Every girl dreams of having strong and healthy hair, delighting others with luxurious curls and spends a lot of effort and money on this. But, unfortunately, not all cosmetic preparations live up to expectations or create an effect for a short time. And overly active coloring and bringing to the ideal shade adversely affects the condition of our hair. At such moments, it is worth remembering about natural cosmetics.
Oak is a long-lived tree. Who, if not him, to entrust the care of his beloved? The healing power of oak bark is especially appreciated, because it is in it that a lot of useful substances, vitamins and microelements accumulate. In hair care, decoctions, tinctures and masks will be indispensable. Oak bark can be used “solo”, as well as in combination with other natural ingredients.
What problems can this ingredient solve in hair care? Judge for yourself:
- Treatment of flaking and itching of the scalp.
- Help weakened and brittle hair.
- Prevention of split ends.
- Regulation of increased secretion of the sebaceous glands.
- Prevention of hair loss.
- Giving shade to the strands.
Let’s take a closer look.
“White flakes” in the hair
Dandruff is a pretty serious scalp problem. Many cosmetic companies produce special therapeutic shampoos for dandruff, but most often they give only a temporary result. If you are faced with a similar problem, try making a decoction of oak bark (1 tablespoon per 1 cup of boiling water, simmer for 30 minutes) and rinse your hair with it when washing.
In more advanced cases, you can use the following folk recipes:
- Prepare a decoction of oak bark and onion peel (1: 1), let it cool, rub into the skin 1-2 hours before each shampoo. Be sure to wear an insulating cap. Then rinse and wash your hair as usual.
- In a decoction of the bark, add 1-2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and 1 yolk. Mix. Apply the resulting mask to the skin with massaging movements. Leave on for 20 minutes and rinse.
Due to their anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, such treatments will soothe the scalp and relieve itching.
Healthy and strong
If the problem of brittle, unruly and dull hair is about you, then oak bark is an indispensable ingredient in your home cosmetics. Thanks to the tannins contained in it, the hair will become stronger, thicker, and will also acquire a healthy and well-groomed appearance.
To achieve the best effect, you should use masks based on oak bark:
- Take equal proportions of crushed bark, plantain and dandelion leaves. Rub well, add olive oil to the consistency of a balm. Apply the resulting mixture to damp hair, insulate. After 1.5 – 2 hours, you can wash off in the usual way.
- Prepare a decoction of oak bark and St. John’s wort (1:1). Strain and add 1 tablespoon of honey. Rub into the hair roots, then distribute along the entire length with a comb. Insulate for 1.5 – 2 hours. After the time has passed, you can wash it off.
- Finely chop 1 medium unpeeled onion, add 2 tablespoons of oak bark and pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Insist for 2 hours, strain. Apply to the scalp 30-40 minutes before washing.
Such masks actively affect the hair follicles, as a result of which the hair becomes thicker and better nourished from the roots. To fix the result will help rinsing with a decoction of oak bark after each shampooing.
Also, the following decoction is perfect for rinsing hair. Pour oak bark and black loose leaf tea (2 tablespoons each) with 2 cups of boiling water. Let it brew, strain. Bring to 1 liter with warm water. This procedure, combined with one of the masks, will give your hair a unique shine and elasticity.
To protect long hair from splitting at the ends, after each haircut, apply a decoction of oak bark with coconut oil (shea butter is also suitable) to the ends of the hair. Leave the mixture on your hair under a towel for 1 hour, then rinse. Your hair will look well-groomed.
Purity for a long time
Owners of oily scalp probably know how difficult it is to keep their hair clean: in winter – a hat, in summer – heat. These factors do not contribute to the proper functioning of the sebaceous glands. But here, oak bark comes to the rescue.
Both rinsing the hair with an ordinary decoction of oak bark and decoctions of a mixture of herbs will be effective. Try the following compounds:
- Oak bark and thyme.
- Oak bark and chamomile.
- Oak bark and St. John’s wort.
- Oak bark and sage.
- Oak bark, nettle, plantain, wormwood.
When preparing a decoction from a mixture of herbs, take 2 tablespoons of the mixture in 2 cups of boiling water, leave for at least 15 minutes. It will also be useful to add essential oil to any of the decoctions. With increased oily hair, peach, tea tree, lavender, eucalyptus oils will help you. 2-3 drops is enough.
Such medical procedures will not give immediate results. But with proper application, after 2-3 weeks you will see improvements.
Be careful! Oak bark has coloring properties. If you are the owner of blond hair, such cosmetics are unlikely to suit you. But if you want to give your hair a beautiful shade, then it is quite possible to combine business with pleasure.
Like any natural dye, oak bark will not change the color of your hair beyond recognition. With this tool, you can tint hair in dark colors with a reddish tint. Depending on your original color, you will get a shade from mahogany to dark chestnut. And in combination with other natural dyes, you get a richer palette. If your hair is dark blonde, please note that you will get a tint on your main hair color, but not a full color change.
So, so that the result does not disappoint you, we correctly observe the proportions. The basis for the paint will be a strong decoction of oak bark (2 tablespoons per 1 glass of water). The bark must be thoroughly boiled in water for about 1 hour so that it gives up all the coloring pigment. This decoction will give the hair a deep chestnut shade.
Then you can add other natural dyes, depending on what color you want to get:
- To give your hair a warm golden hue, add half a cup of onion peel to the main decoction. Let it brew for 15 minutes. Apply to hair along the entire length.
- You will get a beautiful natural red color by brewing henna as indicated on the package, not with water, but with a decoction of oak bark. The color will turn out deeper with an incredible tint.
- A reddish tint will be acquired by hair dyed with a decoction of the bark with the addition of 2 tablespoons of saffron.
Such compositions perfectly paint over gray hair. Apply paint to…