Thousands of girls and women visit hairdressers and beauty salons every day. It is logical that the beauty industry is one of the most successful types of business, because the services provided in it are becoming more expensive by leaps and bounds. One of the most expensive manipulations with hair is dyeing, and even more so miling, coloring, ombre, shatush and other complex types of it. Therefore, more and more often ladies are wondering how to make a haircut at home?
The first woman to try this on her appearance was Brigitte Bordeaux. Her example was instantly followed by millions of women. Literally, milirovka is translated as “mixing”, in which some of the strands are colored, and the rest remain natural. To this day, this procedure is in demand, popular and does not go out of fashion.
In order to decide on the items necessary for partial clarification, you need to decide which method to choose. It depends on the woman’s skills, hair length and type, and her previous experience. If a girl has always done miling through foil, you should not experiment with a hat at home. There are several main types of such staining:
- Milling using foil or thermal paper, in which colored strands are wrapped.
- Coloring through the cap. A small curl is pulled through the holes and lightened.
- Militation without a warming element (without foil or cap).
- Coloring with a comb, on the teeth of which a lightening pigment is applied, and then the hair is slowly combed.
- “Pigtail” lighting. Curls are braided into braids and paint is applied to them.
The most popular type of the listed is the procedure using foil, so you should dwell on it in more detail.
What is needed for the procedure at home?
Like any cosmetic procedure, coloring at home requires careful preparation. It is advisable not only to read about it on the Internet, but also to consult with an experienced master. Perhaps, in a particular case, such a manipulation with the vegetation on the head is impossible without the participation of the master, or it can greatly harm the hair. If the girl has already received this service in the salon more than once and is well acquainted with this procedure, then she can try to cope with it on her own.
You also need to purchase:
- Foil, thermal paper or cap (depending on the chosen method);
- Hair dye or brightener plus oxide;
- plastic or glass bowl;
- Brush for stirring and applying paint;
- A comb with a thin long handle;
- Cape to protect clothing.
In some stores, you can buy ready-made kits, which include all the items necessary for the experiment.
After everything from this list is bought and prepared, you can start painting.
How to prepare your hair
Before the procedure, it is better not to wash your head for some time so that the harm caused by chemical elements is minimal. If there was another staining recently, then at least 10 days should pass after it. Close attention should be paid to what will be applied to the scalp. The paint should be fresh, of high quality, not too cheap. When using it for the first time, an allergy test must be carried out. Also, do not combine miling with hot curls or straightening.
Before applying the composition to the head, it is necessary to read the annotation for the tube of paint, check the expiration date, and prepare the workplace. It is important that there is good light in the room. To color the back strands, you will need an assistant or several mirrors.
- Using scissors, it is necessary to cut the foil into strips into which the clarified strands are wrapped. The bottom edge can be bent so that the paint does not leak out.
- You should cover your clothes with a cape or an old towel so as not to get dirty, wear gloves.
- Then you can start preparing the paint, mixing the ingredients strictly according to the instructions.
- Hair should be divided into large parts and stabbed.
- Then, separating a small strand of hair and putting foil under it, you can carefully apply the coloring composition. The strands are colored through one (for this you can zigzag along them with a thin comb). The distance from the roots is about 1 cm.
- Fold the foil in half and seal the edges. Dyed curls are also fixed with a hairpin.
- The procedure is repeated consistently throughout the head. One curl is lightened, the other remains untouched.
- Before completing the work, after the time set according to the instructions, several colored strands should be checked. Those that have lightened worse than the rest do not heat up much with a hair dryer.
- If the hair is dyed, you need to thoroughly wash your hair using shampoo and balm.
When painting at home, you should be aware that it is dangerous to keep the paint for more than 45 minutes. If the hair is very thick, the procedure is carried out in several stages: part of the hair is dyed, waited, washed off, then proceed to the next part.
Militation for blond hair
What is the difference between the considered type of staining on dark and light brown hair? Girls with blond hair often want to freshen up their look and add zest. They do not dare to complete coloring, because this harms their health, and they simply may not go. The ideal solution for such ladies would be the highlighting of light brown hair. Most often, they apply to light brown hair: French, Californian, Brazilian miling. The first kind is the most benign. This is a very light, barely noticeable lightening of curls. The second type involves the use of wax and giving strands of various shades (milk, wheat, honey). With California clarification, foil is not used, the paint is applied to the strands in random order. Brazilian coloring – lightening part of the hair, and then toning the strands in different shades.
The most important thing to know is that light brown hair is lightened with a low percentage oxidizer. Paint for fair-haired girls should be soft, perhaps even without ammonia. Staining time – up to half an hour.
Dark hair trim
The process of working with dark hair is much more difficult, because they are less susceptible to exposure. The damage done to the structure and quality of the hair is much higher. Therefore, women with this type of hair often turn to professionals, not daring to experiment at home. However, miling involves dyeing less than half of the hair, which is much better than full dyeing. Also, it does not completely change the image, does not hit the pocket like that and does not require constant tinting.
The oxidizing agent for dark and difficult-to-dye hair should be more than 10 percent, and the lightening time should be 30-45 minutes.
It looks especially advantageous on dark hair…