For every woman, it is very important how she looks, so any lady takes special care of her face, a healthy and attractive appearance of which is ensured, first of all, by beautiful skin. A fairly common female problem is the deterioration of complexion.
Often, special cosmetics are used to even out its tone, lighten or get rid of freckles, which can be purchased ready-made or made independently at home. Folk remedies for cosmetology offer a fairly large number of recipes for skin whitening with a wide variety of composition. A worthy place among them is occupied by products that include orange peel.
Why should you whiten your skin?
Why does facial skin lose its attractiveness and its color worsens? The most common causes of this common problem are:
- bad habits;
- constant exposure to the sun;
- diseases of internal organs;
- bad weather conditions;
- vascular problems.
In such cases, a woman invariably faces the question of how to make her skin attractive, as well as restore her healthy color. In what cases will it be useful to apply facial skin whitening with orange peel?
- The appearance of pigment spots.
- Seasonal freckles.
- Too much tan.
- Naturally dark skin.
- Gray or yellow complexion, which appears as a result of bad habits or diseases of the body.
- The presence of traces (scars, nodules, broken capillaries) that may occur after cosmetic procedures.
Health Benefits of Orange Peel
Orange peel contains many useful substances: vitamins A and C, potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium and organic acids. Because of this, orange peel is very beneficial for facial skin. It not only whitens and evens out the complexion, but also gives the skin tone, relieves swelling, inflammation, tightens pores, prevents excessive oiliness, gives smoothness and elasticity. The use of orange peel as a cosmetic product improves blood circulation and eliminates swelling, resulting in whitening and improved complexion.
Vitamins contained in orange peel quickly penetrate into the pores of the skin, so whitening occurs quite quickly. It is enough to carry out 8-10 procedures for applying masks, and the skin will naturally acquire a flowering appearance. In addition to whitening, orange peel has a rejuvenating effect, since vitamin C contributes to additional collagen production, which prevents the appearance of wrinkles. The skin of the face becomes not only brighter, but also younger.
Preparing the peel for cosmetic use
For the preparation of products for the purpose of whitening the skin, you can use the zest in fresh or dried form, its effect does not become less effective from this. Most often, dried orange peel is added to the composition of whitening masks. The preparation of the zest consists of three stages:
- Peel the fruit from the peel and spread it carefully in a dry, sunny place.
- After a few days (a week will be enough), the dried zest will need to be crushed with a blender or coffee grinder.
- Put the finished powder in a cool place for several hours.
After that, the zest can be used directly to make whitening masks. There are many recipes based on crushed orange peel, which allow you to provide the skin with gentle whitening. Since there are no artificial ingredients in such masks, they will not only be useful, but also safe. Masks will get rid of age spots and unhealthy complexion, it is important to choose the right recipe. As a rule, orange peel is added to other natural ingredients (milk, honey, yogurt), thereby the resulting remedy will brighten the skin, moisturize it and provide additional nutrition.
Rules for applying masks
Whitening masks, which include orange peel, should be done regularly, every day or at least 5 times a week.
First, the skin of the face must be cleansed with a tonic or a decoction of herbs, and only then apply the mixture on the face with careful movements. After the mask is washed off the face, any nourishing cream should be applied to the skin. The mask must be dry on the face, only then it can be washed off. Depending on what other components are included in the composition of the prepared product, in addition to orange peel, it may take a different amount of time to dry, from about 10 to 20 minutes. Gradually, the skin of the face will brighten, age spots will disappear.
If after applying the mask the mixture remains, it should be removed in the refrigerator, placed in a tight container that does not let light through. The mixture will not lose its healing properties for a long time.
If the skin is dry and sensitive, masks with the addition of orange peel should be treated more carefully. In this case, oil or any softening cream can be added to the prepared product. Before applying the mask to the skin of the entire face, it is worth trying to cover a small area with the mixture and observe the reaction for a couple of minutes. If the skin turns red or becomes even drier, then an allergic reaction to citrus fruits is possible.
Popular orange peel mask recipes
- Dairy. It is necessary to take two tablespoons of warmed milk and add 30 grams (about one tablespoon) of crushed orange peel to it and shake.
- Curd. To 50-70 grams of fatty cottage cheese, add 30 grams of orange peel and knead until a thick mixture is obtained.
- Mask with yogurt. For this mask, you will need low-fat yogurt without sugar and fruit. In equal proportions, mix yogurt and orange zest (about a tablespoon with a slide), mix well and apply to the skin.
- Honey. Mix a tablespoon of zest and the same amount of honey, add a couple of drops of lemon juice to the resulting mixture and apply on the face.
- Mask with almonds. Due to its beneficial properties, almonds have a great effect on the skin of the face, and in combination with the properties of orange peel, it gives the skin not only whitening, but also additional nutrition. Almonds need to be ground in the same way as the zest, until a powder is obtained, and then diluted with warm water so that a thick mixture is obtained. Add a tablespoon of orange peel to the gruel, stir again. The mask is ready.
- Mask with tea and linseed oil. This mask will require a little more ingredients: flour, cottage cheese, linseed oil, black tea, fish oil and orange peel. You need to take a tablespoon of flour and so much …