Terzhinan suppositories – a combined medication that has antimicrobial, antiseptic and antifungal effects. The pharmacological agent is sold in the form of vaginal suppositories. One carton contains a strip (flexible paper packaging) with 6 or 10 vaginal tablets.
One candle contains the following active ingredients:
- ternidazole (a component that has an antibacterial and antifungal effect) – 200 mg;
- neomycin sulfate (antibacterial component) – 100 mg;
- nystatin (antifungal component) – 10,000 IU;
- prednisolone (a substance that has an anti-inflammatory effect) – 3 mg.
The tablet has a yellow tint and an oval shape. On both sides there is an engraving in the form of the letter T.
Indications for use
The use of a pharmacological agent is carried out both for therapy and for preventive measures.
Therapy is carried out with:
- vaginitis of bacterial origin;
- sexually transmitted diseases (trichomoniasis);
- vaginitis of fungal origin;
- mixed vaginitis.
As a preventive therapy, vaginal tablets are used:
- to prevent the development of infections before gynecological surgical interventions;
- immediately before labor or abortion to prevent infections and infection of the fetus;
- before and after the installation of the intrauterine device;
- before carrying out some diagnostic procedures.
In some cases, the drug Terzhinan is used as part of the complex therapy of various gynecological ailments.
Candles are applied vaginally. One candle is placed in the woman’s internal genital organ just before going to bed. It is advisable to perform the procedure in the supine position.
Before applying the medication, it is necessary to immerse the candle in warm water for half a minute. After carrying out therapeutic measures, it is required to remain in a supine position for another quarter of an hour. This is necessary so that when dissolved, the medication does not flow down the walls of the vagina to the outside.
The duration of therapy is up to 10 days. If a fungal disease is diagnosed, the duration of the therapeutic course can be extended up to 20 days. The average duration of therapy is 1 week.
Terzhinan suppositories have a number of contraindications:
- individual intolerance to the components of the medication;
- gestation period up to 12 weeks.
Important! In the second and third trimester of pregnancy, as well as during breastfeeding, vaginal tablets can only be used under the supervision of a specialist.
When using the medication, it should be borne in mind that Terzhinan vaginal suppositories may have negative manifestations. The main manifestations are local reactions:
- swelling and pain in the vaginal area;
- irritation of the mucous membrane of the vagina.
A less common reaction is the disruption of the healing processes of various lesions. This is due to the presence of a corticosteroid in the composition of the drug.
Any antibiotic is incompatible with alcoholic beverages, and since Terzhinan suppositories contain an antibacterial component, its combination with alcohol is impossible. Alcoholic drinks reduce the effect of the components of the drug, which leads to a lack of the proper therapeutic effect.
Terzhinan suppositories are allowed to be used for menstrual bleeding. If there are painful sensations and discomfort during the introduction of the drug into the vagina, therapy should be stopped and the possibility of a second therapeutic course at the end of menstruation should be discussed.
The pharmacological agent is allowed to be combined with other medicines. This is due to the fact that previously no negative manifestations were recorded when Terzhinann suppositories were combined with other medications. If you need to combine vaginal tablets with other types of vaginal suppositories, you should consult a specialist.
If the medication is used for a therapeutic course, it is necessary to carry out parallel therapy for the sexual partner in order to prevent the secondary development of the pathology.
There were no cases of overdose when the recommended dosage of the drug was exceeded. But against the background of an increased dose, negative manifestations may increase with individual intolerance to the components.
Candles Terzhinan do not have an exact analogue. Pharmacy chains sell drugs that are partially similar in action and composition, which are often prescribed as an alternative to the Terzhinan medication.
Partial analogues can be considered:
- Capsules for intervaginal use Polygynax. These suppositories have a partially similar composition with the Terzhinan medication, and, accordingly, a similar effect. Both drugs contain neomycin sulfate and nystatin, but Polygynax also contains a component such as polymyxin B. This component has an antibacterial effect. The main difference between Polygynax capsules is the absence of a component that has an anti-inflammatory effect. Also, the medical device differs somewhat in the technique of introducing the capsule and has fewer negative manifestations after use. Prolonged use of vaginal capsules can be addictive.
- Vaginal suppositories Hexicon. This drug can only replace preventive therapy with Terzhinan and not in all cases. The composition of the drug is poor. The active ingredient is chlorhexidine bigluconate. The drug has an exclusively antiseptic effect and it is impossible to use it as a complete analogue of the pharmacological agent Terzhinan. Hexicon suppositories are successfully used for the treatment of vaginitis exclusively as part of complex therapy. The medication has no contraindications and side effects, which allows you to use it from the very beginning of pregnancy.
- Vaginal suppositories Clotrimazole. The drug has a fundamentally different composition, but has a partially similar effect. The main component of suppositories is Clotrimazole. The agent has an antifungal effect and is used in various abnormal conditions caused by microorganisms sensitive to the active ingredient.
- Vaginal tablets Meratin Combi. The drug most similar to Terzhinan. It contains an antimicrobial component and glucocorticosteroids. The drug is suitable for both therapy …