Quite often, faced with some kind of health problem and not being able to immediately go to the doctor, people go to medical forums where they have the opportunity to get expert advice.
Today we offer you an overview of the medical forum “ACMD”-Medox Let’s consider the most “popular”, that is, questions of interest to many people in various fields.
The most common questions on the gynecology forum:
- “On what day of the cycle is it better to undergo an examination and do an ultrasound scan for endometriosis?” Gynecologist’s advice: it is advisable to do this in the 1st phase of the cycle (up to 12 days from the beginning of menstruation).
- “Is it possible to plan a pregnancy with a diagnosis of endometriosis and taking the drug” Quinol “?” Expert answer: Yes. Can.
- Quite often, people write about causeless pain in the lower abdomen.
“It hurts in the lower abdomen on the left, in the region of the ovary. On ultrasound, the gynecologist found nothing, and said that everything was in order with the organs. Is this enough, or is it necessary to undergo additional examinations? Solution to the problem: If there are no diseases in gynecology, you need to look for the cause in other organs and systems. The described complaints may be associated with inflammation of the kidneys, problems with the spine, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. In this case, it is worth contacting a therapist who will refer the patient to a related specialist.
The second most visited and active forum thread is ultrasound diagnostics. Very often people ask and read the following questions:
- “Is any preparation required for an ultrasound of the liver and kidneys?” The specialist answers: Yes, preparation for ultrasound includes the following: black bread, legumes, fresh vegetables and fruits, dairy products, soda, juices should be excluded in 2-3 days. For 6-8 hours before the study, do not eat anything.
- “What can be the stagnation of bile?” Answer: There may be several reasons. The most common: gallbladder dyskinesia, outlet stenosis, pathogens that enter the gallbladder from the intestines, infection, parasitic diseases (giardiasis, ascariasis, etc.).
- “Which ultrasound is better to do: transdominal or transvaginal? Which one is more efficient and what is the difference between them? The doctor explains: transvaginal ultrasound is a more informative and accurate research method, plus it is much easier for a woman, because. does not require special training.
Another actively discussed branch of the medical forum is MRI and CT diagnostics.
The following questions are often asked in this thread:
- “Is it possible to do an MRI of the spine during lactation?” The uzist replies: “Lactation is not a contraindication to MRI.”
- “Pain in the knees during exertion is disturbing. At one time he was actively involved in sports. What diagnosis will be the most effective to clarify the cause of the pain? The specialist advises to first consult with an orthopedic traumatologist, and then, based on the data obtained, determine the tactics of diagnosis.
Distance medicine in our time is developing rapidly and in many cases online consultation is very useful, and sometimes the only way to solve any health problem. However, despite this, a face-to-face appointment with a specialist was, is and will be the main practice of diagnostics and treatment for a long time, because medicine is an inexact science, and each patient is an individual with many features. Stay individual and stay healthy!