Water is a drink given to us by nature. The most natural and valuable for the human body. It fills our stomach when we are hungry and cools when we are hot. Doctors recommend that an adult body consume about 2 liters of water per day, and this does not include other liquids (soups, teas, coffee).
Water is an ideal product for weight loss, as it has zero calories. Since a person is 80% water, in order to lose weight we need to remove this liquid … with the help of water. Don’t let this tautology fool you. Now we will explain what is the matter here. Calorie burning is ensured by the correct water-salt balance. If the body experiences a lack of fluid, then it begins to delay it, which will certainly affect the scales and will not please you with edema. Lack of water will cause dehydration of the body, which will also affect your appearance. Tight, dry, dull skin of the face, lifeless hair, fatigue and weakness throughout the body.
One of the toughest diets for weight loss is drinking water alone. This is an unbalanced and unhealthy diet. It is not recommended to sit on it for more than one day. In such a short period of time, you certainly will not lose weight, but you can cleanse your body.
As a rule, we go on a diet after overeating – a festive feast. This is fundamentally not true. Doctors advise not after, but before the expected holiday, to spend a fasting day. Don’t overload your gastrointestinal tact. It will be stressful for the body to eat to satiety one day, and to drink only water the next.
Stock up on two liters of water. Preferably bottled or filtered. The best choice would be – melt water. Try not to drink boiled liquid. Doctors also call it – dead water. There will be no benefit from a day spent drinking boiled water. Also eliminate – carbonated water, for the same reasons.
Try not to drink other liquids on this day – tea, coffee, juice.
Remember that our goal is to cleanse the body of toxins, and not lose weight by fabulous numbers in one day. Try to stick to proper nutrition. Do not overload your gastrointestinal tract, and to normalize its work, arrange water fasting days for yourself. You need to get out of such a diet gradually. The first day, try to eat porridge cooked in water. On the second – steamed vegetables and meat. After that, you can return to your usual type of diet.
Refrain from physical activity. Refraining from food is stressful for the body. If you are still zealous in the gym, then the body will release the hormone cortisol, and the next time you will not see the desired numbers on the scales.
So, throughout the day you will need to use only water. It is recommended to drink one glass every 30-40 minutes.
Try not to drink more than 500 ml at a time. this is bad for your stomach and will put extra strain on your kidneys. If on this day you have an increased feeling of thirst, then the body has begun to cleanse itself. Slags come out with liquid, and you need to replenish the water reserves in the body. Drink in small sips. Saturate your body with water.
The following tricks will help to cope with the feeling of hunger:
- First of all, attitude. Convince yourself of the usefulness of the event. It may be difficult at first, but the feeling of lightness that follows will inspire you a little later.
- When thinking about food, try to distract yourself. Do something interesting or something that you have been putting off for a long time. The time has come.
- take a shower or bath. This will help you relax and unwind. But do not forget about cosmetic procedures – rub the problem areas with a stiff brush. This will help you doubly.
- walk around the city, meet friends, visit a museum together, but try to avoid talking about food and avoid cafes and restaurants.
- if the feeling of hunger does not go away and causes physical discomfort, then add a spoonful of honey or a drop of lemon to the liquid. But in any case, do not attack the food. Remember, you need to get out of the mono-diet gradually! By doing this, you will harm the work of your stomach, and the weight from this will only lose.
The result of the fasting day will depend on the individual characteristics of the organism. After the first positive results in the form of the treasured numbers on the scales and pride in yourself, you will want to repeat the result. After ghosting into the system of fasting days, you will feel a surge of vitality and energy. Try to unload on the water no more than once every 10 days.
Thanks to this starvation, the process of cell renewal starts in the body, and as a result, your tissues and organs are cleansed and restored.
You will notice changes in the skin. It will be more hydrated, supple and radiant. Small wrinkles will be smoothed out, acne and pimples will disappear.
The use of large amounts of liquid results from the body of urea salt, which is deposited in the joints. That is why drinking plenty of water is recommended for patients suffering from arthritis.
The number of kilograms that you can throw off in a month if you spend fasting days every 10 days ranges from 3 to 5.
Above, we have already written more than once that this diet is of a rigid type, which means it is not suitable for everyone. We list the most common contraindications:
- menstrual cycle;
- unformed adolescence. Any experiments during the puberty period are not desirable, especially such harsh ones .;
- people of retirement age. Such a diet can be dangerous for their health.;
- the presence of diabetes mellitus;
- renal and heart failure;
- low blood pressure;
- in the presence of weakness and frequent dizziness;
- during pregnancy and lactation.
Do not be discouraged if a water fasting day is contraindicated for you. There are many other methods of cleansing the body without harm to your health.