Existing hair preparations include various components that hair does not need: thickeners, emulsifiers, preservatives, flavors. They are necessary to create and maintain a cosmetic product for a certain period of time. Medicinal formulations contain chemical compounds designed for a specific effect. But such cosmetics do not have a specific addressee, so the result of its action is ambiguous.
Home hair care methods use natural products without chemical additives and in the required amount. Their effect is noticeable from several procedures. Among the well-known techniques are massage and scalp masks with salt.
For cosmetic purposes, salt has been used for a very long time, because they noticed its positive effect on the human body. Today we know that sodium is necessary for nerve cells, chlorine for gastric juice. Irritating the surface of the skin, salt causes its slight reddening, which increases blood flow and oxygen supply to the skin. Acting mechanically on the scalp, grains of salt massage and cleanse it. Sea salt is more effective than regular salt. The most useful is the Dead Sea salt.
It differs from table salt only in a large number of trace elements, and its main composition is ordinary salt – sodium chloride. Evaporated, sea salt has a light gray tint. It is obtained due to the admixture of clay and small algae, which are a useful component of salt.
Sea salt contains dozens of different substances, and they are in the compounds necessary for the human body. Sea salt improves skin elasticity, promotes its regeneration. Salt trace elements are involved in cell nutrition, affect blood clotting, hormonal metabolism, the immune system, and vascular elasticity. Sea salt is used for cosmetics.
If the salt is slightly moistened, then its chemical constituents will be absorbed into the skin. Zinc is necessary for the activity of the sebaceous glands, sulfur reduces their activity, silicon is a hair growth stimulant. Salt solution destroys fungi and germs.
- All salt procedures are carried out with intact skin. It should not have scratches and inflammation.
- If there is an allergy, then use only pure sea salt without aromatic and other additives.
- For some skin diseases, salt procedures are contraindicated.
- The drying effect caused by salt is undesirable for dry skin and dry hair.
- Salt dries hair, the maximum amount of salt used per week is 2 times. Course – 8 procedures, sometimes – 6. Salt courses can be carried out 2 times a year.
- Massage with salt is contraindicated for the scalp at high temperature, stroke and hypertension.
All procedures with salt should be done taking into account the characteristics of the hair. If thin hair, then the salt is better to choose fine. Observations of the result and the experience gained will tell you what consistency of the mask is suitable for hair, and which component of the recipe needs to be increased or decreased.
Salt peeling for oily hair
Salt can act as a scrub. It absorbs grease and various impurities from the hair. It is used before water procedures. For short hair, it is enough to take a tablespoon of sea or table salt, for medium – 2.
Moisten the fingertips with water, dip in salt and with light movements in the direction of hair growth, lightly pressing and stroking, run your fingers over the skin from the crown down to the neck. Then from the crown to the ears and finally to the forehead. Each time, do not forget to collect salt. Movement along the hairline cleanses the pores.
The second type of movements – the fingers press the skin and slightly shift it with light, rotational movements. Fingertips should pass over the entire surface of the skin. Thumbs are not involved in peeling. The procedure ends with stroking, gentle movements along the hairline.
This process takes 10 minutes. Cover your hair with a hat or towel. It takes time for the pores to clear and the skin to calm down. After half an hour, you can wash your hair.
For oily hair, this procedure is simply necessary in order to cleanse the ducts of the sebaceous glands and the surface of the skin from dandruff. Sea salt gives a greater effect, it helps growth, prevents hair loss.
You can make hair masks based on salt. To the same amount of salt that was used for peeling, add fat-free kefir or yogurt. Apply the composition to the roots and hair. Cover your head with a towel. For a mask, 20 minutes is enough. Washed hair becomes soft and shiny.
- Honey. A very old mask recipe is known. Take equal amounts of salt, cognac and honey (1 glass each). Prepare the mixture in a glass jar and refrigerate for two weeks. The composition is applied to the skin and hair, it should act within an hour. The mask can be washed off without shampoo. Store the mixture in the refrigerator or in a dark and cool place.
- Khlebnaya. A teaspoon of salt, 100 g of rye bread gruel, 2 yolks. Mix everything and apply to clean hair roots. Close the hair with a cap and after half an hour the composition can be washed off. This mixture strengthens the bulbs and cleanses the skin of dandruff.
- For growth. Beat the yolk, add honey, salt, olive oil (1 teaspoon each) and a tablespoon of mustard, pour in lemon juice. Mix everything well. Apply the composition to the hair roots for 20 minutes. Put on a hat. Shampoo wash off the remaining oil.
Hair Styling Salt
Salt is dissolved in water and sprayed on the hair, and then the hair is styled in its usual way. It is not necessary to fix such styling.
- All masks can be combined with a scalp massage.
- To enhance the action, lemon juice can be added to all recipes with salt for oily skin.
- There are recipes that suggest adding clay for masks.
The effect will be obtained after 8 weeks. All salt procedures strengthen the bulbs, promote hair growth, reduce oiliness, cleanse the pores on the skin and tighten them.