You need to take care of your face from the age of 25. The skin needs hydration and constant care. And when the age is already over 30, then you should devote much more time to yourself. The contours of the face and cheeks sag, puffiness and a distinct nasolabial fold appear. In general, muscle tone is reduced. Of course, various remedies for aging come to the aid of women. However, they give only a superficial effect. Cosmetic technology does not stand still. There are non-invasive methods to preserve youthful skin. An excellent solution to the problem can be the use of microcurrents. The method is popular in the world of cosmetology. Moreover, the procedure can be done at home.
What is microcurrent therapy? This is a physiotherapy procedure. It is aimed at improving muscle tone and removing excess fluid. Weak impulses affect skin cells and lymphatic channels. This increases the circulation of blood and the movement of lymph. Skin cells begin to renew themselves quickly. Due to stimulation by impulses, they begin to actively share. New, young cells better absorb nutrients from anti-aging creams. Microcurrents are also called biotics, which energize cells.
The current is very low frequency, so the patient does not feel discomfort. Penetration into cells occurs gently and delicately. Damage to the upper tissues is out of the question. The impact of current occurs directly on the cells, improving their work.
After the procedure, the skin of the face is toned, its elasticity increases, sagging disappears, and the oval of the face is restored. Impulses give an excellent lymphatic drainage effect. Excess liquid leaves, blood circulation improves, puffiness disappears. The skin is saturated with oxygen, thereby improving the complexion. Most importantly, the aging process of the skin slows down. Today, microcurrent therapy is considered the safest and most effective procedure for skin tightening. In this case, the result is stored for a long time.
Indications for use and contraindications
You can use this technique if necessary. Exposure to impulses may be necessary for the following indications:
- Face oval correction;
- Prevention of skin aging;
- Reduction of edema, “bags” under the eyes;
- Care for aging skin of the decollete, neck and face;
- Reduced skin tone;
- Treatment of acne, age spots, acne;
- Increased porosity of the skin;
- The presence of cellulite and body fat;
- Prevention and treatment of spider veins;
- Alignment of relief and skin tone;
- Preparation for plastic surgery.
When starting any procedure, you must familiarize yourself with the contraindications. After all, microcurrent therapy should benefit, not harm your face. So, what are the contraindications:
- The presence of malignant tumors in the body. Any electrotherapy will only aggravate the condition. Also, you should not do microcurrents if there are various neoplasms on the face;
- The presence of medical implants. For example, a pacemaker, metal pins in the bones;
- Inflammatory processes on the skin. And not only on the face, but throughout the body as a whole;
- Diseases of the nervous system (epilepsy);
- Cardiovascular, infectious diseases;
- Intolerance to the effects of current;
- Pregnancy in any trimester and while breastfeeding;
- Piercing on the face, neck, décolleté;
- Diseases associated with impaired blood clotting;
- After operations;
- Allergy to the components that make up the gels and creams that are necessary for the procedure.
Before microcurrent therapy, it is necessary to undergo an examination and consult a doctor. If all contraindications are taken into account, then the risk of complications after the procedure is minimal.
Microcurrent therapy at home
The procedure can be carried out without leaving home. You need to buy a special device. There are a huge number of such devices on the market. The current strength should be from 20 to 800 microamperes, frequency from 1 to 300 hertz. It is worth buying the device for yourself, carefully read all the characteristics.
In the store you can offer two types of devices. Some carry out only microcurrent therapy. Other devices are more functional. With their help, you can do massages, myostimulation procedures, as well as use galvanic currents. These devices will differ only in price.
Of course, home devices have fewer capabilities than professional equipment. At the same time, these devices perform all the necessary actions to obtain the desired result. They are safe and easy to use. For yourself, you can choose the mode of operation – superficial or deep.
In addition to the device, you need to buy a special gel. Choose a cosmetic product based on your skin type. For dry, prone to redness, a gel with cornflower extract is suitable. And in winter it is better to use a product with the addition of aloe. To resist the first wrinkles will help the gel, which includes elastin and collagen. A pull will be more effective. Gels with hyaluronic acid will cope with deeper wrinkles.
If there is a device, gel and there are no contraindications, then you can proceed to the procedure. The skin needs to be cleaned. Wash your face with running water and wipe the skin with a moisturizing lotion. Next, apply a special gel in a dense layer. This is necessary for better current conductivity. The gel is not recommended to be applied immediately to the entire face. Do this in zones so that the gel does not have time to dry. Then use the device to go through all the problem areas. How to use your device correctly, you can read in the instructions for use. Follow all the recommendations to get a good result.
When the procedure is over, remove the remaining gel from the face. You can use a tissue or wash your face. After therapy, the skin perfectly absorbs the components of cosmetics. Therefore, apply a cream for your skin type or a mask.
The effect of the procedure will be visible only if the therapy is taken as a course. A facelift will require 5 microcurrent therapies per week. Only 30 procedures. Wrinkles are significantly reduced. And all this result is obtained without surgical intervention. Do not forget! To maintain the result obtained, it is necessary to systematically perform this procedure.
Benefits of microcurrent therapy at home:
- Affordable price;
- High level of security;
- Good tolerability and painlessness of the procedure;
- Compatibility with other cosmetics;
- Visible result at the end of the first procedure;
- Comprehensive effect on the skin.
Side effects not excluded:
- Tingling in the area of impact of the current;
- Metallic taste in mouth during…