What do you immediately remember when you mention the word “acne”?
Probably something like this: Morning. The light is on, the alarm clock is on. You go into the bathroom. Jars, tubes. Mirror. Your face…
“What is it…!”
“Why is this…?”
And finally: “Lord, what to do now ?!”
In principle, acne is treated. Since the problem is popular, there are a lot of means to solve it. In specialized stores, you can easily buy tonics, gels, creams and other preparations. In addition, pharmacies sell natural and time-tested tinctures, ointments and others.
What to choose?
Against the background of all other means, the time-tested calendula tincture stands out favorably. It has been used for a long time, and many are satisfied with its effect. Tincture is sold in a pharmacy more often in small glass bottles or in tubes and costs less than 50 rubles.
Calendula tincture has several advantages over other anti-inflammatory drugs:
- Availability. Sold in any pharmacy.
- Low price.
However, it should not be used for:
- Individual intolerance or allergy to any of the components.
- Skin conditions requiring other treatment
- open wounds
The action of calendula
This plant has anti-inflammatory, bactericidal and soothing properties.
What will relieve the use of cosmetics containing calendula flowers:
- Acne, boils
- Black dots
- Dark spots
- Darkening, scarring, which may occur after the disappearance of the pimple.
In addition, calendula tincture, when used wisely, dries the skin (in order not to overdry it, you can dilute the tincture with water in a ratio of 50 to 50 and wipe your face with the resulting solution). She is also recommended to wipe her back and décolleté area with rashes on them.
Instructions for use of calendula tincture
Consider how to properly apply calendula tincture on problem skin.
To get started, take note: calendula tincture is recommended to be used exclusively at night. The fact is that after its application on the face, as a rule, yellow spots appear. Firstly, they are ugly, and secondly, they interfere with applying makeup.
There is some disagreement about whether to use the tincture on the entire face. Applying it pointwise to acne or wiping the entire face is a rather individual matter.
- If you decide to apply pointwise to each pimple, soak a cotton swab in the tincture. And if you need to dry your face skin, blot a cotton pad with tincture.
- Either cauterize each pimple, holding the tip of a cotton swab on it for a while, or gently wipe the entire face with a cotton pad. You can do both – first wipe, and then cauterize. Just do not overdo it, do not keep the cotton wool for too long in one place.
- Wait for a while, letting the tincture soak into the skin. It can burn a lot.
- Wash your face.
The whole procedure will take you five minutes. Performing it daily in the evening, you will quickly get rid of acne. They will not leave any scars or spots on the skin.
True, you should not use only this tincture. In the treatment of acne, an integrated, versatile approach plays an important role. To achieve the best results, you need to change your diet, get fresh air more often, try to be less nervous and wash more. Maybe with soap.
If, for some reason, calendula tincture did not suit you at all (the fact is that such alcohol tinctures are generally not suitable for everyone), contact a doctor who specializes in this – a dermatologist or cosmetologist. One of them will write you a prescription, you go to the pharmacy, and they will mix it with a solution that meets the requirements of your skin.
A variety of recipes for preparations from calendula
This miraculous plant is often included in the composition of any healing products, therefore, to get rid of skin problems, it can be purchased in the form of masks, powder, ointments and tinctures directly on alcohol. Also, some means, masks, for example, with its use, you can mix yourself at home.
Some homemade recipes using a decoction, tincture and just calendula flowers will follow below. Almost everything you need for prescriptions can be purchased inexpensively at a pharmacy. The rest is in grocery stores.
- Mask. You need to mix 2-3 teaspoons of calendula tincture with the same amount of water, then add 2 teaspoons of flour, mix. Apply the resulting mixture in a thin layer on the face. Wash off with water after ten minutes.
- Composition of honey and decoction of calendula flowers. First, make a decoction of flowers. In the same way as any other decoction from plants (in general, the principle of making decoctions is described in one of the recipes below). Then, in 200 milliliters (mug) of warm water, add 2 teaspoons of light honey and the same amount of decoction prepared earlier. Stir until all ingredients are completely dissolved in each other. Wipe your face daily with the resulting solution and after a couple of days you will definitely notice the first results.
- Mask. Mix 1 large spoon of calendula tincture and flour, taken in the same amount, add water. Stir until the mixture thickens like sour cream. Apply the mask for ten minutes, then wash your face thoroughly.
- Lotion. Take 50 milliliters of vodka, 20 milligrams of water, 5 large spoons of cologne, mix. Pour 2 tablespoons of calendula flowers with the resulting liquid. Hide in some dark and scary place for a week. After that, drip 5 grams of 5% boric acid and 3 milliliters of glycerin. The resulting product perfectly cleanses the skin and prevents any new inflammation from appearing. Spot it on the inflammation twice every day.
- In 50 milliliters of calendula tincture, place 2 drops of tea tree oil. Twice or thrice a day, apply pointwise to inflammation, exactly as described in the instructions above (in the “Instructions for using calendula tincture” part). Only this time, the option of applying the solution to the entire face is absolutely unacceptable – you can overdry the skin.
- Decoction. In half a liter of boiling water, dip 2 tablespoons of dried calendula flowers, boil for 3 minutes, then cool and strain. The resulting broth should be washed. The most interesting thing is that this wonderful decoction is the best fit for all those who suffer from two troubles at once – both acne and dry skin. A decoction with regular use will “kill” these two birds with one stone – and acne will stop appearing, and the skin will freshen up, saturated with moisture.
- Tincture with onions. 10…