheated kefir. Apply the mixture to the hair without rubbing into the roots. Leave for 20 minutes and rinse with water.
- Mix ½ cup of milk with the same amount of vodka. Rub the mixture into the scalp. If you repeat this procedure daily for a couple of weeks, you can achieve amazing hair density.
- Onion mask. Very useful mask for hair growth and volume. Everything you need can be found in the refrigerator. You need to take 1 grated onion, mix the gruel with a glass of mayonnaise and add a little vegetable oil. Apply the mixture to your hair and keep it on for as long as you can.
- Egg yolk mask. 3 chicken yolks and a tablespoon of red pepper, mix, rub into the scalp and leave for 30 minutes. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. If the scalp bakes strongly from such a mask, you can replace red pepper with mustard powder.
- Banana mask. Take one ripe banana (if the hair is long, then 2), grind it in a blender and apply to the hair. After – wash your hair.
- Mask with white clay. Add water to a bag of white clay powder until a mushy mass is obtained. Leave on hair for 15 minutes and rinse.
- Mask of burdock and castor oils. Take a tablespoon of castor and burdock oils, a spoonful of aloe juice. Add beaten chicken yolk to the mixture. Mix everything and apply on hair for 40 minutes. Wash off the mask with water and shampoo.
We have reviewed a lot of recipes for masks for hair volume, made at home. All of them are natural in their composition and are simply obliged to benefit. However, it is worth noting that their effect is mostly short-term. To increase the volume of hair, such masks should be done regularly, and it is better if the treatment is carried out …