Nature is richer than the cosmetics department of even the largest hypermarket. What is not in it! Leaves, flowers, roots, stems, bark, juice, pulp, fruits, vegetables, seeds and of course berries.
The summer months are an expanse for those who like to enjoy these gifts of nature. Various vitamins, macro- and microelements and other useful substances in berries are contained in large quantities. Therefore, berries are not only tasty, but also healthy. But berries can not only be eaten.
They also have a beneficial effect when applied externally – in the form of masks, applications, rubbing.
What are the benefits of berries for the skin
Berries have a complex and varied chemical composition. Vitamins activate skin cells. Flavonoids help to remove toxins and other harmful substances, have anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties. Organic acids rejuvenate the skin. Trace elements are the building blocks for building new skin cells. Essential oils soften, nourish and disinfect the skin.
In addition, berries are a natural product and do not contain artificial chemicals, oxidants and dyes. Considering how many of these completely unhealthy substances settle on the skin every day, this is an important point.
How to choose berries for making a mask
First of all, you need to decide for what purpose you need a mask. Then read what properties different berries have. And then, taking into account the characteristics of the skin, choose the right berry. Naturally, the time of year should also be taken into account. In summer, there are no problems with choosing berries, and in winter, when choosing, you need to take into account the assortment of stores or the contents of your refrigerator.
In the event that there are skin problems (dermatitis, rosacea, acne, etc.), allergies, asthma, it is necessary to consult a doctor when choosing berries.
Properties of some berries used to make masks
- Raspberry. Suitable for oily skin, has whitening properties, tones. It is used for acne (leaf juice), in the treatment of rosacea and simple acne (berry juice and pulp), reduces swelling of the face.
- Black currant. Suitable for different skin types. Leaves (infusion, juice) are used for acne prone skin. The juice of ripe berries whitens age spots, unripe – reduces the fat content of the skin.
- Red Ribes. Suitable for oily skin. Tightens pores, reduces skin shine.
- Kalina. Suitable for any skin. Juice applications are used in the treatment of acne. Tones and refreshes the skin.
- Sea buckthorn. Suitable for dry skin, for aging, as it has a rejuvenating effect.
- Rowan. Juice applications are used in the treatment of rosacea. Masks are suitable for aging skin.
- Strawberry wild-strawberry). Suitable for oily skin. Tones. Narrows pores. It is used in violation of skin pigmentation (freckles, chloasma, vitiligo).
- Rose hip. Suitable for all skin types. Tones, refreshes. Flower petals are used in the care of aging facial skin, for the preparation of lotions and a refreshing tonic. Crushed to the consistency of gruel, the pulp of the berries eliminates fine wrinkles.
- Cowberry. Suitable for skin with the first signs of aging, eliminates fine wrinkles. Berry juice applications are used for pustular rashes on the face. Lingonberries promote water retention in the skin. When preparing masks for dry skin, a few drops of oil (vegetable, almond) should be added to the pulp.
- Grape. Suitable for any skin. Especially useful for preparing masks for skin that has an earthy tint.
- Blueberry. Helps to refresh the complexion, even out it.
How to prepare a mask
- Berries for the mask should be selected ripe and intact.
- In a non-metallic bowl with a wooden, glass or plastic spatula (spoon), chop the berries, add the ingredients you need according to the recipe and mix until smooth.
- Do an allergy test – apply a little mass for a mask on a small area of \u200b\u200bthe skin. If irritation does not appear in 5-10 minutes, then the mask can be used.
- Apply the mask along the massage lines to the cleansed face. You can do a light peel. Do not apply a mask around the eyes.
- Sit or lie down, relax and keep the mask on your face for the prescribed number of minutes.
- After that, wash off the mask with cool water without soap. Then you can rinse your face with mineral water or a decoction of herbs.
- If you feel tight skin, apply a few drops of cosmetic oil, such as almond oil, to your face.
- After a mask of berries, it is not recommended to immediately go outside and apply decorative cosmetics to the skin.
Some tips for using berry face masks
Berries can be not only fresh, but also frozen. In this case, before preparing the mask, they need to be thawed and warmed. But only in a natural way at room temperature, without using hot water. A small amount of hot water can be used to lightly scald only berries with skins, such as lingonberries.
Face masks from berries should be done 1 – 2 times a week. Less often – 3. Applications from juice and rubbing them can be done daily, but only 10 – 14 days. Then the procedure should be carried out less often.
If during the procedure there is a burning sensation, itching, and other unpleasant sensations, then the mask must be urgently washed off with water at room temperature without soap. Take an antihistamine if necessary. We should not forget that many berries are quite strong allergens.
Berry face masks tend to have a liquid consistency (unless they contain flour, starch or other ingredients that contribute to the “thickening” of the mass). Therefore, the berry mass can be evenly placed between two oval pieces of fabric (several layers of gauze) with slits for the eyes, nose, and mouth.
Recipes for masks for any particular skin type can be changed.
For example, if the recipe says “for oily skin”, but you need it for dry skin, then you can add a little cream to the berries. And in order to make a mask for oily skin out of a mask for dry skin, it is allowed to add kefir, yogurt or egg white.
Berry face masks are a wonderful way to stay attractive. Use the berry season to your advantage.