Any woman strives to take care of herself in order to have an attractive appearance. Achieving this result is unthinkable without flawless smooth skin, which means that you have to remove unwanted hair in all sorts of ways: wax epilation, sugar epilation, a huge selection of epilators and razors, tweezers, etc. More recently, know-how from eastern countries has appeared on the cosmetic markets of our country – this is threading hair removal. Despite the fact that this method is very young compared to other hair removal veterans, it is rapidly and steadily gaining momentum among the female population.
Threading is a rather ancient method of hair removal, and it is still very common in the countries of Asia, Egypt, Turkey, India, the Middle and Far East. Girls there are taught this craft from a very early age. In Russia, such a method appeared relatively recently under the name “trading”. The essence of this method is to pull out unwanted hairs of threads intertwined in a special way. Such epilation is most suitable for facial hair removal (eyebrow correction, mustache removal). Despite the fact that many methods of modern hair removal are quite technologically advanced, they do not allow you to achieve such an accurate result as threading.
Cotton thread is most suitable for this type of hair removal (silk thread is not recommended).
Before starting the procedure, it is necessary to disinfect the treated area. After disinfection, the skin should be steamed for easier and less painless hair pulling, for example, with a hot towel or cotton pad. Then take the thread and tie its ends together, you should get a circle. Next, put the thread ring on the thumbs and forefingers of both hands. Now twist the loop (5 – 7 times) in the middle to make a figure eight, while one loop should be larger than the other. Position the thread so that the place of twisting is under the hairs (the large loop should be at the top, and the small loop should be at the bottom). Then sharply spread the fingers threaded into the small loop towards the large one. The twisted part will “go” up. Thus, the loop moving up will capture and pull out the hairs. After the procedure, it is necessary to use a moisturizer to avoid the appearance of ingrown hairs.
It is best to start training from the feet – there, great accuracy is not required, and the hands will not get so tired. Beginners should take threads of small length (20 – 25 cm), they are easier to handle. As experience increases, the threads can be increased, which will significantly reduce the epilation time.
This method has now been improved. Now in the salons it is hardly possible to meet a master using traditional technology, instead of this, mechanical machines that emit thread slip are used. Although there are adherents of the old principles. The masters of the East do not even tear off the thread from the spool, holding it in their hand, they clamp the free end with their teeth, and there is a loop in the other hand.
- This is a fairly inexpensive method, so almost any woman can treat herself to a visit to the salon, because this type of hair removal is becoming very popular. Unfortunately, at the moment, not many salons can provide such services;
- In addition, such hair removal is a fairly simple procedure, and anyone can master it;
- The process is quite fast, since the thread captures several hairs at once;
- The result lasts up to 3-4 weeks.
- Threading is almost painless compared to regular plucking with tweezers or waxing;
- One of the main positive qualities of epilation is the accuracy of the lines. With no other method you will get such perfect bends. When correcting eyebrows, this is simply irreplaceable. Thanks to the threads, it is not necessary to adhere to the classic bend, you can easily give the eyebrows any shape. The thread captures entire rows of hairs at a time, which allows you to speed up the epilation process;
- It is also important that the thread, in comparison with many other types of hair removal, does not injure the skin and does not cause allergic reactions;
- With constant use, the hair becomes softer, thinner, lighter and grows much less frequently.
- Threading requires constant disinfection before and after the procedure, if this rule is not followed, then there is a possibility of infection;
- With insufficient experience or incorrect procedure, ingrown hairs may appear;
- Redness is possible (it is recommended to apply cold after epilation);
- With a low pain threshold, the procedure can be quite unpleasant.
Epilation is contraindicated if:
- there are various neoplasms on the skin (moles, papillomas, warts), growths can be damaged;
- chronic skin diseases;
- sunburn. The burn increases the sensitivity of the skin, resulting in increased pain;
- viral and infectious diseases of varying severity. It is possible to get a new infection;
- Oncology. Cancer lowers immunity, increases the risk of infection;
- Pregnancy. Pain can be harmful to the child;
- Lactation. May affect the quantity and quality of milk.
After the completion of hair removal, one should not forget about a few not unimportant rules. Compliance with them guarantees a long-term preservation of the initial result, avoiding infection and preventing many troubles:
- to achieve the best effect, it is necessary to use products that slow down hair growth;
- sunbathing is not recommended for several days. Sunscreen should be used when going outside in the summer;
- after epilation, do not apply any cosmetics for a day;
- it is forbidden to visit solariums, saunas, pools, baths for several days.