The beneficial properties of soda are not a secret to anyone; since ancient times, people have used it to treat many different ailments. In the eighties of the last century, it was even used to treat cancer patients, and sometimes very successfully. The purpose of this article is to answer the question – does soda help burn fat, and can you lose weight with it?
In certain circles, soda has managed to establish itself as an effective and inexpensive means for losing weight, but do not forget that it is a rather active alkali, and if used incorrectly, it can easily cause health problems.
What is soda
What is soda? Before starting treatment with it, it would be logical to learn as much as possible about this food and not only product.
Common food salt, which each of us probably has in a kitchen cabinet, is an acid salt of sodium and carbonic acid – NaHCO3. The taste of soda is salty, not very pleasant, similar to the taste of soap. Causes irritation when it comes into contact with various mucous membranes of the human body. In addition to the food industry itself, it is also used in metallurgy, medicine and pharmaceuticals. In food production, it is especially often used as an additive to the dough, and has the designation – food additive E500.
Positive effect on the body
So, let’s take a closer look at what positive effects on the body, soda has when it is used.
- Saturates the cells of the body with oxygen. Due to its positive effect on the biochemical and energy processes occurring in the body, soda helps to improve the general condition of the body, saturates the cells with oxygen;
- Reduces appetite. Unlike spices, which include salt, which are designed to “kindle the appetite”, soda, especially when consumed simultaneously with food, can significantly reduce appetite.
Negative effect on the body
In addition to the positive effects on the body, soda also has a number of negative properties.
- Decreased acidity of gastric juice. This property is even useful if you suffer from chronic heartburn or stomach pain. But if everything is in order with the acidity of your stomach, then a decrease in this indicator will simply lead to diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Antiseptic action. This property is especially often used when rinsing the mouth. Surely many resorted to her help in the treatment of gums and teeth;
- It retains fluid in the body, which can cause various edema, for the same reason its use is not recommended for hypertensive patients.
Note!!! Soda is a rather controversial means for losing weight, most medical professionals are divided into two halves. Most of which claims that soda is not at all effective for weight loss. On the contrary, it will only cause new health problems. Supporters of the soda diet, in turn, are also advised to be extremely careful and carefully observe the necessary dosages, and it is best to go through the soda diet under the supervision of a highly qualified nutritionist.
Description of the soda diet
If you still decide to resort to a soda diet in pursuit of a beautiful figure, let’s get to know it in as much detail as possible. The general essence of the soda diet is to regularly drink a solution of soda in a glass of water several times a day for a certain time.
The recipe for a soda solution is as follows – add a fifth of a teaspoon of soda to 250-300 milliliters of warm water, stir until completely dissolved and drink. The amount of soda is gradually increased to half a teaspoon. Sometimes a drop of vinegar or lemon is also added to the glass, but we do not recommend doing this, as this increases the likelihood of stomach ulcers. Drink 2-3 times a day.
Here is a list of basic rules from the “experts” that must be followed with a soda diet:
- A gradual increase in the amount of soda per glass of water, it is advisable not to exceed the dosage of half a teaspoon;
- Be sure to drink one glass in the morning on an empty stomach;
- Drink slowly, not in large sips;
- The temperature of the water in the glass should be at room temperature – 20-25o FROM;
- The most effective solution of soda is when taken thirty minutes before a meal;
- After the last glass, which is desirable to drink before going to bed, you can’t eat anything;
- In case of feeling unwell and pain or problems in the stomach, stop taking the soda solution.
With a soda diet, it is important to observe the dosage, and in no case exceed it. Monitor your health as closely as possible, and in case of problems, consult a doctor.
In addition to the soda diet itself, which consists in taking it orally, there is also another much more effective (especially in combination with a soda diet) remedy – soda baths.
Soda baths can significantly improve the effect of a soda diet, and at the same time, this weight loss technique is quite effective on its own. The main plus is that you don’t even need to do anything special, just take a warm bath with a soda solution before going to bed, lie down in it for a few minutes, and then, wrapped in a warm blanket, have a good sleep.
The benefits of soda baths are especially great in the fight against cellite and the presence of excess weight due to insufficiently effective removal of fluid from the body.
Dissolve 200-250 grams of soda in a hot bath (at least 38 degrees), it is also desirable to add a little sea salt and essential oils to help get rid of cellite. You should lie in the bath for at least 20 minutes, while it is necessary that the temperature of the water does not drop, since soda is not effective in warm or cool water. After lying down for the necessary time, get out and wrap yourself in a warm towel. In this form, it is necessary to lie for at least 1 more hour.
The principle of operation of a soda bath.
Soda dissolved in hot water helps in activating the body’s lymphatic system, which removes toxins and excess fluid through sweat. In addition to direct weight loss, a soda bath also helps to cleanse and relax the body, as well as relieve swelling.
In general, most doctors and nutritionists speak negatively about the soda diet, as well as most of the methods of treatment with folk remedies. Of course, in many respects their position is justified, but as we managed to find out, far from everything.
Having decided to lose weight with the help of a soda diet, you should not only be as attentive as possible to the condition …