Women’s and men’s wardrobe for the cold season is simply unthinkable without a warm cozy sweater. This practical and versatile item keeps you warm and comfortable even in the coldest weather. And it goes well with any bottom, be it elegant trousers or a romantic skirt. In today’s review, we will tell you which fashionable sweaters will be relevant for the autumn-winter 2023-2024 season.
Interesting: Fashionable scarves and stoles for autumn-winter 2023-2024
Top Sweater Trends: Fall-Winter 2023/24
Color is the first thing you should pay attention to when choosing a sweater. The trend is gentle and refreshing pastel colors, as well as strict cold shades. The former include: pistachio, beige, pale yellow, coffee with milk, honey. To the second: mint, bottle green, blue, lavender, turquoise. Each of these shades can be attributed to the top in the current season.
Fashion trends have not ignored bright models. A red sweater will look very interesting in autumn-winter outfits. More natural – burgundy. An excellent impression will be created by a mustard-colored sweater. To add romance to the image, turn to pink. It is so popular that it has long been considered an out-of-season color. As always, achromatic black, white and gray are out of fashion. Contact them if you don’t know what to wear.
What else you should pay attention to in the autumn-winter 2023-2024 season is the texture of the sweater. Smooth models somewhat faded into the background, giving way to the leading positions of relief. Large knitting, knots, “pigtails”, furrows, unusual geometry – that’s what will definitely be in the trend. And, of course, prints. The favorite of the cold season is the cage. It definitely won’t be much. Retro patterns in the form of geometric rhombuses are returning to the fashionable pedestal.
Interesting: Fashionable dresses for autumn 2023
Models with one large pattern on the chest will look no less relevant. This is also a trend reborn from the 90s.
What sweaters to wear for women in autumn and winter 2023/24: trends and novelties of the season
Next, we offer to get acquainted with the most trendy models closer. What, in addition to the classics, is still worth paying attention to with the onset of the cold season.
- Oversaz. Oversize is diverse and infinitely relevant in the segment of women’s sweaters. Loose cut models with long and wide sleeves will be one of the most successful solutions here. Despite the deviation from tradition, in the fall-winter 2023-2024, oversized women’s sweaters are easy to include in looks, even with jeans, even with a light floor-length dress. This thing will definitely give you a feeling of comfort, warm in cool weather.
- With cutouts. Last season, this model was almost included in the lists of anti-trends. And in this we can again observe its growing popularity. Not quite according to the weather, but the V-shaped neckline on the back, complemented by romantic lacing, will look absolutely charming. Small neat cutouts on the shoulders, sleeves or at the waist level, slits on the sides will also make familiar sweater models more interesting.
- shortened. Stylish and seductive in their own way, cropped sweaters will become one of the main must-haves of the autumn-winter season. Yes, they are not very associated with frost, but they can be worn under suitable outerwear. Such models, for obvious reasons, will look best on girls with a good figure. And it is worth combining them with jeans, skirts, shorts or trousers that have a high fit.
- With a high voluminous neck. A novelty that will definitely fit into the atmosphere of the cold season. A dense two-layer collar that completely covers the neck is not only spectacular, but also practical. Wear such a model when there is a strong minus or chilly winds outside, it can definitely protect you from a cold. Often, designers complement a sweater with a high neck with very long sleeves to maintain harmony in a fashionable look.
- “Ragged”. And immediately another novelty of the season – a model with “torn” elements. Very unusual and stylish option. It is expected that such a sweater will become a favorite of the autumn-winter 2023 season. Of course, it cannot be included in office bows, but it will perfectly complement casual, street-style, grunge looks. Threads hanging along the edge of the bottom and sleeves, “torn out” sections of fabric – all this looks non-trivial, adds novelty to the bows of modern fashionistas.
- Knitted. A trendy knitted sweater is absolutely impossible to ignore if you are creating a selection for the cold season. Like last year, large textured knitting remains relevant. Moreover, it is suitable even for obese women, the main thing in their case is to avoid bulky elements in the waist and chest so that they do not draw attention to extra centimeters. But the open shoulder will look very cool. However, you can do without it.
Interesting: Fashionable outerwear for women: trends for autumn 2023
It is still worth paying attention to sweaters with a zipper. Moreover, they have long proved their versatility and practicality. Elongated knitted models are also quite in fashion, as well as sweaters with accentuated voluminous sleeves.
We have listed the main trends that determine which women’s sweaters we will wear in the fall-winter 2023-2024. Study the photos of the presented new products in order to select the suitable option for yourself today.
Author: Mizyukalina Olga