At the present stage, the most relevant topic in the beauty industry is the topic related to the rejuvenation of the human body with the help of stem cells.
A bit of history
The palm for the discovery of the stem cell belongs to the professor of the Imperial Military Medical Academy, the famous Russian scientist of the last century Alexander Maksimov. His report in Hamburg in 1908 on the hematopoietic stem cell made a splash. But only in 1998, after the discovery of human embryonic stem cells, this fact was recognized as an important event in biological science.
What is a stem cell? This is a cell that has not reached maturity, which is able to renew itself, develop and transform into special cells of the body. This cell contains all the genetic information about the life processes of the organism and, at the slightest failure, such a cell plays the role of an ambulance.
First, cosmetology began to use products based on animal stem cells. But the funds, which are based on plant stem cells, began to be produced not so long ago.
Interest in plant stem cells was first shown by Japanese scientists and only then by Europeans. In the course of the research, scientists were able to prove that, unlike animal stem cells, plant cells do not contain hormones, which in turn means that they cannot cause any side effects in the human body.
How it works
Plant stem cells directly affect a number of causes associated with skin aging, such as cell toxicity or oxidative stress.
Plants with antioxidant properties are able to protect against cell death, thereby interrupting chain reactions involving free radicals. Other plants have a unique ability to remove toxins accumulated in the human body. Still others are involved in the normalization of the process of cell division and renewal, as well as the protection of DNA.
In addition, biochemists have noticed that a skilful combination of plant stem cells and natural or synthetic compounds, so-called peptides, which have a unique ability to create the most suitable conditions for triggering the rejuvenating action of plant stem cells, gives an excellent effect against skin aging.
At the present stage, two methods are usually used to obtain plant stem cells that would have a high frequency and functionality. The first method consists in direct extraction and consists in the following.
In the spring, buds, shoots and young roots with the highest energy potential are crushed, then placed in a specially prepared composition, the components of which are water, glycerin and alcohol to extract all the necessary components from the plants. At the same time, this composition is also an excellent preservative. In the extracts obtained in this way, the integrity of intercellular substances is completely preserved. However, despite this circumstance, it is used quite rarely, as it is quite expensive. In practice, the method of biotechnological synthesis is more often used.
Significance of the discovery of plant stem cells
Over the past decade, cosmetics manufacturers have spent a fabulous amount of money looking for an elixir of youth that could slow down the aging of the human body and restore youthfulness to the skin. Thus, it was the search for a new and effective anti-aging agent that made most cosmetologists turn to the origins, that is, to mother nature.
Scientists have proven that stem cells isolated from different plants, such as alpine rose or apple, remove toxins from the human body, take an active part in moisturizing the skin, successfully fight cellulite, and help minimize the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation. . In other words, they have the full effect of rejuvenating the body.
In order to tighten the skin, restore its tone and elasticity, cosmetologists resort to the help of fibroblasts, which can produce proteins, that is, the cells of the human body will work more productively. For these purposes, extracts of such plants as:
- edelweiss has a unique ability to reduce wrinkles and protect the code from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation;
- an apple, its stem cells work almost the same as human skin cells;
- sea fennel accelerates the process of skin renewal;
- French grapes of burgundy color, are able to neutralize free radicals, mainly due to the content in its composition of quite powerful antioxidants, the so-called anthocyanins;
- gardenia that lifts and shapes the facial contour.
So, plant stem cells contain the maximum amount of substances that a person needs for renewal. In other words, they have huge growth potential.
The future of plant stem cells
Biochemists have a huge field of activity. They are working on finding components that can activate the process of producing stem cells by their own living organism. In this regard, they experiment with organisms and plants that grow in extremely difficult conditions. These plants in the evolutionary process were forced to adapt and, therefore, they developed such protective substances that, when they get on human skin, can truly work wonders, restoring youth and beauty to it.
Therefore, plant stem cells have a great future. This is primarily due to:
- the safety of the ingredients, since you can only opt for a healthy plant that has grown in ideal conditions and, accordingly, has not been treated with pesticides harmful to human health;
- the availability of raw materials, even from fairly rare plants;
- the preservation of the human environment, since in order to obtain the required amount of raw material, huge plantations for growing plants are not needed at all, it is enough to equip a small room for this purpose;
- the possibility of obtaining stem cells from plants in the concentration that is needed. To achieve this goal, it will only be necessary to establish a production technological process to obtain the desired extract from the plant mass with the necessary active substances.
Also recently, another development has appeared associated with such a plant as argan, which belongs to the family …