Those who are trying to get rid of rashes on the face are trying all new means in search of something effective and at the same time affordable. Aspirin for acne (acetylsalicylic acid) is the best helper that is always at hand.
Indications and contraindications
Everyone knows what aspirin is. It is in every home first aid kit and is used not only as an antipyretic and analgesic medicine.
Acetylsalicylic acid is a good remedy for acne. It relieves inflammation and rashes much faster than many cosmetics.
Benefits of aspirin for acne:
- The acid in the composition cleanses and tightens pores.
- Reduces soreness and itching at the site of the rash.
- Removes irritation.
- Reduces sebum production.
Aspirin can be used for any problematic skin. These are acne, pimples, too oily skin of the face. It tightens pores well and eliminates oily sheen. Aspirin is a drug. And like any medication, it has its contraindications. In some cases it cannot be used:
- pregnancy, breastfeeding;
- allergic conditions;
- acute forms of diseases;
- individual intolerance.
If there is a tendency to allergic reactions, before use, apply the composition (a small amount) to the place of the elbow bend and wait 15 minutes, and then rinse. If the skin color has not changed, there are no rashes and itching, the product can be applied. Otherwise, it is strictly forbidden to use a mask or belongings.
5 rules for making a face mask
For the correct preparation of a cosmetic product, you need to know a few rules.
- First you need to make sure that the drug has not expired.
- Only regular aspirin tablets are suitable for use, but not its effervescent counterparts.
- To grind the tablets, you need to use glass or earthenware dishes.
- The crushed tablet should be slowly added to water and stirred continuously until completely dissolved.
- To avoid burns and irritation, you must strictly adhere to the instructions for the composition and do not add ingredients that are not in the recipe.
Before you carry out the home procedure, you should steam your face well and clean it with a soft scrub.
The maximum exposure time of the mixture with aspirin should not exceed 10 minutes. It can be applied topically or over the entire surface. If there is a feeling of discomfort (itching, burning), you need to immediately wash your face.
If a mask or scrub is used for the first time, then you should start with a recipe with non-aggressive ingredients: honey, butter, yogurt. First, the cosmetic composition is best applied pointwise. Do not apply to areas with overdried and damaged skin.
Even if aspirin-based masks are considered effective, the “magic” result from the first time, of course, will not appear. To get a real effect, you need to spend about 10 procedures. Aspirin for acne should not be used frequently. Enough 2 times a week.
10 face masks with aspirin
10 effective recipes for face masks based on aspirin or acetylsalicylic acid:
- Ordinary mask. The simplest composition: aspirin with water. To prepare, crushed tablets (5 pcs.) Will need to be dissolved in a dessert spoon of water. Apply directly to problem areas.
- With yogurt. Dissolve 2 crushed tablets in 5 ml of water, pour 1 tbsp into the solution. l. unsweetened yogurt. Hold for 30 minutes, wash. Apply skin care cream.
- For oily skin. Dissolve tablets (8 pcs.) in lemon juice. Apply for 7 minutes. Wash off with warm soda solution (1 tsp per glass of water). This is a rather aggressive acne mask on the face, so it should not be applied to damaged skin. After the mask, apply a care product.
- With clay. Dilute cosmetic black clay (1 tablespoon) with mineral water, add aspirin (1 tablet). Apply for a quarter of an hour, wash with cool water.
- Honey mask. Crush 4 aspirin tablets, add a few drops of water. 1 st. l. mix honey with the solution and apply for 10 minutes. Rinse afterwards with warm water.
- Olive mask. 1 st. l. oil mixed with 2 crushed tablets, pour a few drops of lemon juice. Mix and apply directly. After 20 minutes, wash with warm water.
- Coffee mask. 1 tsp ground coffee and 2 spoons of cosmetic white clay stir, add 4 tablets. Pour in mineral water to a mushy consistency. Apply with massaging circular movements, avoiding contact with the skin around the eyes. Withstand 20 minutes.
- With aloe. Wash four leaves of the plant, dry, squeeze out the juice. Grind 3 aspirin tablets, but not to a powdery state, but to leave grains. 1 tsp mix oils, aloe juice and aspirin. Apply the mixture on a clean face and rub in circular motions for several minutes. Leave for half an hour, wash with warm water.
- Kefir. Beat one white of a fresh egg, add a few drops of lemon juice, three aspirin tablets and a spoonful of kefir. Apply to the face in several steps. Allow the first layer to dry, then proceed to the next. So repeat several times. Kefir mask well tightens pores and dries. Recommended for very oily skin.
- Acne mask with aspirin and balm. Mix 4 tablets and any balm. Apply, hold for 10 minutes. Wash off with cool water.
There are a lot of recipes for face masks with acetylsalicylic acid for acne, but they are all connected by such properties: soothe inflammation, dry acne, narrow pores. These are the properties of aspirin. The main thing is to choose the ingredients that are suitable for your skin type. Aspirin for acne gives a good result. And if you still eat right, observe hygiene, then the procedures will act several times more efficiently.