Recently, micellar water has become very popular, and all thanks to competent advertising. However, not everyone fully understands what it is and why it is needed at all. In our today’s review, we will answer the above two questions, and at the same time we will teach you how to properly use this newfangled cosmetic product.
What is micellar water?
Many women who have tasted micellar water well consider it a real find. And all because it perfectly cleanses the surface of the skin from cosmetics and daytime pollution. And you can safely use it absolutely every day. Perhaps this is true. And yet, in order to be completely sure of the safety of “micellar water”, it will not be superfluous to find out what exactly it is.
So, micellar water is a transparent colorless liquid, which contains microscopic particles, micelles, which have the properties to absorb dirt. They attract dead skin cells, cosmetics, dust and other impurities that settle on our face during the day.
But, if you think that micelles can only be found in micellar water, then you are deeply mistaken. After all, these surfactants (surfactants) or poloxamers, which are essentially the basis of micelles, are found everywhere in detergent compositions. Namely in shampoos, shower gels, foams for washing, soaps. That is, we have known them for a long time, just “micellar” fully revealed their benefits for us.
However, one cannot but admit that this cosmetic product acts very gently and delicately. Unlike the same soap, micellar water does not dry out the skin and is washed off much faster. Plus, manufacturers often add other useful substances to its composition. For example, oils, vitamins, glycerin, extracts of berries and medicinal herbs, minerals, organic acids, which greatly increase the benefits of the application.
Dear ladies, if you come across micellar water with a rich composition, do not rush to rejoice. After all, any additional additive is a potential allergen, especially when it comes to natural ingredients. Such a product should not be immediately applied to the face without prior testing.
For what purposes can you use micellar water?
Micellar water is considered a universal remedy, so it can be used for different purposes. And we will list the most popular of them right now.
- To remove make-up after a hard day, including around the eyes. In this case, the main thing is that the liquid does not contain alcohol additives.
- For a simple daily cleansing of the dermis from dust, dirt, dead cells. And you can do this twice a day – in the morning and in the evening.
- For intensive hydration and giving the skin tone and elasticity. In this case, products with glycerin or hyaluronic acid are ideal.
- To get rid of pimples and acne. Here you need a “micellar” with a deep cleansing and drying effect, which will help narrow the pores.
- To remove waterproof make-up. Previously, special formulations were used for these purposes. And today it is enough to use water with micelles.
- To maintain pH balance and soothe sensitive skin. Just choose a product with the most delicate effect and without alcohol.
- To enrich the dermis with useful substances. As we have already said, micellar water is often rich in composition, and this is good for any skin.
Despite the huge popularity and versatility, one micellar water will not replace a full-fledged dermis care. But, unfortunately, many women mistakenly come to this opinion. In fact, micellar water is an excellent addition to complex skin care. But no more.
Interesting: Face masks with white clay
How to use micellar water correctly?
Micellar water is very good for keeping the skin in perfect condition. And yet, she also needs to be able to use it correctly, otherwise, like any other cosmetic product, it can be harmful. To avoid this, follow these tips.
- Choose micellar water for your skin type. For example, if your dermis is prone to oiliness, then it is better to give preference to a product based on natural surfactants (surfactants) that will help control sebum production. And for sensitive or combination skin, it is better to choose a “micellar” with poloxamers (these are artificial surfactants that are absolutely harmless). They act very delicately.
- If you are trying a new remedy for the first time, be sure to test for individual intolerance. This is especially important with the enriched composition of micellar water. To do this, apply the liquid to the sensitive area of the skin on the inside of the wrist and leave for 15 minutes. Are there any reactions in the form of redness, peeling or itching? So feel free to use it.
- The standard scheme for applying “micellar” looks like this. First, moisten a cotton pad with it, then press the sponge to your face for a few seconds. This is essential if you are removing makeup. After the specified time, the active substances will react with the cosmetics, and it can be easily removed. And for the usual cleansing of pollution, the skin is simply wiped with a moistened disk without excessive pressure.
- Do I need to rinse off micellar water? Among many women, there is an opinion that no. And the manufacturers themselves indicate on the packaging when the product does not require rinsing. However, cosmetologists have a different opinion – “micellar” should always be washed off. After all, she has already collected fat and dirt from the dermis, which means that she herself requires removal.
- After you have used the micellar liquid, proceed to a deeper cleansing of the skin. This will require other professional tools: foam, tonic, gel, milk, etc. And never forget that “micellar water” will not replace them. She has her own functions.
Micellar water may contain components of one of three categories: natural surfactants, poloxamers, we mentioned them above, as well as polyethylene glycol. And if the first two categories of substances that form micelles are considered completely safe, then experts call on the third category to beware, since it is an emulsifier capable of cause dryness and irritation of the skin.
Interesting: Face masks with milk
Review of micellar water, which women, according to reviews, consider the best
Today, “micellar water” can be found in any more or less major manufacturer of cosmetics. There are funds for any type of skin and wallet. But which of them are considered the best? This question will be answered by our rating, collected on the basis of reviews.
- Garnier “Skin Naturals. About the tool, on which “clear skin” is written in large letters, most users have only positive reviews. It foams well, acts quickly and gently, and, importantly, mattifies the dermis, thereby relieving…