Permanent mascara is a kind of step between eyelash extensions and waterproof mascara. If you want your make-up to look as natural as possible every day, then the choice in favor of permanent eyelash coloring is obvious.
What is permanent mascara
The appearance of permanent mascara is very similar to the regular mascara we use every day. But the special composition avoids lumps and poorly painted areas. Such mascara will not let you down at the most crucial moment, it will not flow or crumble. At the same time, eyelashes will always be bright and natural.
The basis of permanent mascara can be liquid or in the form of a gel. Liquid mascaras are easier to use and color lashes faster. And applying gel-based mascara is best left to a professional with extensive experience.
The active ingredients of permanent mascara are non-toxic and rarely cause an allergic reaction. They do not interact with the mucous surface of the eye, do not penetrate into the bloodstream. Therefore, even a pregnant woman can use this cosmetic product without fear of any negative consequences.
How to apply permanent mascara
At home, it is better not to take risks, do not try to apply permanent mascara on your own. This must be entrusted to a specially trained master who will make sure that the composition does not get on the mucous membrane of the eye.
You can use permanent mascara on both natural and extended lashes.
The procedure is carried out in the following sequence:
- Cleansing and degreasing eyelashes. This is necessary so that the paint lies evenly over the entire surface.
- Protecting the skin around the eyes so that the paint does not get on the mucous surfaces.
- If you want to have a beautiful bend, you can first carry out the biowave procedure for eyelashes. Moreover, you can choose the degree of bending, which will suit you. This procedure will take approximately 30 minutes.
- Applying mascara to upper lashes. The paint is applied to each eyelash separately. The master does not allow the cilia to stick together, immediately separating them. 2-3 layers are applied. Coloring takes about 30-40 minutes.
- Applying mascara to lower lashes. Coloring takes about 15 minutes.
Care after the staining procedure
Since this is a salon procedure and you want to keep the result as long as possible, then after staining you should follow some rules:
- On the first day after staining, it is necessary to exclude contact of the eyelashes with water, do not visit the pool, sauna and bath.
- You can not use ordinary mascara, otherwise the quality of staining will become worse.
- Do not use make-up removers and cosmetic formulations containing oils.
- Decorative cosmetics should not be oil-based, it is better to choose water-based products.
- Do not use mechanical curling of eyelashes with tongs, as the colored eyelashes can be damaged. And in general, you should try to touch your eyelashes as little as possible: do not rub them with your hands, do not comb them with brushes, do not sleep with your face in the pillow. This will help keep your lashes intact and prevent them from breaking.
- You need to follow the usual rules of hygiene: wash your face with warm water twice a day.
How to remove permanent mascara
There are two options here on how to proceed:
- wait until the mascara itself is gradually washed off, or until all the cilia are renewed;
- go to the salon and remove the mascara with a professional tool, and if you wish, you can repeat the staining procedure.
Cosmetologists do not recommend using the first option, because eyelashes are updated gradually and it turns out that some of the cilia are still colored, while others are not. The appearance of the eyelashes in this case will not be very neat.
Professionals use special permanent mascara removers that do not damage the eyelashes. And if you want to tint your eyelashes again, then removing the previous paint is a must.
Permanent mascara – choose or not?
Permanent mascara is not the most common option for coloring eyelashes, but it has many undeniable advantages:
- Once you paint your eyelashes with permanent mascara, you can forget about daily eyelash care for 3-4 weeks. Such mascara will not wash off, even if you like to wash your face with soap and use makeup removers.
- Eyelashes look bright, but very natural. There are no lumps on them, the mascara will not crumble during the day. The length of the eyelashes will increase by 10-15%, and the volume – by 20-40%.
- You can safely swim in the pool and steam in the bath, without fear that the mascara will flow or smear. This is due to the fact that permanent mascara is resistant to any changes in temperature and humidity. The main thing is not to contact with water on the first day after staining.
- Permanent coloring of eyelashes is indispensable on vacation, when you do not want to spend a lot of time on makeup.
- If you do not know how to neatly paint your eyelashes, then this type of staining will be very useful.
- Permanent mascara is combined with the eyelash biowave procedure and can be used on extended eyelashes. And all this together can create the effect of thick, long, well-colored eyelashes. What will make your look more open and expressive.
- Permanent mascara rarely causes allergies. Therefore, it can be used by allergy sufferers and those who wear contact lenses.
Like any cosmetic product, not all women can use permanent mascara either.. There are reasons for this:
- This mascara is almost impossible to apply on your own, so the procedure will require an experienced master who is familiar with all the nuances of applying permanent mascara. It is necessary to carry out the staining procedure very carefully so that the mascara does not get on the mucous membranes.
- Despite the hypoallergenic composition, permanent mascara can still cause allergies in some people who have an individual intolerance to certain substances in the composition.
- There is still a slight negative effect on natural lashes, although it is much less than with eyelash extensions. Therefore, you also need to remove the mascara in the cabin with a special tool.
- It is impossible to paint eyelashes with permanent mascara for a very long time. Sometimes you need to take breaks in order for the eyelashes to grow stronger.
- If you are expecting a stunning effect from the procedure, then permanent mascara will not please you: the result will be so natural. But the owners of naturally thick and long eyelashes will be quite satisfied.
- The choice of color is limited: black is the most common color in salons. Although, if you try, you can find gray, brown and blue colors. For lovers of exotic makeup, this option may not always be suitable, because the chosen color will last up to 4 weeks.
Lots of positives…