How to whiten teeth with foil? Using foil with unique properties, you can whiten your tooth enamel at home.
Meanwhile, the material itself is just a convenient tool for whitening, and paste, salt and soda will make the color of the teeth lighter. This composition is an abrasive capable of cleaning plaque of various origins.
The film in the cleaning procedure plays the role of trays that allow the whitening mixture to adhere to the enamel without dripping during the natural process of saliva formation.
Features of whitening
The central point of using food sequins for self-cleaning of enamel from contamination is the possibility of bleaching it at the lowest cost.
Aluminum foil is easy to make overlays that are applied to the teeth after applying a whitening agent to them. I agree that this inexpensive and flexible tooth-fitting material is easier to use than expensive custom fixtures.
With the help of foil, you can easily whiten your teeth for several reasons:
- aluminum foil is very thin, but does not tear;
- the material is not subject to oxidation;
- the elasticity of the food film helps to easily wrap the tooth and fix it for a certain time;
- due to the content of silver, gold, aluminum, steel and tin in the foil, it is safe for health, does not contain hazardous impurities, and also has such a dense atomic network that it does not allow water, steam and gases to pass through, except for hydrogen.
At the same time, the bleaching procedure with a solution containing soda has its own characteristics:
- this substance in combination with salt eliminates bad breath, as it has antibacterial properties;
- the composition of soda helps to relieve inflammation of the gum tissue;
- this component allows you to remove plaque even where it is difficult to reach with a toothbrush.
However, most often this method cannot be used, especially with high sensitivity of the teeth. With regular use, instead of a glossy surface, you will get the opposite result: diluted and gradually rotting nail polish.
It is also not recommended to use a similar procedure for bleeding gums, with severe inflammation of the oral cavity, with various diseases, such as caries.
During natural feeding and bearing a baby, as well as with a painful reaction to the composition of home bleach, it is also undesirable to brush your teeth with this method.
If you wear braces or if your teeth are not naturally white, you will not be able to use this brushing technique.
How to make caps?
While there are many effective cleaning methods, the foil recipe is more effective because saliva does not mix or dilute the bleach.
The concentration of the solution remains optimal, so the effect of the procedure is also noticeable. Many people wonder how to make mouthguards from ordinary foil. It’s actually easier than you think. Let’s describe the whole process.
- From a sheet of food paper, you need to cut two strips according to the size of the upper and lower rows of teeth. Please note that the folded material must completely cover the surface of the tooth enamel.
- Test the device by molding your teeth. You will have two molds.
- Make sure the aligners only cover your teeth. If they coat the gums, they can cause bleeding due to exposure to baking soda.
- Then a whitening solution is prepared in the following proportions: for 2 parts of toothpaste – 1 part of salt and 1 part of soda. This is an important point, since soda is diluted with a paste to avoid its destructive effect on the enamel surface.
- Next, the prepared aluminum molds must be filled with a cleaning mixture, carefully placed on the upper and lower rows of teeth, and wait a quarter of an hour.
- Remove the bath after 15 minutes and rinse your mouth thoroughly. Finally, you need to clean it again with the paste.
it’s good if you choose a paste with a whitening composition for this operation – the additives included in it will enhance the cleansing effect. It is permissible to apply a folk remedy directly on the teeth, and only then apply mouthguards. In this matter, proceed as you see fit.
you can remove ugly plaque from your teeth, make them whiter not only with the help of soda mixed with salt and paste.
There are many options for preparing cleaning mixtures based on pharmaceuticals and even food products. Let’s see which ones to use at home.
Yellowed enamel can be cleaned by mixing lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide with baking soda. Preparation involves the following procedure:
- take half a teaspoon of soda, the same amount of lemon juice and a few drops of hydrogen peroxide (3%);
- the composition is applied for 3 minutes, then washed off with water;
- do not apply the solution with a brush – only with a finger or a cotton swab, make sure that it does not get into the gum area.
The advantage of this method is an instant result, it is immediately visible.
Whitening can be carried out with a composition that includes soda and table vinegar:
- for this, a thick mixture of soda and acetic acid is prepared;
- can be applied with fingers or other improvised means;
- keep it on your teeth for no more than 5 minutes, then rinse your mouth.
The more – the visible effect, the less – an unpleasant sourness.
A whitening mixture can be obtained by adding fresh strawberry pulp to baking soda. You will need a couple of berries and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
The composition is best applied to the surface of the tooth with a cotton swab or soft brush. The exposure time is 5 minutes. Then clean your mouth with regular paste, then rinse well. To achieve the best result, the procedure should be repeated 3-4 times.
In the absence of contraindications, such as hypersensitivity, pregnancy, breastfeeding and a tendency to allergies, natural essential oils – fir, lemon, coconut and tea tree – can be used for whitening.
These solutions are used with caution, even if the child is under 16 years of age.
Natural oil is mixed with toothpaste in an amount of no more than 3 drops, so as not to provoke an increase in the sensitivity of the enamel and an allergic reaction.
For brighter teeth, it is recommended to use essential oil every day before brushing your teeth. To do this, 5 drops of the substance are diluted in half a glass of water, the mouth is rinsed, and then the teeth are brushed.
You can combine it with aloe juice, regular olive oil and paste. However, it should be remembered that this method will only give results after repeated use for 30 days.
So, if you do not abuse the alternative method of whitening tooth enamel using homemade foil and paste, follow the contraindications so that you can periodically clean your teeth from unwanted plaque.
So you can shine a charming smile without paying a decent amount for it.